99key nirvanna quest????

Options
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
What does the 99key nirvanna quest do and what do u get????
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What does the 99key nirvanna quest do and what do u get????

It allows you to spawn an additional boss in the last room. This boss has alot of HP but drops 2 rapture crystals and as a quest reward you receive 10 uncanny crystals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City
    Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Ironhammer - Lost City
    Ironhammer - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It allows you to spawn an additional boss in the last room. This boss has alot of HP but drops 2 rapture crystals and as a quest reward you receive 10 uncanny crystals.

Like Asterelle already posted it give u 10 uncanies from npc and 2 raptures droped from boss.
    I sugest u do this quest when there is a event drop rate coz then u get 4 raptures from boss drop not only 2. Thats how most ppl do this quest during event drop for more raptures.
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna bump this just to ask, since it's YOUR quest, do people expect to still split those raptures? I understand they would help kill it, but they didn't have to wait and save up/not have the chance to use 99 of their keys....
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna bump this just to ask, since it's YOUR quest, do people expect to still split those raptures? I understand they would help kill it, but they didn't have to wait and save up/not have the chance to use 99 of their keys....

Some squads ask for a split.. some give you the last 4 raps but don't give you the normal split from the run.. and if you do it with your friends you get the normal split + the raps it drops. Just find a squad of friends you can do it with.. I can't believe some people think that it's fair to split the raps at the end (like 2 mins of DDing tops?) while the 99key quest takes over a month to save up the keys.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Some squads ask for a split.. some give you the last 4 raps but don't give you the normal split from the run.. and if you do it with your friends you get the normal split + the raps it drops. Just find a squad of friends you can do it with.. I can't believe some people think that it's fair to split the raps at the end (like 2 mins of DDing tops?) while the 99key quest takes over a month to save up the keys.

Right? I can see how some people and their greed would expect it to be split, but I guess just ask before entering eh? Thank you for a real reply and not a flaming troll.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It depends on the server and squad really. If you've been invited to a bunch of other people's 99 key runs where they choose to share the raps then it would be pretty exploitative not to share yours when it's your turn. Similarly if noone has shared raps with you before you'd be missing out if you have to share yours.

If you feel guilty one way or the other you can also choose to share one rap while keeping the other. Whichever you choose make it clear to the squad from the start to avoid misunderstanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The 99key boss does take some extra work.

The arrangement I like, and have always used is:

On a 99key run, the key holder only gets drops from the 99key boss, and everyone else does a five way split.

This gives everyone that helps something extra, for their part in the run, and the 99key holder gets all of the reward from the 99key quest -- I think this is fair and almost every squad I have explained this to has agreed with me (except one where the key holder still wanted to split their 99key drops, but I am not sure he or she was listening to me).
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The 99key boss does take some extra work.

The arrangement I like, and have always used is:

On a 99key run, the key holder only gets drops from the 99key boss, and everyone else does a five way split.

This gives everyone that helps something extra, for their part in the run, and the 99key holder gets all of the reward from the 99key quest -- I think this is fair and almost every squad I have explained this to has agreed with me (except one where the key holder still wanted to split their 99key drops, but I am not sure he or she was listening to me).

yup, i think that's the best
  • Korrok - Harshlands
    Korrok - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Question: can you account stash nirvana keys?
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Question: can you account stash nirvana keys?

no

• ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have always split my canny and raptures with squad because without the squad you can't do that boss right?so I like to make it worth while for others who are willing to do the quest with me.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have always split my canny and raptures with squad because without the squad you can't do that boss right?so I like to make it worth while for others who are willing to do the quest with me.

and the squad cant do the boss without ur 99 keys.
    considering that 1 key = ~100k (and u just have to open nirvana) spawning the boss isnt free
    edited January 2011
    Options
    and the squad cant do the boss without ur 99 keys.
    considering that 1 key = ~100k (and u just have to open nirvana) spawning the boss isnt free

Well a squad can get a good start into another run if they skip that boss, it actually has alot more HP compared to normal nirvana bosses and can't be amped.

On sanctuary the trend is to do several runs back to back with a full squad rather than to invite people for their keys and kick them out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I can see why a random squad of people you don't know would want a split. They go for a money run, that boss is in a sense time from them farming for money. People I know well enough I won't bother. However, for good friends, I wouldn't make them split the reward for the 99 keys boss. It's the easiest friggen boss in the instance, even if it has the HP of several bosses combined. It's nothing.

I run all 99 keys quests with just my wife and I, so there's no concern at all about splitting anything.

I know some won't agree, but I don't care.. this is how I would do it if I didn't have many friends and was stuck with a random squad and can duo the 99 keys boss with somebody but don't think you can the rest of the instance:

- Wait until the last run, or if it's the only run, wait inside the instance and pretend you're afk or something
    - Somehow get lead when or after squad splits, either asking for it or seeing if it goes to you when people leave
    - If you can't solo the 99 keys boss, invite a friend to come with you. Personally arrange it as a favor if you must, so that you help them with theirs, or w/e.

If anyone has a problem with this, **** 'em.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah, in my group of friends, we split EVERYTHING except the 10 quest reward cannies. I personally like it this way. XD
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's the easiest friggen boss in the instance, even if it has the HP of several bosses combined. It's nothing.

All the bosses in nirvana are very very easy. Really if your group of friends tends to share the raps then you owe it to share the raps when its your turn. If your group has the quester keep the raps then go ahead and feel free to keep when its your turn.

Both ways are the equivalent in the long run. The most greedy is to take a share of other people's 99 keys while never sharing your own. The most selfless is to never take a share of others and always share your own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    All the bosses in nirvana are very very easy. Really if your group of friends tends to share the raps then you owe it to share the raps when its your turn. If your group has the quester keep the raps then go ahead and feel free to keep when its your turn.

Both ways are the equivalent in the long run. The most greedy is to take a share of other people's 99 keys while never sharing your own. The most selfless is to never take a share of others and always share your own.
    That's true in the case of the poster above you, presuming she shares her 2 raptures, and the 5 other people she runs with share two. They wind up with the same amount in the end, provided when the split occurs the rap value is the same (likely not because prices fluctuate but the post-split difference shouldn't be a big deal).

The rest I didn't respond to cuz I wasn't sure if it was directed at me or just some general statement.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nostalgic thread General Thoughts on Nirvana 99 Keys Quest is all I have to say to this topic... So much arguing and non-sense over a measly 4M or 8M if 2x. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI