Arena

Options
NiaJade - Harshlands
NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Okay, honestly... when will the Arena open?

This is the best place to go, pvp w/o going red name or dropping and a damn good place for legions to practice their skills and do it w/o resorting to the lame dueling.

We need it open so we can hold pvp event, help mentor small ones on the art of pvp and etc.

I mean the arena that is in ever major city, such as the one in Arch., when you are going from West to South.

I know it probably has been answered, but I did not want to neco an old thread and wanted to know if this is up and coming or.....

There are many here that have used these arenas on other versions, and we had some really wow events there. We used to hit it up before TW to get hyped up for the war, and we headed there after - to help vent or work off steam.

For legions that cannot RPK it also helped us legally kill .... or try to kill.. and again, really is a good way to learn to pvp in an atmosphere as close to out-side-of-safe-zone as possible.

Flight is possible, there are pegs for getting chi in a safe zone area and it really does help ....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by NiaJade - Harshlands on

Comments

• Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Would frikin love it...
    Theres that deathmatch arena but you have to pay 100k everytime you die or something...and its 6v6 or so >.<
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Would frikin love it...
    Theres that deathmatch arena but you have to pay 100k everytime you die or something...and its 6v6 or so >.<

My fondest memories of the arena was when a famous pvper took me and a cleric to the Areana - both of us fairly pvp passive and made us kick each others butt. Would have us take turns taking the defensive or offensive mode and then give us pointers....

Other time was when the second highest legion was there and our legion (first) and we were basically having an arena war. They were grouped close to the Leader and I would stand in sz and send my kitten in (who was too small for them to see since they were tightly grouped) and you could see the kitten striking him... but they could not figure out how he was getting hit. I did it a few times but my snickering gave it away.

Yeah... good times there... Loved the events too.. Had best BM competition, best team competitions (wearing npc armor) and well.. tons.. Events were created by players btw.. as were the prizes. We only had one game event there on Saturday (I think it was) where chests spawned and there was chance at rare pet scrolls and other things.

It just added alot to the game and kept us from being bored. Really helped learn pvp better too.. w/o chances of dropping or going red.

I sincerely think it would enhance our game play on PWI, and give us an option for when we are bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Just use the corner of the cube like the rest of us b:avoid

---

Damn smilie gets me everytime.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They've said that the arena is broken... Except the fact that it's a lie. The 4 arena maps are kept off for some reason. As far as I know the other versions (including private) have them open. (China keeps adding screenshots from it often on the news page)

And... legions? Is that what the pvp servers call factions nowadays?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would love to see the arena opened up :) My gear isn't rank, nirvana or anything like that. I don't even know if I'll ever get that. So if I go pvp-mode it just results in being one-shot(and safety lock is annoying =.="

I love to duel with my friends, but ofc duels are way different from pvp (thinking of bramble and such)

Was talking about it with a friend lately that it would be awesome to have the option of "team-duels" this would also help smaller factions practice a bit in group pvp. Didn't even know that that was possible in former arena... Now I really wanna see it opened up ._____."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yeah go open it.. nao x.x
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've actually been toying with the deathmatch arena a little and its not that bad for sparring matches with friends. The amount of stakes handed out to the winning team is equal to the total number of stake stones used by both teams. This means you can do it for free without anyone losing anything if the winning teams hands the stones back. Just make sure the winning team redeems the quest to return the stones or they will all be lost.

Coin is lost when you sell the stones back to NPCs since they cost 5k higher than the NPC price, but you can always just hold on to them till next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Arena is open to my knowledge......

It's a thursday event that you have to talk to the dude next to the west arch tele girl from 20:00 to 20:05 to enter, and then you need 100k for the final entrance.

The other place is Deathmatch areana.....but to put it bluntly....that place makes you lose coin.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Arena is open to my knowledge......

It's a thursday event that you have to talk to the dude next to the west arch tele girl from 20:00 to 20:05 to enter, and then you need 100k for the final entrance.

That's the Wushu Tournament. The arena is accessed through the elf girl standing by the platforms with the pillar of light.

But anyway, it's not implemented here because you're all cheapskates and probably wouldn't PVP in open map anymore if it were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That's the Wushu Tournament. The arena is accessed through the elf girl standing by the platforms with the pillar of light.

But anyway, it's not implemented here because you're all cheapskates and probably wouldn't PVP in open map anymore if it were.

Yeah we would. Most of the PvP is driven by revenge or need, the sort of PvP thatd dissapear is the west gate crew, and tbh noone would care about that.

People will still PK your friends in wherever locale, so youl go defend them, then they bring their friends and so on..... Thats where like 90% of the PvP comes from.

Hence my lack of hatred for RPK factions. Without them, thered be noone to kill and noone to kill for killing them when you were near enough to witness the whole story yet you decide to twist it so you can kill them cos they were rednamed honest you didnt rpk or kill someone who only defended themselves at all honest, honest, HONEST!!!!!

:P
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

From what I have been told... on the CN server they have regularly held GM events and sponsored events in the Arena. They'll never open it here because our GMs don't hold PvP events like they do there and that would just be a place where people could go without having to pay dolls. Not sure, but it's definitely NOT broken, it's just not implemented here.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ~grabs his bow~
    When are we going in ? =D
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From what I have been told... on the CN server they have regularly held GM events and sponsored events in the Arena. They'll never open it here because our GMs don't hold PvP events like they do there and that would just be a place where people could go without having to pay dolls. Not sure, but it's definitely NOT broken, it's just not implemented here.

Yup, I've watched tons of PvP videos in the Arena... all GM hosted. The GM would do the manual count downs and there would be TONS of people on the sidelines watching.

Tons of 1v1, 2v2 videos from what I've seen.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • //oonDust - Heavens Tear13
    //oonDust - Heavens Tear13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bump for this thread

agree totally arena must be opened, im here for 2 years and its still under construction o.o
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I miss the arena too, it's so good for training. >.>