Anneliesse's HT Chit Chat (aka Anneliesse!)

Options

Comments

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ginger beer = non-alcoholic beer made of ginger?

My fave alcoholic drink would be a screwdriver

And cream soda would have to be my favorite non-alocholic drink, but the good kind is so expensive
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Not meaning to sound ignorant but wtf is ginger beer?

I characterize it as stronger Ginger Ale. Much more ginger in Ginger Beer.
  • Sweet_kill - Heavens Tear
    Sweet_kill - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I characterize it as stronger Ginger Ale. Much more ginger in Ginger Beer.

yup thats about it :P its the best holiday drink in my opinion, goes well with turkey and ham and what ever other meats ya have :) nom nom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enrage archer
    Wife of Anneliesse b:dirty
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Favorite alcoholic drink would be a Guinness. and if I'm in a social/family event, white wine, cause it's usually the only thing around other than red wine or a local beer that I don't really like, and I'm not a red wine person.

Non alcoholic? 7 Up/Sprite or Ice Tea, and if all fails, water.

And now for better news; I'm going to quit my second job in a week and a half, to make time to plan one awesome trip. b:victory
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Favorite alcoholic drink would be a Guinness. and if I'm in a social/family event, white wine, cause it's usually the only thing around other than red wine or a local beer that I don't really like, and I'm not a red wine person.

Non alcoholic? 7 Up/Sprite or Ice Tea, and if all fails, water.

And now for better news; I'm going to quit my second job in a week and a half, to make time to plan one awesome trip. b:victory

Is this the one where the dude started stripping in front of you?b:puzzled
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It sure is. b:cryb:chuckle
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    where ya going shells?
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    where ya going shells?

She be heading to Aussie-land, last I heard.

Anyway, glad to hear you're getting out of the madhouse, Shelly.b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Take me with you?

Question of the day:
    What is your favorite holiday memory? Can be from any holiday btw.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Erm... Christmas when I turned 15. My grandparents and mom all pitched in and bought my brother and I a basketball hoop. It was one of those ones with the plastic backboard, but we got it put together (with help from my grandpa) and played for 2-3 hours in the snow.b:chuckle
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Take me with you?

Question of the day:

Mine was when we had a 2 week holiday in aussie when i was like 12, we went to all the awesome theme parks and spent a few days at the beach, was wonderful!!

Only thing is that it's too damn hot there, I'm one that likes to snuggles under blankets to keep warm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enrage archer
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Fav holiday is Christmas, just barely better than Halloween for me though. As for memory, any childhood Christmas. I remember when Christmas came, we open presents. Afterwards, my friends and I would meet up at each other houses and show what we got. It was a foggy morning too, which added more awesomeness to it. We also got to see who got the latest game system, and we would play together.

Just to add other thing, the holiday I hate hate hate is New Year's Eve. As a child, I lived in a town where ppl fired their guns into the air at midnight. I still carry that traumatized perspective on New Year's Eve. b:cry

Now for New Year's Resolutions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Take me with you?

Question of the day:

As long as you pay for both of our tickets, you're well capable of it and you know it. b:kiss

Favorite vacation memories? Hmm, I think it's still in planning stages. b:laugh
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Favorite holiday memory that I can remember?

The look on my daughter's face when she got a power wheels car for Christmas a few years back.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My fav vacation memories are from my kid days. Almost every summer to the alps was a blast. I miss the alps b:sad

As for holidays, in holland we have saint nicolas on 5 december. Mostly done for kids and its basically the santa version here with gifts and stuff. When i was a kid we had gift night each year and me, sister and brother got to open them one by one. Was exciting of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My fav vacation memories are from my kid days. Almost every summer to the alps was a blast. I miss the alps b:sad

As for holidays, in holland we have saint nicolas on 5 december. Mostly done for kids and its basically the santa version here with gifts and stuff. When i was a kid we had gift night each year and me, sister and brother got to open them one by one. Was exciting of course.

We have saint Nicolas on 5th too. Kids get a decorated wooden stick if they didnt behave during the year, also they have to clean up their shoes and put them in front of the window coz thats where St. Nicolas will leave the gifts. If they were bad kids they might receive vegetables instead of candies and gifts in their little shoes (my mom did that to me and my bro once, it was damn funny for them and completly dissapointing for us, kids, later that day we got the real stuff too :D).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We have saint Nicolas on 5th too. Kids get a decorated wooden stick if they didnt behave during the year, also they have to clean up their shoes and put them in front of the window coz thats where St. Nicolas will leave the gifts. If they were bad kids they might receive vegetables instead of candies and gifts in their little shoes (my mom did that to me and my bro once, it was damn funny for them and completly dissapointing for us, kids, later that day we got the real stuff too :D).

That reminds me, setting my shoe before it hit the 5th, and put a carrot in my shoe for saint nicolas his horse. So the next morning i found candy in my shoe, and the carrot could be found back in the refrigerator b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Gotta say I love Christmas time. Going out x-mas eve with all the family to the pub and whatever. Getting up x-mas day and seeing people smile and stuff when they open presents, and the togetherness felt that day. And if it's a white x-mas, the best <33
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is gonna sound bad but I don't have a favorite holiday memory. I honestly have a hard time with memories due to too many concussions as a kid so unless I have a picture or some kind of reminder things tend to be kind of a blur.Its not always the case, there are some things I can remember clear as day. Besides, I have never been a fan of the holidays. All they end up being are people being selfish,rushing to beat the guy next to them to get that years big toy for their spoiled brats.No one having any consideration for anyone else.Families arguing over the stupidest things. My grand daddy used to say the holidays were for caring but I think that sentiment has died with todays society.Call me a scrooge but thats the way I see it.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is gonna sound bad but I don't have a favorite holiday memory. I honestly have a hard time with memories due to too many concussions as a kid so unless I have a picture or some kind of reminder things tend to be kind of a blur.Its not always the case, there are some things I can remember clear as day. Besides, I have never been a fan of the holidays. All they end up being are people being selfish,rushing to beat the guy next to them to get that years big toy for their spoiled brats.No one having any consideration for anyone else.Families arguing over the stupidest things. My grand daddy used to say the holidays were for caring but I think that sentiment has died with todays society.Call me a scrooge but thats the way I see it.

In mainstream society, I would have to agree with you. The true spirit of the holidays died with all of the sales right in the middle. It's turned into a money-making venture for stores, and that is never a good thing for the everyday person.

However, I think your attitude reflects why nothing is changing. Apathetic, I would say... talking about all that's wrong, but not doing anything to change it. I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

There are still pockets of people around the world that remember the true meaning of every holiday, and celebrate it as such. Take heart in knowing that holidays aren't all about selfishness... yet.b:surrender
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    In mainstream society, I would have to agree with you. The true spirit of the holidays died with all of the sales right in the middle. It's turned into a money-making venture for stores, and that is never a good thing for the everyday person.

However, I think your attitude reflects why nothing is changing. Apathetic, I would say... talking about all that's wrong, but not doing anything to change it. I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

There are still pockets of people around the world that remember the true meaning of every holiday, and celebrate it as such. Take heart in knowing that holidays aren't all about selfishness... yet.b:surrender

I can see what you mean but with the world getting worse it just seems useless to even try. I myself have no religious ties to the holidays,I am athiest,my ties are more so sentimental I guess.Sad thing is,many that claim that they are sicken by the way holidays have turned out,buy into them anyways.Instead of teaching our children right,many turn around and do the very thing they claim to hate.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited November 2011
    Options

this is why thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday to share with friends and family. in my family, it is simply a day together for everyone to sit around, eat, and talk, and enjoy each other's company. we spend, typically, about 2 days cooking and baking (there's typically about 30 people there). i really do love it <3

hmmm, its interesting to hear about other people's traditions. i never knew where the shoe thing came from, or why...but my mom always did that with us when we were very young. her family is from Russia so i'm wondering if they do something similar there *researches*
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can see what you mean but with the world getting worse it just seems useless to even try.

ya know...i bet a lot of people felt this same exact way...right before a certain someone tried to irradiate a certain race...

either buck up and "be the change you want to see in the world" or **** and gtf0 b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    edited November 2011
    Options
    quick, someone change the subject!

oh yeah, boring tw was boring. but i had a great thanksgiving with my family <3 nom nom nom pie <3
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    Malord - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    quick, someone change the subject!

oh yeah, boring tw was boring. but i had a great thanksgiving with my family <3 nom nom nom pie <3

What kinda pie? :O cause I has pumpkin and blackberry. b:pleased
    Fashion Mastery

"The skill for fashion tailoring. A master who is proficient in
    producing fashion can make the most eye-catching, colorful clothes around!"
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bacon and egg pie is the best non dessert pie :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enrage archer
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bacon and egg pie is the best non dessert pie :P

Is that code? If not then make me some and we'll see.
    Fashion Mastery

producing fashion can make the most eye-catching, colorful clothes around!"
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is that code? If not then make me some and we'll see.

no its real mmm nom nom b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enrage archer
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    no its real mmm nom nom b:thanks

Well then off to the kitchen *pushes* get to it. b:victory
    Fashion Mastery