Anneliesse's HT Chit Chat (aka Anneliesse!)

Comments

• Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Most men are Anne, thus the reason I am single and loving it. One kid is enough to care for at the moment.

i have my emo moments with it, but its all good. though it helps that we have a few unconventional allowances b:cute
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I play a game called mechwarrior. It was game put out by wizkidz. They don't make the game pieces anymore but we got a decent amount of players around here.Currently I am the best ranked player.We are trying to find other places that play and possibly start doing tourneys

I normally don't visit this thread, but you just earned about +1000 awesomeness points from me.
    b:victory
    (Sadly, I've never done the tabletop thing, although I do have a small collection of minis. My interest ran more towards the PC games and novels, until the BattleTech fiction did their whole Dark Ages franchise and I stopped following it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The table top version is pretty awesome. We just had a two day set up with the final battle being a 4-way match,which I won. I honestly didn't think it would happen,2 players out numbered me and the other had what is called in aurora class drop ship,which basically is the most pwn thing you can get in the game.I was smart tho,took down the ships guns with my artillery and kept my main units around them to keep them safe and take care of the other 2 with out getting too close to the main cannons of the ship. If you ever come around the Hampton Roads area in Va let me know, we can get a special game set up just for you.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *Imagines ducky in a L.A.R.P convention*

ROFLMAO

Oh the cramps...
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
    edited May 2011
    *Imagines ducky in a L.A.R.P convention*

ROFLMAO

Oh the cramps...

hey larp can be fun. i dont participate (much too shy for that sort of thing) but i used to love to go watch a group do larp Vampire in ft worth
    edited May 2011
    lol this isn't a larp.its more like a rts video game but instead u physically move ur units.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited May 2011
    lol this isn't a larp.its more like a rts video game but instead u physically move ur units.

toe-maey-toe, toh-mah-toh

sounds like fun though.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The table top version is pretty awesome. We just had a two day set up with the final battle being a 4-way match,which I won. I honestly didn't think it would happen,2 players out numbered me and the other had what is called in aurora class drop ship,which basically is the most pwn thing you can get in the game.I was smart tho,took down the ships guns with my artillery and kept my main units around them to keep them safe and take care of the other 2 with out getting too close to the main cannons of the ship. If you ever come around the Hampton Roads area in Va let me know, we can get a special game set up just for you.

I know the Aurora, though personally I was fond of the Clan-equipped Overlord-C's. Couldn't stand Unions though, just can't take a metal beach-ball seriously, no matter how badass its armorments or the 'Mech company it's dropping.

And sadly no, I doubt I'll be anywhere around VA anytime soon. b:chuckle Kind of a long drive from northeast PA, but I appreciate the offer regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
    edited May 2011
    I never said it was L.A.R.P ducky, was just commenting on what your post made me think of. Honestly, to be more specific, it made me think of that dorky kid in the movie "Role Models", as a means of comparison for the nerdiness that permeated in your post there. But in all honesty, table style games I could never get into; but L.A.R. P looks like it could be a fun activity providing it's a good setting and decent people.
  • _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear
    _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I swear I am so deprived. I have never heard of any of these things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alt character.
    Originally posted by Hojuken
    b. dislike /= hate. but glad to see you step into the fuss to make random comments about people you don't know/never met. i do believe you're from enrage? figures.
    I'm Enrage now? Since when?
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    edited May 2011
    I agree that larps sound like fun,i however dont know of any around this area.You're talking old school battle tech now. mechwarrior is a more dumb downed version.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I swear I am so deprived. I have never heard of any of these things.
    It's ok. It just means that you're not a table top gaming nerd. b:chuckle *runs for dear life* b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    I never said it was L.A.R.P ducky, was just commenting on what your post made me think of. Honestly, to be more specific, it made me think of that dorky kid in the movie "Role Models", as a means of comparison for the nerdiness that permeated in your post there. But in all honesty, table style games I could never get into; but L.A.R. P looks like it could be a fun activity providing it's a good setting and decent people.

both are actually alot of fun. i thought i would hate table top gaming and resisted for so long, but it was so much fun when i finally got over being shy and embraced by character <3 i have fond memories of my old group til we all got older and most moved away, had kids, or both. as for larp... wow what an interesting set of people that can attract depending on the game and size.
    edited May 2011
    Like I've said, I have tried tabletop gaming, but found it incredibly boring. My entertainment needs to be more stimulating; hell, I don't even play board games anymore.

@ducky, I know what you mean about not having any acceptable options for L.A.R.P; there's a few located in Augusta, but none of which grab my attention enough to put forth the efforts of getting there.
    edited May 2011
    mini i may be a nerd but you guys still love me
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There shouldn't be even a thread about anne, or any other specific player. This is rediculous and makes me lol.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There shouldn't be even a thread about anne, or any other specific player. This is rediculous and makes me lol.

then dont bother posting in it and ignore it.

I miss Larp and table top gaming, did the whoel V:tm and AD&D/ D&D thing when i was younger. my group sorta fell apart when my parents split since my mom was the GM. tried getting in with other groups but its not the same as your original group b:sad
    I wrote whole short stories of history for my characters, made rule books for new races that were compairable to the official rule books... good times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    then dont bother posting in it and ignore it.

I miss Larp and table top gaming, did the whoel V:tm and AD&D/ D&D thing when i was younger. my group sorta fell apart when my parents split since my mom was the GM. tried getting in with other groups but its not the same as your original group b:sad
    I wrote whole short stories of history for my characters, made rule books for new races that were compairable to the official rule books... good times

that was the best! writing out histories for my characters... there are ones that i played 10+ years ago that my friends still talk about fondly as if they were real people...and a few characters that became very real to me <3

my rl hubby actually created his own world, races, rulebooks for it, etc. bit too intense for me, but it was loads of fun. i miss it.

edit: also, dont mind ele. he's just angry cause i dont respond to his troll attempts in WC these days. figured he'd try the forums now. oh look, we fed the troll. shame on us both.
    edited May 2011
    I never really got into d&d. tried ti once a while back,was smoking weed and drinking and ended up making a ice giant that had a drinking problem and the intelligence of a rock. that was fun
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited May 2011
    I never really got into d&d. tried ti once a while back,was smoking weed and drinking and ended up making a ice giant that had a drinking problem and the intelligence of a rock. that was fun

the thing ive found with D&D is that the enjoyment of the game really does revolve around the people you are playing with. the more "creative" a person can be, the more interesting the scenarios can get. i've had some really boring groups (one i even just walked out on and said i'd have more fun watching paint dry) and others we had sessions that lasted well into the late night/early morning where we only stopped because we couldnt stay awake anymore.

and dumb as rock characters can be fun. i'm reminded of a friend's character who was once simply referred to as "door" (he couldnt remember he own name...). door earned his name because, in combat situations, he would reach for the first available "weapon" and it often was a door recently ripped from its hinges. b:chuckle
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    that was the best! writing out histories for my characters... there are ones that i played 10+ years ago that my friends still talk about fondly as if they were real people...and a few characters that became very real to me <3

my RL last name (had legal name change) actually come from one of my characters, who got it from one of my best friends characters when they married. my cleric's name is a variation of her first name. she was quite posiably one of the most awesome characters ever lol CN crystal dragon/cold fire vampire. by the time i had retired her she had hit demi god status and she meddled in everyone's affairs, little busy body lol
    me and that same friend were so close though we could pretty much read the thoughts of the other and knew what we were gonna say/do so we never had to pass notes at the table when our telepathic characters comunicated.
    I was talking with her last night and she is DM'ing a game for a group of her husbands friends and her son who is 9 i think now.. he found one of her character sheets from back then and is dead set she bring him into the game lol

fun times b:sad

Edit: the group totally makes the game, boring groups .. are just that. i remember one time few of us playing and we were laughing and carrying on so much my father thought my mom had let us drink lol but it was just our characters drinking and they got a little out of hand, and mine blew up the inn.. oops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've tried D&D because I had a friend who was into it, so I figured..."Why not, I'll give it a go."

To my surprise, it was quite entertaining. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited May 2011
    Destroying stuff was fun. The time i played we went to a town and my character destroyed it after having too much to drink and getting into it with some npc for hitting on his wife.We ended up not going back there the rest of the game.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited May 2011
    mini i may be a nerd but you guys still love me
    Mhmmmmm! b:cute

And Ele, BE NICE! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    my RL last name (had legal name change) actually come from one of my characters, who got it from one of my best friends characters when they married. my cleric's name is a variation of her first name. she was quite posiably one of the most awesome characters ever lol CN crystal dragon/cold fire vampire. by the time i had retired her she had hit demi god status and she meddled in everyone's affairs, little busy body lol
    me and that same friend were so close though we could pretty much read the thoughts of the other and knew what we were gonna say/do so we never had to pass notes at the table when our telepathic characters comunicated.
    I was talking with her last night and she is DM'ing a game for a group of her husbands friends and her son who is 9 i think now.. he found one of her character sheets from back then and is dead set she bring him into the game lol

fun times b:sad

Edit: the group totally makes the game, boring groups .. are just that. i remember one time few of us playing and we were laughing and carrying on so much my father thought my mom had let us drink lol but it was just our characters drinking and they got a little out of hand, and mine blew up the inn.. oops

haha sounds like it was a great time :) i miss good groups =\ someone come play with me (not like that, you perverts!)
    edited May 2011
    *puts the whipped cream and straw berries back* aww anne ur no fun
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited May 2011
    Mmmmmm! I LOVE whipped cream and strawberries!!!! b:dirty Anne, come play with Ducky and I so I can have some. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    No, Mini you have ducky...leave Anne for me QQ
    edited May 2011
    no lor they are all mine
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.