@___@ omg I hate grumpy hardware

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
Sooo... We're doing a remodel. We tore up the flooring in the room where my computer normally lives. I moved my computer into my bedroom (HOLY CRAMPED HELL BATMAN) for a while... Which was kinda neat for like... an hour. I had to hunch forward slightly to use my computer, which has led to a painful back anger issue. b:angry Hot shower + short walks help.

Anyway, I moved my computer, and... Well, a HDD came partly unplugged. My harddrives are external in a homebuilt enclosure, and I use eSATA cables to plug them into my main computer. One cable came partly unplugged, and corrupted some key bits of windows, like my login's profile. I still haven't fixed my email yet. -_____-

So, today I moved my computer back in preparation to rip out the carpet in my room. I got everything set up, and working... Very careful of my eSATA cables, and... My 17" LCD monitor died. I went to unplug it as a precaution, and lo! The power brick was nuclear hot, just short of melting itself.

So, I consulted with a friend, and she advised me to cut the wires off it, and wire it into the power supply in my computer. So I took an old dead fan, cut it off it's molex adapter, found Positive/Negative on the wires that came off the connector for my monitor (using the diagram on the power brick), poked some stuff together, and voila! It works!

So, I'm sitting here with a spare, expendable computer running next to me on the floor, and my 17" monitor is being powered off it's power supply. b:chuckle

OMG, I just noticed that the burn in and 'hot pixels' on the top of the 17" monitor are gone! Wow! @_____@
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments