dear archers

tehiro
tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Archer
isn't it great being an archer!

now, lets take a moment to let others know what it is that we like most about being an archer

My number one thing is not having to suck down health and mana potions.
after that i really like being almost untouchable by mobs
and lastly i love how easy it is to solo grind on normal quests
Post edited by tehiro on

Comments

• Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tehiro wrote: »
    isn't it great being an archer!

now, lets take a moment to let others know what it is that we like most about being an archer

In terms of non-instance PvE, I guess being an Archer is a pretty sweet deal.

But all the other aspects of the game have made me bitter. Ah well. At least Sins use light armor. Saves me from buying another set.

^What I like most about being an Archer >>
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In terms of non-instance PvE, I guess being an Archer is a pretty sweet deal.

But all the other aspects of the game have made me bitter. Ah well. At least Sins use light armor. Saves me from buying another set.

^What I like most about being an Archer >>

Heh... I know someone who was too lazy to get another set of armor... So recycled his Sin armor to his Barb. b:laugh
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Have to agree with Teppeii. Best about archer is the fact that they use same armor as assassins.

Archers can just get Account Stash Stone, Frost a sin to 100 and be ready to go. I only had to farm my Nirvana daggers ^_^ Other classes have to re-farm all 90/99+ gear and Nirvana pants etc when they make assassins.

And lol at archers being good questing/grinding. Thats like 1% of the game at 100+ . I only kill mobs if they guard some stupid herb, haven't done a normal quest in over 2 years.

I guess a few archers grind 96 spiders for coins tho. Archers are pretty good at zerging those mobs :)
  • WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear
    WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Whats the best part of being an archer?

Walking into a BH59 with a 24% crit rate...

**At Drake**
    Me: OMG 28k crit hit!

Squad: Gra...

Me: OMFG ANOTHER 27k CRIT HIT

Sqaud: Grats aga...

Me: @$%^&%@*#) 32K CRIIIITTIICALL! $%#&@#^@#

Squad: Grats xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<-- made by me o.o
    I know its very simple and plain, but I like it XD.

I'm back! I knew I said i'd never come back but yeah im back now :p.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    IMO one of the best things about archers is their versatility. An archer can do physical damage as well as three different elemental damages (four, if you go sage), even to the point of making their standard attacks do fire+physical. Aside from that, we get a ranged stun, a ranged freeze with a good cooldown, a max HP debuff, stackable speed debuffs (one of which not even a boss can shrug off), a metal res debuff for DDing clerics... yeah, I think we're pretty versatile.

PVP? Who cares about PVP? ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • tehiro
    edited January 2011
    agreed, who cares about pvp, pve is where it's at.
    and yeah, having a versatile way of dealing damage is pretty nice ^.^
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    At a boss :

Me : Omg crit!!
    Me : Omg dead ..

Nah, not really.

Being an archer is great. The main thing that you must do if you want to play an archer is to think. The great range and damage that we have allows us to play it goofy sometimes, but when facing stronger opponents is always great to know what you're capable of.

We have a lot phys attack skills, both ranged and melee allowing us to be good in many aspects. We have a few elemental skills allowing us to break through the heavy plates in PvP and to quickly bring down some of the elemental mobs.

We have stunning and freezing skills dealing decent damage. We can run fast, we can fly fast, we can swim .. I prefer to use the bridges though b:surrender .. We have skills that are absorbing/making us immune to damage and to movement debuffs. What more can you want from an archer ?
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1. cute ears
    2. group pvp = tw and sniping abilities, just evil.. ppl pay me money not to kill them in tws b:shutup jk jk..
    3. ability to swap gear (best dd for instance runs and bosses is sin, and i can use same gear except rank chest and daggers)
    4. theyre universal = passive fire addition to physical dmg, and nice metal attacks with metal resistance reduction = can kill bms and barbs too, ofc best for squishies
    5. my crit is around 50% with demon skills, meaning every second attack is a crit
    6. have nice dodging/invincibility abilities, like wings of grace and winged shield, it does save lives, alacricity too, even blessing of condor saved live for exactly 1 time in the last 2 years..
    7. barrage.. i mean, its insane for group pvp and mobs
    8. theyre slim and hairless
    9. they are a proud race of Elves
    10. they can use wings, wings + bow = good combination
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ya clerics are the hairy ones.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The post started pro archer and ended....ah not so much. I started another thread about rank gear and so far it seems many feel archers benefit maybe more then others with rank gear? I have an archer (its inactive mostly at this point) I remember all the positives you talk about......I remember frustration at not being able to solo things.

So PvP solo award goes to sin I assume? but TW might lean more towards archers, psy, mage?

PvE archer hands down I guess? psy/mage mow things over but mana is a drag:)
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    archers are the best, for every reason mentioned above. versatile, fun to play and muck around with, bows look sweet,wings are awesome.
    pvp solo sins definatly have an edge but..solo pvp gets old fast and tw is way more fun imho anyway. go archers xD
  • lvory324
    lvory324 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Best thing about being an archer is watching a squad wipe then after everyone is dead you get to say *Head Shot* xD
  • Lenley - Dreamweaver
    Lenley - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tehiro wrote: »
    isn't it great being a veno!

now, lets take a moment to let others know what it is that we like most about being a veno

lol

5char
  • tehiro
    edited February 2011
    lol
    how about getting invited to squads though, the archer is a much more social soloing class then the veno is.