What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see this:

Options
SteelStar - Heavens Tear
SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Barbarian
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f0a7d8d931b3e455

Doesn't matter what it is, but post it no matter how polite or rude it sounds.
It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
Post edited by SteelStar - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As a Vit build, I say good thing u have vit on your equipement. Equipement is very nice. Woudn't like to be against you in PvP for sure b:shocked
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that gear. Is it your endgame setup?

The only suggestion Fuzzy would make is to purge the garnets in your axe and replace with amber shards for accuracy.

Looking at your build in the calculator, Fuzzy already sees physical attack sitting at 5042 - 8614. The +80 the 2 perfect garnets give to your attack is not bad, but in the grand scheme, it wont be that apparent. However putting in 2 perfect ambers will increase your accuracy by 250. Considering you only have 1 Frost Chaos ring (for the +50% accuracy stat), trust the panda, you will notice the difference in the first 5 swings of your axe afterwards.

In Fuzzy's book it makes more sense to hit far more often than hit a tiny bit harder when you do connect.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    first thing that came to mind:

my god... even i have more hp than that...

then i noticed he wasn't in tiger..
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I would never think of restatting to that with those shards, but it gets the job done. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    first thing that came to mind:

my god... even i have more hp than that...

then i noticed he wasn't in tiger..

Still seems kinda low to me. My barb has lots more hp & he's LA & dot sharded b:embarrass

I duno, the gear seems fine

b:chuckle O wow a player that actually has their 4th map belt.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Still seems kinda low to me. My barb has lots more hp & he's LA & dot sharded b:embarrass

I duno, the gear seems fine

b:chuckle O wow a player that actually has their 4th map belt.
    psst, look at the vit.

Get rank 8 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I would never think of restatting to that with those shards, but it gets the job done. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

What do you mean those shards?
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that gear. Is it your endgame setup?

The only suggestion Fuzzy would make is to purge the garnets in your axe and replace with amber shards for accuracy.

Looking at your build in the calculator, Fuzzy already sees physical attack sitting at 5042 - 8614. The +80 the 2 perfect garnets give to your attack is not bad, but in the grand scheme, it wont be that apparent. However putting in 2 perfect ambers will increase your accuracy by 250. Considering you only have 1 Frost Chaos ring (for the +50% accuracy stat), trust the panda, you will notice the difference in the first 5 swings of your axe afterwards.

In Fuzzy's book it makes more sense to hit far more often than hit a tiny bit harder when you do connect.

b:thanks
    I was extremely bored with the vit build and I decided the pure str/dex build for claws. Even with the lack of HP going from 18/22k to 13/16k but increasing my accuracy to 2400 without BB or accuracy shards I thought was pretty good with just ring, but that is something to consider.
    psst, look at the vit.

Get rank 8 weapon.
    I was thinking about that, but I love zerk. I'm torn on what to do here.

Also forgot to add:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e1210f63bd758c36

Also thank you for all the comment and plz keep them coming!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like it. Its very similar to my endgame barb. I'm assuming you are using fists since you statted 200 dex. Couple things (and you can help with my endgame barb).

Band of Heavens Jail is a fine cheap ring, but not endgame. Go with Seal of Eternal Solitude. Same + dex and + vit but has 3% crit, and the best part is its +100 physical attack but refines for magic defense. Once refined for magic defense you can trade out the Saphires in your wrists for vit stones or citrines. Up to you as to your personal preference.

Nirvana gear is next step. Once you have the -int bonus from two pieces of TT99, you can pick your favorite two and the rest can go Nirvana for more def and better refining. I like vana wrists *drools*, and ofc vana pants for -int. With tome and pants you will be 3.33 base and 5.0 sparked and get the +5 attack level bonus.

Keep the magic ornies. Good choices for barbs because of the + vit stats. Alternatives would be cube neck and warsong belt but they are alot more expensive and for a barb the vit multiplies so well its about as beneficial (in different ways) as the defense levels on the more expensive cube neck and warsong belt.

Tome. The idea for fist barbs is 200 dex with gear, then as much str as we can muster while still having the hp to tank. So if you're going with a level 4 tome, go with a str/vit or dex/vit for 5 more stat points. Of course either -int tome will give you this, so thats the goal.

Here's a link to my suggestions. I left the refines and shards the same. Except for shard differences, btw, this is basically an HA bm build.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0a0c28344f21c0f9

Oh. One last thought. I started playing around with the old idea of using Calamities to save points to put them into vitality. Didn't really like it since I still needed 252 strength for Nirvana pants anyways so for only 20 more str I could get G11 GXs axes, and for 35 more str I could use G15 axes. Still going back and forth on stat balance vs need for axe damages. And as for weapon shards, I'd still go with garnets. Fuzzy pointed out accuracy issues, but with 200 dex and a 50% accuracy ring I doubt it'd make a huge difference. Crit + zerk + the little extra base dmg garnets give is still a decent increase. Either way really.

Not to hijack the thread but since its along the same lines, maybe you guys can give your two cents on my fist barb build. Basically the same thing except it uses my BMs gear, he's a HA/LA hybrid and I'd rather just use it for my barb then have to farm more. Two pieces LA I have are boots and wrists, with HA belt and armor. What do you think of this (difference in shards since I want my BM to have JoSD in 2 pieces Nirvana, DoD in 2 pieces, and Vit stones in 2 pieces, but used same refine levels)?
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7760eb18be4a16a9

EDit: (sorry for wall of text. Guess alot of things came to mind first when I saw that)
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wasn't expecting sapphire gems. But you get some dam good magic defense with em.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What do you mean those shards?

I was extremely bored with the vit build and I decided the pure str/dex build for claws. Even with the lack of HP going from 18/22k to 13/16k but increasing my accuracy to 2400 without BB or accuracy shards I thought was pretty good with just ring, but that is something to consider.

I was thinking about that, but I love zerk. I'm torn on what to do here.

Also forgot to add:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e1210f63bd758c36

Also thank you for all the comment and plz keep them coming!
    Zerk is nice, but after a while Gx starts to get outdated.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=61fc02e6d304d0e8

Compare the difference in physical attack between the two weapons with the same weapon/shards.

5410 - 8893 on the Gx, 7114 - 11036 on the R8

Plus R8 is a higher grade so the more you refine the bigger difference

I'd say but both on your skill bar and use the R8 and when you're about to use arma then switch to the Gx, use arma, then switch back.

If you're going for claw build then I also suggest you get 2 evasion ornaments (TT99) for PvE to get a -interval bonus, and really focus on farming G15 nirvana legs, which will give you 5.0 aps sparked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I do agree on most of all the comments and I appreciate them all. b:thanks
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Zerk is nice, but after a while Gx starts to get outdated.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=61fc02e6d304d0e8

Compare the difference in physical attack between the two weapons with the same weapon/shards.

5410 - 8893 on the Gx, 7114 - 11036 on the R8

Plus R8 is a higher grade so the more you refine the bigger difference

I'd say but both on your skill bar and use the R8 and when you're about to use arma then switch to the Gx, use arma, then switch back.

So, since 1% crit is basically a 1% damage increase overall, we can calculate these.

5410 - 8893 on the Gx = 7151.5 ave before crit rate
    7114 - 11036 on the R8= 9075 ave before crite rate

Gx = 7151.5 + 21% crit = 8653.1 ave with crit
    R8 = 9075 + 24% crit = 11253 ave with crit

Add in the 30% zerk rate on Gx now
    Gx = 11249 ave damage
    R8 = 11253 ave damage'

So basically identical until Rank 8 is at least +6, zerk has the lead until Rank 8 is +5
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited February 2011
    Options
    zerk is 20%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmm, I was using this
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10817872&postcount=23

source for 20% proc rate?
  • rottsx2
    rottsx2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm curious as to what kind of damage you do with this build. What are your numbers for crit hits and how is this build for pvp. When you spark in pvp do you do good damage? I am sage and hit pretty hard but I use R9 wep that is +11 . just curious as I am still thinking about going demon. Thanks
    edited February 2011
    Options
    rottsx2 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what kind of damage you do with this build. What are your numbers for crit hits and how is this build for pvp. When you spark in pvp do you do good damage? I am sage and hit pretty hard but I use R9 wep that is +11 . just curious as I am still thinking about going demon. Thanks
    Well you can't compare my +5 Gxs to +11 R9.... but I do some pvp soon and post a few numbers
    edited February 2011
    Options
    1000-7k depending on crits/zerk against heavy armor b:victory
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    is it suppose to be a claw build or a Axe Build?

a Vit build or a Str Build?

You look like you are using Claw with the high amount of dex .. but lack the aps to back it up.

if you aren't going for vit build, getting Rank 9 will be better? that weapon has zerk and attack level coupled in one...

Its a decent build pre-rep sale but probably not good enough after.. when all the rank 8/9 gear people come up.

But your refine are awesome... if you already have those now.. you can probably last a bit longer then most without your refine.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100