my pwi wont even start

Options
Gtyfu - Lost City
Gtyfu - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Support Desk
hi im wondering if any1 else has this problem if u had this problem poleas tell me what u did cuz i click start and it says something in a foreign language

i have tried

1. restarting my computer
2. restarting the client
3 re-installing the game

thank for ur cooperation
[SIGPIC]http://i.picasion.com/pic45/a3b6f9398b5063a3f03229c7633ac4fc.gif[/SIGPIC]

sig made by Silvychar and Bellefleurs Thank u both

(i just made it into a gif) lol
Post edited by Gtyfu - Lost City on

Comments

• ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Have you tried the Verify option in the front end (beginning game launcher - smaller menu) of the game?

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.

2) Start the game, click on the Verify button on the game launcher menu, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match.

3) This will take some time. Please be patient.

4) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If this does not help, you may need to uninstall, and then re-install and freshly patch the game.

At your own risk, you can also try disabling/turning off your antivirus/firewall software before starting the game launcher and before running Verify. Once Verify has finished, and you can login and play the game, then turn your AV software back on.

Let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue, so I may assist you further.

Thanks.
  • Gtyfu - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not working and i have verified it and re-installed it

any other suggestions?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.picasion.com/pic45/a3b6f9398b5063a3f03229c7633ac4fc.gif[/SIGPIC]

• ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Here are some things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
  • Gtyfu - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    thanks Ozimov but the problem was that my vieo card wasnt in properly lol sorry for wastin ur time