edited February 2011 in General Discussion
what class etc?
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Never, because it's supposed to be a team effort? >_>

...in all seriousness, it's possible if you're a sin with ridiculous int gear and buffs, or perhaps a really, really dedicated veno. But why on earth would you want to do such a thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    more exp and i hate faffing around getting it all set up lol.
    possible for a lvl 94 archer witha good cleric? :/
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No.

I solo FC, lvl 101 barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Assuming you can somehow keep everyone else out of the way?

I've pet-tanked it as a venomancer in my mid 70s. It takes forever, but you can do it.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    more exp and i hate faffing around getting it all set up lol.
    possible for a lvl 94 archer witha good cleric? :/

that wouldnt be solo xd

i know some clerics that solo'ed it at 100, sins solo it all the time, bms and barbs too.
    it really boils down to -int+gear. at 94 without 95 claws, 99gold.. dunno:\
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You would get bumraped by the group of mobs like the assassins/big room mobs and your repair bills are going to be insane.
    Assassins are the easiest to solo with, skip all mobs, kill bosses. Gets my sin about..~10-15%? or something per run at 100.
    Any BM/Barb could do it too, they'll just have to get through the mobs but even then it would be a lot easier for a barb/bm than it would be for an archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I soloed my first FC on my sin lvl 99
    (I had: TT80 weapon, LG cape, LA TT99 Boots + wrists, HA TT99 ornaments and R6(?))
    The second boss is the harder and you MUST be charmed and to have the barb + cleric buffs.

I did that few time, but you kill your charm (around) at the third FC run without more intervals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you might be able to solo it if your archer was r8, +5 or more on everythingb:bye
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Assuming you can somehow keep everyone else out of the way?

I've pet-tanked it as a venomancer in my mid 70s. It takes forever, but you can do it.

Seriously? I don't see how it is possible for a mid-70s veno. How do you manage Dreadindra when lower level *squads* can't keep up with the bishops and wipe? Not to mention Fragrance, no pet can tank him, he debuffs same as Polearm. Maybe a high level veno could solo most (but still not Fragrance) but I highly doubt a lower level could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Korrok - Harshlands
    Korrok - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've solo'd FC on a 94 sin, and ran it with a cleric. The cleric run is pretty simple, saves charm(for the sin) and pots, but it takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes of hyper. Good XP though.

Soloing is not as much fun, though it's easier. **** your charm, tons of pot cost, good XP. 2nd boss is **** difficult unless you glitch it, rest of the run is cake. Don't **** up at runewolf lol.

Really though, going with a similarly levelled group is still the best way to run FC until you're 100 and 5 aps.

To answer your question though, yes a 94 sin and cleric could duo FC, but you need decent APS and a lot of chi pots or you'll be there all day.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Seriously? I don't see how it is possible for a mid-70s veno. How do you manage Dreadindra when lower level *squads* can't keep up with the bishops and wipe? Not to mention Fragrance, no pet can tank him, he debuffs same as Polearm. Maybe a high level veno could solo most (but still not Fragrance) but I highly doubt a lower level could.

By thinking this was asking about Silver-Frost, not about Frost-City :)

Sorry, total disconnect.

Though yeah, I pet-tanked most of the bosses at 78 - but no way would I be able to do that AND the bishops, or any of the stunning bosses, solo.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I started soloing FCC:
    Barb 100
    Archer 99
    BM 100
    Sin 90 b:quiet but it took so long & was such ra pe, not worth till 99/100
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I 90+% soloed it at about 97, but I'm an assassin and it was expensive lol. I had someone come help me for the 2nd boss (they didnt touch it though) and for the 7th I think it is, in the experience room. They just did hands because it wasn't working for me. I'd hit the hands, and deal damage on them but they wouldnt die. I died once alone there trying until my friend came. And we both died once, he had several hits on the set of hands in his damage log but again...they didn't die. So yeah, we tried again and he took hands. Then we did the mobs in there together and the heads together.

So I was at like 1.82 aps, and sage. and charmed lol. and I didnt have any buffs but my own for most of it, because I'm stubborn and wasnt going to find a barb again after the bishop boss.

For a 94 archer I'd think it would be easier to do a 4 man fc. Barb, Cleric, Sin and you. the exp is better and with a good squad of people that are familiar with eachother, its no problem. You could try 3 man, but I dont know how well that would go with an archer as the third.

I know its a team instance, but at least with my friends we can run it faster with fewer people than when i've tried to join full 6man squads at 99+. Everyone insists on full squads for some reason, when it should be a breeze (99+) but fewer people = more exp. We're talking a few thousand exp on 12x at heads. Try running in a smaller, efficient squad. Not the same as soloing, but its more exp than a full squad. And once you get the routine down you can do it pretty quickly.

BTW I watched someone asking for about an hour in wc yesterday for a 99+ sin for FC. Same person, asking constantly (ouch tele prices lol) we 3maned it at 99 in a shorter amount of time than it must have taken them to find a sin. dont be afraid to try it with a smaller group, even if it takes you 10 minutes longer at 94-98 with less people, with good friends its more fun b:victory
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Why would u solo it, it takes a lot of time just for some extra xp, i have done 3 ppl runs with 2 bm`s insanely fast. Only thing is you can be proud u can solo FCC, otherwise kinda pointless for a bit of more xp.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    BM can solo at 100 if they have 3.33 aps, since it'll give them perm-spark.

Only hard part is gonna be when you fight the Second boss. What you have to do is WoB first off, that'll give ya 10 seconds of immunity to the **** bubble and sleep. After WoB wears off you wanna hit Vac pot, it'll give ya 12 seconds. After that (If you have been sparking when you can) the boss should be close to dead and you should be able to just spark for once more and kill him.

Rest of the bosses are easy, just watch out for fragence and don't forget to use spark to purge off the debuff's it does.

As for the big room, if you can handle one giant pull do so. If not then do it in a half-half or a 2-3 group pull. I know most BM's if they hit Phys marrow and rush in, and keep it up they can handle up to 5 groups or more (depending on HP), but it depends on how much you know about the place and how well you know your character and skills.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's not really the level its the gear. For archer you want to be 5.0 with like 9k hp. If you don't have the HP you can duo with a cleric. If you dont have he DPS don't bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    my cleric at 100 has soloed it a couple of times... but it took foreveeeeeeeer and was no fun at all =.=
  • Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City
    Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i solo it everyday atleast twice a day since i was 100. takes me a hour to get to and finish heads. been taking my alt in since lvl made a cleric to help with charm ticks. very easy to solo
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I solo fcc "easily" since lvl100. Before, I tried but just a waste of pots and charm, not to mention time. Like astrelle said, it's about the gear. I'm a sage sin, got 7.2k hp and don't bug ppl to buff me before soloing something. With cleric/barb/bm buffs it isn't really soloing imo.

Stormtrooper and Fragrance are the biggest problems. Need vac > maze steps > ad on Stromtrooper and if he bubbles in between activations or if he doesn't die within that time charm will tick. Fragrance will always stay a charmrape I think, but it's the dragoons after the firebird that make fcc really worth soloing.

I think any class can solo fcc with the appropriate gear, at least till exp room. Pretty much need a lvl99/100 weap to kill fast (get stormtrooper to weak, kill biships in time, and to kill the normal mobs in 1/2 hits), and enough hp to take a couple of groups at once or you'll be in there for ages.