r8 bm vs archer

Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary
Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
k well i'm curious whether i should r8 my archer or my bm. tbh i really don't know which. so I'm asking your opinions. and maby you guys can start a discussion of bm vs archer in r8. but i'm about to leave for school so unfortunately I won't be in it. but it will be read when i return, and periodically throught the day.
Post edited by Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kiyoi - Harshlands
    Kiyoi - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you do it right, rank 8 archer is much more deadlier than a rank 8 BM...personally..BMs suck through and through but done right it could be nice as well..

I say rank 8 archer, as if you're going pve, you'll have nice defense against bosses and nice attack with the bow. If you're going pvp, again same thing but even better as if you use fists as well, you can have HIGH aps.
  • Suaver - Raging Tide
    Suaver - Raging Tide Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well the rank 8 armor really does you no good as a BM.... Lunar gold and TT99 and nirvana topple it. So when you buy Rank 8 for the BM, all you're getting is maybe the ring (I still prefer my Lunar might ring to the r8 ring), and array of weapons. The poleblade is very nice and so is the axe.
    Instead of asking for spike dmg from TT90 gold zerks, you get consistency with the axe.

Most archers seek APS, and when you get r8 you get an OP bow, (+10 lunar < +4 R8), and a great chest piece for defs + interval. And you might as well use the ring since you dong need the mdef and accuracy from lunar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Withut any doubt get rank on archerb:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Rank 8 BM can be deadly too but there's just one thing to note: rank 8 won't make the BM any deadlier than without it...

Rank 8 archers are way better imo.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    if you want best aps return out of r8, get it on archer.

If you have a BM that's not fully equipped, get r8. You get a nice pdef belt, ring, poleaxe, top and pants.
    All those together are worth it (just the gold mats for axe/top/pants are 76 mill coins, without considering the decomp items + chips).
    I'm 5 aps on my BM and I'm quite happy with the rank ring, poleaxe and top.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If you do it right, rank 8 archer is much more deadlier than a rank 8 BM...personally..BMs suck through and through but done right it could be nice as well..
    i hope you mean BM's rank sucks, and not the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Get r8 on your archer. If you don't I'll find you and slap you. Ijs. Have a nice day.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City
    NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    r8 on archer and r9 on bm b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    if you really want an OP r8 class, roll a wiz b:avoid
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    There's no discussion; if you're only going as far as R8, it has to be on the archer.

BMs get all garbage from R8 minus the ring. The only BMs who use the R8 gear are using it either for show or because they're so poor they don't have anything else.

Archer gets a -.1 interval top and a very nice bow with crit, interval, and dex add-ons.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    /facepalm

archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]