Anneliesse's HT Chit Chat (aka Anneliesse!)

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, mine was. Had the day off, and spent half of it sleeping.b:chuckle

Today is going to be interesting, though... just spent 2 hours working on the Barbarian skill page on the wiki, and only got 2 of the skills completely finished...

Gonna be a long work in progress, but hopefully it'll be nice when I finish.b:victory

If you need a crazy person I volunteer!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Upvote for resticky!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    If you need a crazy person I volunteer!

I am obviously more crazy than you D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    I am obviously more crazy than you D:

Blatant lies! I'd post the proof vid but this forum is SFW and I don't wanna share our private time material anyways! b:cute
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Blatant lies! I'd post the proof vid but this forum is SFW and I don't wanna share our private time material anyways! b:cute

Rawr b:laughb:chuckleb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Rawr b:laughb:chuckleb:dirty

Mreow! b:dirty
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anyone bother to explain the new pvp thing they've put into the game. i'm too lazy to update for the expansion just to check it out. (actually, have been busy with people weekend testing somewhere else with me) thanks :)
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anyone bother to explain the new pvp thing they've put into the game. i'm too lazy to update for the expansion just to check it out. (actually, have been busy with people weekend testing somewhere else with me) thanks :)

ok so heres how it works:

- Get a camera

- Take nudes

- Send Steo the above mentioned nudes

- win @ pvp.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012

Basically you get randomed into 1 of 4 teams. Your squad will go together, but your other teammates are random. Then you go into a map that''s like a mini-TW map in that there are territories to attack and defend on behalf of your 'nation.' Just like TW, each land is a generic 'instance' that holds 20 people per nation (20v20 at max, since battles are only between 2 nations; the attacker and the defender). After a victor is decided that land cannot be attacked for 3 minutes.

The strategy part of this is to decide where to defend/attack, when to start a new battle, when to reinforce existing battles, etc. The map will tell you how many attackers and defenders are active in each land. Additionally there is a travel time and travel route to the lands, so you can't just go into any instance directly. I think it takes about 2 minutes to travel half the map, but I'm not sure cuz I wasn't paying attention and I tend to just go to lands near me xD.

In the instance itself, the goal is to retrieve flags and bring it to a base. The flag bearer cannot use genie skills and cannot fly, but everyone else can. As I said, it will always be between 2 nations; the attacker and the defender. You can win by getting enough points, or making the timer run out while you have more points. Once you win the instance everyone is booted and that land cannot be attacked for 3 minutes. It will be considered the winner's land tho, so they can travel over it to reach other lands. If you die 5 times in an instance you are booted out of it to make space for others (but after you get booted you can go to another instance).

The total points are calculated in a way similar to king of the hill; each land seems to give you a certain number of points at intervals. At the end of 2 hours the total points are calculated.

It's better in TW in that:
    -There is less lag, as there can only be 40 ppl per instance.
    -It will always be 2 hours so there's no 1 hr prep for 5 minute rolls like we had in Enrage
    -There is, in my opinion, more strategy involved

It is not as good as TW in that:
    -You can't pick your teammates. I really, really wanted to kill some of my fellow nation ppl....
    -It will always be 2 hours. Yes I know I said that as an advantage too, but as I said it does require more thinking and concentration (IMHO), so those 2 hours can be quite draining.
    -It's really difficult to coordinate any farther than just your squad...

That's all I care to say for now. I think it's quite fun and a good stand-in for TW in an age where only Rad can field a full 80 (lol). It doesn't quite replace the good ol' 80v80s, but tbh I doubt my computer can handle 80v80 now like it once could anyway...

If you have more specific questions go ahead and ask, but I think it's quite straightforward in practice while being hard to explain in words. I think, Anne, that if you have time you should update and try it just once to see how it is; it's quite fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    so, guild affiliation means nothing then? that might be interesting, though I'll probably be in the same mindset of wanting to kill people on "my side" of the battle, i'm sure. I guess I was a bit spoiled with Enrage, and am now easily annoyed in fight/pvp situations where people don't properly communicate. I'll probably update after the holidays, just to give it a try. I just haven't bothered since most of the comments I've heard about the new update were negative (though isn't that always the case?)

Thanks for all the info :)
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    As far as I know guild affiliations mean nothing. I've yet to have to fire upon other RoCs though so I'm not sure if PK protections apply, but I'm sure our GD lurkers can tell you that.

There's a lot of negative comments about nation wars because it crashed the nirvana market and made base trials obsolete, due to the ease of access to nirvana mats and r8 recast mats from the nation war rewards. The NW itself I think is quite enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Basically you get randomed into 1 of 4 teams. Your squad will go together, but your other teammates are random. Then you go into a map that''s like a mini-TW map in that there are territories to attack and defend on behalf of your 'nation.' Just like TW, each land is a generic 'instance' that holds 20 people per nation (20v20 at max, since battles are only between 2 nations; the attacker and the defender). After a victor is decided that land cannot be attacked for 3 minutes.

The strategy part of this is to decide where to defend/attack, when to start a new battle, when to reinforce existing battles, etc. The map will tell you how many attackers and defenders are active in each land. Additionally there is a travel time and travel route to the lands, so you can't just go into any instance directly. I think it takes about 2 minutes to travel half the map, but I'm not sure cuz I wasn't paying attention and I tend to just go to lands near me xD.

In the instance itself, the goal is to retrieve flags and bring it to a base. The flag bearer cannot use genie skills and cannot fly, but everyone else can. As I said, it will always be between 2 nations; the attacker and the defender. You can win by getting enough points, or making the timer run out while you have more points. Once you win the instance everyone is booted and that land cannot be attacked for 3 minutes. It will be considered the winner's land tho, so they can travel over it to reach other lands. If you die 5 times in an instance you are booted out of it to make space for others (but after you get booted you can go to another instance).

The total points are calculated in a way similar to king of the hill; each land seems to give you a certain number of points at intervals. At the end of 2 hours the total points are calculated.

It's better in TW in that:
    -There is less lag, as there can only be 40 ppl per instance.
    -It will always be 2 hours so there's no 1 hr prep for 5 minute rolls like we had in Enrage
    -There is, in my opinion, more strategy involved

It is not as good as TW in that:
    -You can't pick your teammates. I really, really wanted to kill some of my fellow nation ppl....
    -It will always be 2 hours. Yes I know I said that as an advantage too, but as I said it does require more thinking and concentration (IMHO), so those 2 hours can be quite draining.
    -It's really difficult to coordinate any farther than just your squad...

That's all I care to say for now. I think it's quite fun and a good stand-in for TW in an age where only Rad can field a full 80 (lol). It doesn't quite replace the good ol' 80v80s, but tbh I doubt my computer can handle 80v80 now like it once could anyway...

If you have more specific questions go ahead and ask, but I think it's quite straightforward in practice while being hard to explain in words. I think, Anne, that if you have time you should update and try it just once to see how it is; it's quite fun.

oh it explains a lot b:chuckle well at least the situation when i was booted twice lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Poor Sheswes, prob getting spawn killed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Poor Sheswes, prob getting spawn killed

well not rly - was more like 4/5 vs 20 battles and ... you know... im not RAMBO b:surrender i cant say they were spawnkilling us tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    well not rly - was more like 4/5 vs 20 battles and ... you know... im not RAMBO b:surrender i cant say they were spawnkilling us tho

Ah, then I probably didn't meet you. I was spawn killing most of the AA and LA people I saw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ah, then I probably didn't meet you. I was spawn killing most of the AA and LA people I saw

Ah, honesty, so refreshing.

But spawn killing is rather difficult, since there are like 3-4 spawn points, and if somebody gets killed twice in the same spot it'll spawn them somewhere else (happened to me b:cry b:chuckle)

I still love NWb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Ah, honesty, so refreshing.

But spawn killing is rather difficult, since there are like 3-4 spawn points, and if somebody gets killed twice in the same spot it'll spawn them somewhere else (happened to me b:cry b:chuckle)

I still love NWb:cute

Most of us, unlike Radiance, are quite honest about our mischief. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012

You didn't spawn kill me.

I feel neglected now. b:cry
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    You didn't spawn kill me.

I feel neglected now. b:cry

Well you see I have this problem of not know who you are in-game! So it was difficult to spawn kill you....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Well you see I have this problem of not know who you are in-game! So it was difficult to spawn kill you....

This week I shall seek you out in an attempt to get spaw.... stormraged by you!

Well.. unless we're in the same nation in which case I guess I won't! b:surrender
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    This week I shall seek you out in an attempt to get spaw.... stormraged by you!

Well.. unless we're in the same nation in which case I guess I won't! b:surrender

My stormrage is still level 1 :(

It was really obvious where I was. If anyone looked on the map and saw a long red e-peenor from the Flame nation, that was us. If GD wanted their 10v10 or 10v20, that was your chance. Although we lost some noobs along the way so we were actually 8 instead of 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *watches roc make a clear path up the map for flame nation*

*watches the other 55 people in flame nation lose the rest of our lands*

b:sad
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    My stormrage is still level 1 :(
    It's okay. We can still stormrage each other. b:dirty
    *watches roc make a clear path up the map for flame nation*

*watches the other 55 people in flame nation lose the rest of our lands*

b:sad
    And that is called being awesome. b:thanks
    edited November 2012
    As far as I know guild affiliations mean nothing. I've yet to have to fire upon other RoCs though so I'm not sure if PK protections apply, but I'm sure our GD lurkers can tell you that.

There's a lot of negative comments about nation wars because it crashed the nirvana market and made base trials obsolete, due to the ease of access to nirvana mats and r8 recast mats from the nation war rewards. The NW itself I think is quite enjoyable.

i believe the comment that was said to me was "it's like playing a pserver now" i assume the person was maybe just butthurt about the market fall. hmmm is this another instance of too little too late in an attempt to bring down/fix the market? either way, sounds like it could be fun, and maybe even make it possible to properly gear up my little archer. Never was able to afford to get her past r8 (probably cause i'm too lazy to farm all day every day)
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love the idea of nation wars, however it needs to be tweaked and the map needs to be made smaller. It's a PvP event and PW needs to make a way to ensure you're pretty much always encountering PvP during this. Too often our RoC squad went uncontested while we gained lands for our nation. If the map was to be cut down in half maybe, that could be nice, but who knows.
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    I love the idea of nation wars, however it needs to be tweaked and the map needs to be made smaller. It's a PvP event and PW needs to make a way to ensure you're pretty much always encountering PvP during this. Too often our RoC squad went uncontested while we gained lands for our nation. If the map was to be cut down in half maybe, that could be nice, but who knows.

It was probably because it was too obvious it was us. Didn't you notice that in the beginning we met some resistance and well geared people such as GDs, but later on we met mostly randoms until we went back to our own base? I mean clearly it was us, so it was really easy to avoid or engage us, if your nation was nearby. Clearly we were being avoided.

@ Anne: The NW rewards did make trials and nirvana runs pointless. R8 recast and s3 Nirvana are within easy reach of people participating in NWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012

it wouldnt be a good idea - as you have noticed you cant move wherever u want to - you can attack just the lands next to yours. There was over 1k ppl last night and i still had a problem to move to any land from my base when we were ganked by 3 other nations coz all inst were full. I almost sure more and more ppl will participate in this event so no... map is very ok just needs some labels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    anyone know how the tw map is looking lately? just random curiosity.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anyone know how the tw map is looking lately? just random curiosity.

http://i45.tinypic.com/33xzuwp.png

GD #1 and untouched.

Rad are #2 having overtaken a failing karma.

Karma are #3, but its questionable as to if RoC / SD could beat them right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    RoC biggest arrow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]