A Variety of Totaly Newbie Questions

Vallenetta - Dreamweaver
Vallenetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok I've been playing for a few days now and I've got most things worked out but I have a few questions I've yet seen answered in game or on the forums.

1.) How do you add "sockets" to your weapons? Or is that something I have to wait to be dropped by monsters to use?

2.) What do Genies exactly do? I know each have certain attacks and different skills but right now I'm using them more as decoration. What do you recomend I add to mine to make it more useful to me? (I have the green one - Longevity btw)

3.) I'm seriously baffled by the cat shop system O.O I know how to properly set one up but I cannot believe that you can't play outside if it. Do I really have to sit around for 8 hours waiting for my stuff to sell or is there something about the shops I don't know? I know about the auction house as well though nothing I posted there got sold either. Should I keep trying or is the auction house really for "bigger" more expensive stuff?

4.) This is a question I've been researching the answer to the day I found out about Zen. I am american and I want to know how much Zen you get per card! I've even gone to Gamestops site and couldn't find the cards at all. Most cash cards give you (for example) 1000 points per $10 obviously depending on the cash rate per game. I have never seen it posted how much zen you get on the cards and I havn't had the chance to go to the mall to see them myself.

Thanks to anyone who helps me with these questions! :3
Post edited by Vallenetta - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Keirya - Raging Tide
    Keirya - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1) you have to have socket stones to add sockets to your weapons/armor. max 2 sockets on weapons and 4 on armor. Don't bother socketing your gear until you get your end game gear. It gets expensive.

2)Genies really depend on your play style and class. I use a longevity and i have holy path for speed, second wind for a quick heal, bramble rage for an aoe, earthquake for a knockback, and wind shield for defense. It all depends on what you like and want.

3.)Most people set up a shop and go afk for the night or day. Very few people set up a shop and sit at it.

4)since youre american 1000 zen=$10=10 gold in the game. 2000=$20=20 gold in the game etc.

Hope i helped =)
  • Vallenetta - Dreamweaver
    Vallenetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hehe you are awesome X3 ♥ soo sounds like i have some work to do XD Thank you so much ^_^
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1.) How do you add "sockets" to your weapons? Or is that something I have to wait to be dropped by monsters to use?

as a general rule, gear has whatever sockets it gets created with when it drops or is crafted. it's possible to add more sockets to gear that doesn't already have the maximum allotment --- four for a piece of armor, two for a weapon --- but that's too expensive to be worth it for any but the very highest level stuff.
    2.) What do Genies exactly do? I know each have certain attacks and different skills but right now I'm using them more as decoration. What do you recomend I add to mine to make it more useful to me? (I have the green one - Longevity btw)

genies are configurable spell containers. there's limits to just what you can add to them, and the rules for these limits get complicated, but in general a genie can have four spells (a starter genie) to a maximum of eight (don't expect to ever see such a one), chosen from a selection of several dozen.

on a starter genie, you likely want second wind --- a heal-yourself skill --- and possibly holy path, to speed yourself up. you might consider earthquake, to knock mobs away from you. picking the genie skills that will suit you best is an art more than a science.
    3.) I'm seriously baffled by the cat shop system O.O I know how to properly set one up but I cannot believe that you can't play outside if it. Do I really have to sit around for 8 hours waiting for my stuff to sell or is there something about the shops I don't know? I know about the auction house as well though nothing I posted there got sold either. Should I keep trying or is the auction house really for "bigger" more expensive stuff?

most people who catshop a lot have separate characters and accounts, to set up on spare computers, in order to leave them up permanently. other people just leave the shops up overnight, or when they're away at work.

the auction house is partly for bigger-ticket items, and partly for highly-desired items. some crafting materials will sell well, even if not at a great per-unit price. so will some herbs. ready-made items may sell if they have particularly good statistics, but even then, you'll want to set the price right.

check to see if anyone's selling anything vaguely similar on the auction house. if they do, their asking price may be a hint for how to price your item.
    4.) This is a question I've been researching the answer to the day I found out about Zen. I am american and I want to know how much Zen you get per card! I've even gone to Gamestops site and couldn't find the cards at all. Most cash cards give you (for example) 1000 points per $10 obviously depending on the cash rate per game. I have never seen it posted how much zen you get on the cards and I havn't had the chance to go to the mall to see them myself.

i wouldn't worry too much about "zen", because that's an intermediate unit that matters mostly if you play other PWE games that have other in-game currency units. in Perfect World, the "real money" currency is gold; and it's linked one-for-one with the U.S. dollar.

when you buy a card or whatever --- i buy PWE's own card, not the generic gamestop brand --- you pay for X number of dollars. when you use that card, the money gets briefly converted into zen, but if you then go on to deposit the zen into a perfect world server, you can ignore the issue of how many zen you got; you'll get as many gold as you had dollars. easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Read stickies and check the wiki out.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.