Dorsets Genesis Rescore attempt

Options
Dorset - Heavens Tear
Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
Ok guys this is my attempt at the rescore.
i would appreciate some Feedback.
Im completly new at the whole rescoring thing ive never worked with audio before
Editing and manipulating the Audio was bloody difficult and time consuming but very very fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8fBuTB3rTo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
Post edited by Dorset - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Was certainly interesting though I feel the music didn't fit in the least. And I forget the song name but It's only be played on the radio here ten billion times over.

I do give you major kudos for NOT using the singing parts of the song unlike many people here have failed to do. I mean, the point to not using words in music on a trailer like this is simply that the song 9 times out of 10, will have NOTHING to do with what's going on in the video and detracts from the image. For seeing this point and not making the same mistake as most other people using rock music, I commend you. Very nice try for your first shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks Kyna xd

Imma try a couple more times cause i found it very fun but i just wanted to do something a bit differant from opera and stuff u knw and im a metal head at heart. Not the Obvious choice for this i knw but i thought it fitted nicely when i actually came to completing it.
    The Original song is "Snuff" by Slipknot and i love it how it builds throughout the song although its had a LOT of editing and shuffling around by me between the original instrumental peice and this

I too agree that it doesnt seem right to use the lyrics with songs i hate when people just Plonk their favourate rock song (that has NOTHING TO DO WITH ETH SUBJECT OF THE TRAILER) straight on top of the trailer and dont even try and make it fit i think its a lil lazy and unimaginative. It also detracts from the actual video which i didnt want to do its a decent vid.

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah I also had trouble with the song not feeling like it should be with such a high fantasy video. But it definitely went with the flow of the action, especially at the beginning. I'd consider trying to find a more intense score or something that has more of a...er...traditional focus? Hmm maybe just more orchestra. Something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • BeenNasty - Heavens Tear
    BeenNasty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It is a pretty good atempt for your first try and i love the choice of song especially but you already know me well enough to know xD b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Of itself, it's a nice piece of music. Poor choice for the setting though - the guitar evokes a "dusty, western" feel, and while the melancholy mood fits with the dark environment, that's really where the link ends.
    The bit around 0:56 when the monster takes its first step and the music picks up - good timing. Everything else just feels off, there's no connection between audio and visual. Kudos for making a decent attempt though.

My advice (and the same advice I'd give to anyone wasting their time on this garbage idea of a "contest") is to put your creative focus to better use. "Re-Scoring" contest is a lame publicity stunt intended to flood YouTube with PWI Genesis ads - why else do you think you're not allowed to edit the visual component at all? This "contest" is ****, and undeserving of the term.
    Instead, get some practice in with actual filming (FRAPS is easy to use, and there's other alternatives if you don't care for that one). Get familiar with your tools, abilities, and techniques. Then, when Genesis arrives in February, make your own "trailer" and put this sad excuse for CGI to shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Of itself, it's a nice piece of music. Poor choice for the setting though - the guitar evokes a "dusty, western" feel, and while the melancholy mood fits with the dark environment, that's really where the link ends.
    The bit around 0:56 when the monster takes its first step and the music picks up - good timing. Everything else just feels off, there's no connection between audio and visual. Kudos for making a decent attempt though.

My advice (and the same advice I'd give to anyone wasting their time on this garbage idea of a "contest") is to put your creative focus to better use. "Re-Scoring" contest is a lame publicity stunt intended to flood YouTube with PWI Genesis ads - why else do you think you're not allowed to edit the visual component at all? This "contest" is ****, and undeserving of the term.
    Instead, get some practice in with actual filming (FRAPS is easy to use, and there's other alternatives if you don't care for that one). Get familiar with your tools, abilities, and techniques. Then, when Genesis arrives in February, make your own "trailer" and put this sad excuse for CGI to shame.

thanks for the decent feedback
    tbh what i REALLy want to do is get a handle at filming and scoring my OWN peices but my university residences have blocked the game so im stuck on forums till i go home. cant wait to get some Filming time in for myself though thats for sure

yup guys imma back!