Unbinding

Articwiz - Heavens Tear
Articwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
I hate that my TT80 Gold leggins cannot be unbound. I would like to sell them but cannot. There are other games that off this, so pwi should as well.
Post edited by Articwiz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ... It's autobind.

The only time that unbinding would make sense would be items that do not bind on equip. If you could unbind stuff that binds on equip, then that'd just be silly, since it'd be like a free, infinite binding charm.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ... It's autobind.

The only time that unbinding would make sense would be items that do not bind on equip. If you could unbind stuff that binds on equip, then that'd just be silly, since it'd be like a free, infinite binding charm.

I think you've misunderstood the suggestion. Somehow I think the OP means for PWI to provide some sort of unbinding charm or scroll that resets the BOE that is attached to the owner of the equipment, so he/she can trade the equipment for in game coins. Doesn't take away the BOE, but to the original state when the equipment was obtained.

@Articwiz: I like the idea, and I unlike it at the same time because it takes away the fun being put into collecting mats and making the equipment. Imagine hundreds of pairs of TT80/90 "use to be" bound items for sale in the AH. It will also compromise the economy a little like the rare drop mats, and it may downgrade the value of those mats needed to make. However, on the good side, I like the idea being able to resell the equipment because the owner no longer needs to use it, and putting it in such limited bank space takes up another slot or two. I rather sell it for coins to progress whatever other mats are needed to make better equipment.

I guess any idea has its pros/cons.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Just because other games allow unbinding doesn't mean PWI has to. It's their game and their rules.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    use search funtion already suggested hunreds of times
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think you've misunderstood the suggestion. Somehow I think the OP means for PWI to provide some sort of unbinding charm or scroll that resets the BOE that is attached to the owner of the equipment, so he/she can trade the equipment for in game coins. Doesn't take away the BOE, but to the original state when the equipment was obtained.

But if you can unbind it at will, then it's the same as not having a bind while still getting the effect.
    @Articwiz: I like the idea, and I unlike it at the same time because it takes away the fun being put into collecting mats and making the equipment. Imagine hundreds of pairs of TT80/90 "use to be" bound items for sale in the AH. It will also compromise the economy a little like the rare drop mats, and it may downgrade the value of those mats needed to make. However, on the good side, I like the idea being able to resell the equipment because the owner no longer needs to use it, and putting it in such limited bank space takes up another slot or two. I rather sell it for coins to progress whatever other mats are needed to make better equipment.

Well yes, if you could suddenly sell auto-bind equipment, you'd end up with a massive surge of autobinding equipment in the AH, ranging from TT80s to Nirvana.

And the whole argument of "I'd like to sell my autobind equipment but I can't" doesn't hold water since you get a warning when equipping the item.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well yes, if you could suddenly sell auto-bind equipment, you'd end up with a massive surge of autobinding equipment in the AH, ranging from TT80s to Nirvana.

so true. especially aftet the r8 sale xd
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    But if you can unbind it at will, then it's the same as not having a bind while still getting the effect.

Well, the reason why a "bind" feature would be beneficial that I can think of on top of my head atm is because of PK, dropped items, what not. Either way, the idea behind the suggestion is for players to be able to make some money out of their unwanted equipment that can help those in the level range without being stuck with it forever unless NPCed off.

It's kind of odd that binding charms are provided, but no reversal for it. I've had some friends back then when they've bounded their aerogear to themselves but as the game progress and introduce new aerogears, a change of choice is impossible to do so. Even if PWE do provide an unbinding charm for a higher fee, I'm sure there are people who would buy it. PWE doesn't lose money either way, it's a win/win situation.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • SlasherSin - Heavens Tear
    SlasherSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Maisha: Uhm...Yeah you can't:

NPC a bound item
    Trade a bound item
    Discard a bound item
    Drop said bound item on death (Mob or player)

Truthfully, I would support this idea but the limitation would be you can only unbind the part where you can't sale the bound item to a NPC to at least get the bank/account stash space back.
    That or make it so you can discard the damn thing with an unbinding charm >.>
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011

NPC a bound item
    Trade a bound item
    Discard a bound item

Truthfully, I would support this idea but the limitation would be you can only unbind the part where you can't sale the bound item to a NPC to at least get the bank/account stash space back.

there is an option to destroy the gear, i think it's some npc and takes a couple of days? not sure
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

NPC a bound item
    Trade a bound item
    Discard a bound item

b:surrender sorry, haven't played pwi for 3 months. lol I've been exploring a variety of different online gaming in the meantime. I apologize for the incorrect info. either way, I support the idea of an unbind charm (regardless how many times it had been suggested :P)