A Question For All

Options

Comments

• Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good to see you around Keph, love your YouTube channel.

Mostly just another viewer "bumping" but I'd love to see this come into being
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Up, up, & away!

Still seeking input on theme or genre. Suggestions welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Page 3? Hm... perhaps we may be reaching the end of the "active" forum user base.
    All the same, if you haven't voted yet please do so. It's important I get as accurate and broad a response as I can for this, since it'd be a terrible shame to go through the proposed process only to find out there's no significant actual interest, and end up with the same kind of duds HOTK and ESO had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Month's about half-over, and so is the poll. b:shocked

In the meantime, vote!

*bump*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would love to see this happen, then I can't edit it at all. Would we be able to possibly team up with someone and have a splittable prize? IE one person comes up with story, gets actors, etc and the other person edits and caputues? Dunno if that would even be feasible. But to answer your poll, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No, not interested. I suck making videos. Well that is contest videosb:chuckle
    But I love your stuff KRS b:victory

You will win everything anyway.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You will win everything anyway.

Pfft, I'm not entering anything. This is for everyone else, if they're feeling inclined to participate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't care.

I never watched the other videos from the old contests. Sure as **** not interested now.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't care.

I never watched the other videos from the old contests. Sure as **** not interested now.

Fair enough, although the "****" seems a little unnecessary. b:surrender

Side-note: MASS EFFECT ROCKS <3 b:dirty
    What do you folks think of "Epic moment" as a contest theme? That is to say, a video which builds up to a crowning moment of awesome. Leaves a lot of room for flexibility - TW's or the new Guild Base conflicts, downing a world-boss (not a huge achievement anymore but it can still LOOK epic), or more of a short storyline/machinima, for those who want to get creative. Possible bonus points for taking the idea in an unusual direction.

Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I support this. the forums are running out of anything interesting as of late.
    Although it's a bummer, a lot of folks with skills and enthusiasm has long since left.

While I don't intend to participate, my "video skills" are equivalent to a potato.
    But it's always fun to see what the ppl's talent is able to muster under motivation.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Silversmoon - Yes, I can see the player exodus being something of a problem... pretty much the whole reason for the poll is just to see if there's enough interest left to even attempt something like this.

Only a couple weeks left in the poll. Cast thy votes, share opinions!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hm, my time estimate was incorrect. Nine days remaining - if you've feedback comrades, now's the time to share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Could you provide a link to some or one of your videos? I would like to see your talents. =).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Could you provide a link to some or one of your videos? I would like to see your talents. =).

Click.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Video contest?

Gimmie!
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bump for the evening. One week to go people, time's running out here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    maybe you should request and see if they will allow a sticky for this?
    this is the most bumps on a single thread i seen in the last 2 forum years lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd considered it, but nothing in this thread warrants any "official" attention or acknowledgement until/unless a vote of "yes" passes in closing, in which case I'd go about the process of getting things running. Until then, it's nothing more than vapor, a place to declare your interest (or lack of) in the notion, and to toss around possible ideas for such an event.

Speaking of, I'm still looking to hear people's thoughts on that matter - so far, no one's really given me anything usable in terms of genre or theme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bumpb:pleased

Is it just me, or do we seem to have a large percentage of players who vote yes but then precede to say they'd have no idea on how to go about making a video b:avoid

Ijs, we have a large audience with no directors b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How about "Day in a life.." as the theme? It could be dramatic, or it could be funny. Could be classed based, or play style based.

Or the theme, "Genesis" or "Perfect World," in honor of the new expansion coming out. People could interpret that anyway they wish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The amount of yes and no is near the same....so nothing will happen after the poll is close?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I blame multiple BH and changing Frost more than I do packs alone.

b:bye

+1 it was all of the above that did it.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The amount of yes and no is near the same....so nothing will happen after the poll is close?

Simple majority wins. For now, the "yes"s have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd considered it, but nothing in this thread warrants any "official" attention or acknowledgement until/unless a vote of "yes" passes in closing, in which case I'd go about the process of getting things running. Until then, it's nothing more than vapor, a place to declare your interest (or lack of) in the notion, and to toss around possible ideas for such an event.

Speaking of, I'm still looking to hear people's thoughts on that matter - so far, no one's really given me anything usable in terms of genre or theme.
    Theme: 'This Secret Place'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Theme: "Let the games begin!"

How could this theme be used?

-demonstrate different classes' skills in combat
    -stage mock battles/wars
    -stage battles over husbands/wives/pets

(eg): evil overlord has beautiful daughter; he says 'winner of series of deathmatches can marry his daughter', and so 'Let the games begin'

(eg): group of rivals decide to hold a friendly competition, that include foot races, who-can-do-most-flips-in-air-off-single-jump contest, etc, but the competition turns nasty when an unknown person offers 50million coins to the winner of the games.

(eg):.... *insert amazing storyline here for video contest*

Could work eh?

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There we go, now that's something I can work with. b:thanks
    Hm... we're heading into March - perhaps something involving luck (or lack of the same) could be intriguing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    nice idea Azzazin, those could make for some cool vids b:pleased
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

(eg): evil overlord has beautiful daughter; he says 'winner of series of deathmatches can marry his daughter', and so 'Let the games begin'

(eg): group of rivals decide to hold a friendly competition, that include foot races, who-can-do-most-flips-in-air-off-single-jump contest, etc, but the competition turns nasty when an unknown person offers 50million coins to the winner of the games.

Azzazin

I would definitely start filming again for this o.o
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would definitely start filming again for this o.o

The more the merrier! b:victory

I'm rather liking the "Games" idea, but other suggestions on theme are always welcome! Note: you don't have to share your specific interpretation of it if you think it's something particularly unique or clever, and want to keep it for y'self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "How to nom veno's tails efficiently" b:avoid
    did I just win like 424234 crazy venos after me?
    I already voted on my archer Keph, it's up to you to figure out what I voted for b:mischievous