Genesis Contest Entry

RuneSeeker - Harshlands
RuneSeeker - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
Hey everyone. This is going to be my entry for the contest, hope you enjoy it and any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks! b:pleased

Re-Score The Genesis Expansion Trailer - by RuneSeeker
Original Join Date: Nov 2008, from LC. Fun times back then with RageQuit, AxeGanG and GuardianZ.
-Improvise, Adapt and Overcome-
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38260072001&dateline=1292187452[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RuneSeeker - Harshlands on

Comments

• Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nitpick: Volume levelling for the battle scene. Goes from subtle and quiet to OMG ORCHESTRA!
    /nitpick.

Epic, marvelously composed and timed. Easily my favorite so far (and that's saying a lot).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • RuneSeeker - Harshlands
    RuneSeeker - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nitpick: Volume levelling for the battle scene. Goes from subtle and quiet to OMG ORCHESTRA!
    /nitpick.

Epic, marvelously composed and timed. Easily my favorite so far (and that's saying a lot).

Thanks!
    Syncing and transitioning were definitely the most challenging aspects of this contest, so I tried to the best of my abilities to put emphasis on the "eruption" of the stone giant.
    Glad you enjoyed it! b:thanks
    Original Join Date: Nov 2008, from LC. Fun times back then with RageQuit, AxeGanG and GuardianZ.
    -Improvise, Adapt and Overcome-
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38260072001&dateline=1292187452[/SIGPIC]
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Best. One. Yet. Beautiful mysterious beginning and flawless timing with the rest.

This one has my vote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I'm bumping this because it has 47 views, 0 comments, and deserves to be seen.

Seriously. If this entry does not receive at least an honorable mention from the judging, there is no justice in the world.

And all the judges are deaf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm bumping this because it has 47 views, 0 comments, and deserves to be seen.

Seriously. If this entry does not receive at least an honorable mention from the judging, there is no justice in the world.

And all the judges are deaf.

Yes well I'm sure you remember the fash contest....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011

So we know they're blind. b:surrender I can still hope they're not completely devoid of sensory input.
    Anyway, they did pick one of yours as a finalist, didn't they? I seem to recall a phrase from the contest thread: "Us guys are stuck with suck."
    b:chuckleb:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Yeah... there were several professional looking entries that I loved that didn't make it (too lazy to look them up). Not sure how many of these entries they'll even listen to (don't blame them they must get a lot of these).

Nice job, RuneSeeker. There are couple things here and there that I think could improve (transition for one was a little rough, syncing was done better but I think could have been done a little differently in couple areas, but its just me preference), but I had a long day so maybe that's why it's not really capturing my whole interest. The way you stopped the music at the striking moment was a very nice idea.
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well after seeing that, I know I just lost any chance of winning (not that I was expecting to win)

Awesome entry and by far the best one that I have seen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That was just brilliant, not seen a single one that surpasses this one yet, all of the timing for the cut-scenes was perfect, me thinks this actually has high chances of winning unless theres some random ones we havnt seen that people are hiding, eitherway, i give that a 10/10+ lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Inya - Dreamweaver
    Inya - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Looks really nice to me, especially the timing.

You actually used the same ending soundtrack as me. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4r8YFZWAo
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So we know they're blind. b:surrender I can still hope they're not completely devoid of sensory input.
    Anyway, they did pick one of yours as a finalist, didn't they? I seem to recall a phrase from the contest thread: "Us guys are stuck with suck."
    b:chuckleb:cold

xD they did pick one of mine, and the one they picked I wasn't so happy with but I had entered it anyways lol there were a lot of people that made comments about my other entries being better but eh... oh well, what's done is done.

We can just hope and pray they have some sense for this contest....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....