Fox Form APS?

Miss_Nikko - Lost City
Miss_Nikko - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Venomancer
Just wondering if it's possible to make a Veno with high aps (Fox Form user only), I know it's the new thing that most but not all BM's and Sin are trying to achieve.

But would it help a Fox Form Veno that goes HA if done at a higer lv with high APS?

Just wondering if this could help this type of Veno?
Post edited by Miss_Nikko - Lost City on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Magical weapons don't get -interval, and venos don't get a rank top with -interval, so according to something Solandri posted a while back the best APS you can get in foxform (barring glitching into foxform with claws/fists) is 2 point something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It caps out at 2-2.22 aps. But to get 2.22, you'd need to use an evasion necky and belt or LA for gloves/boots.

The only way I know to get faster aps involves using fists/claws which will prevent access to foxform.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you want aps; roll a bm, sin, or barb.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Miss_Nikko - Lost City
    Miss_Nikko - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »

I was just wondering not saying i'm going to attempt this. Just pondering about it so no need for the obvious remark of rolling another class if i wanted to achieve high APS.

Ty for the comments ^_^v
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you want to fight in fox form, any amount of -int will help. You might not need alot to pull off some decent effects. You'd only need 3 items to get a r8/r9 pataka up to the same speed as other magic weapons. Also, you'd only need -0.1 int to get most magic weapons to fist's base speed.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2.2 aps fox is fun to watch

bouncy bouncy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »

And this coming from one who claims to be on a APS veno. LOL and GTFO you idiot.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • tweakz
    edited January 2011
    And this coming from one who claims to be on a APS veno. LOL and GTFO you idiot.

Never claimed that, it's all you creating rumors buttwhipe.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the last set of calculations I saw gave even a fist-fox veno slightly less than BM damage.

Saying that, -int is like -channel for melee, so I can imagine loving it to bits if I used foxform more often.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Saying that, -int is like -channel for melee, so I can imagine loving it to bits if I used foxform more often.

i wish -chan had as great a relative benefit for casters as -int does for melee. the math's pretty clear that it doesn't, though, unfortunately.

(there's no melee equivalent of casting time, nor cooldowns; -int affects directly the main and primary thing that limits melee attack rate. -chan isn't nearly as impact-ful for casters, and can't be, the way casters' attacks function.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ppl need to read more than the first page of posts before making a new post, anyways. this is my current build, can use fist and mag wep.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=92512f13dd41847e
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ppl need to read more than the first page of posts before making a new post, anyways. this is my current build, can use fist and mag wep.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=92512f13dd41847e

patk sux...
    matk obviously sux too...
    light armor...
    whats the point of that build, being mediocre at everything?

venomancers are granted with with a branch of totally pointless skills dph&dps wise...

b:surrender
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mediocore is a word u simply cannot use to describe that build lol....look at the sharding and combine that with the OP Veno spark . Attack will be good. but mdef looks a bit scary though
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    lol that gear setup is purely for pve and with it i outdamage bm's with the same weapon. let me know when another veno... besides a r9/cashshopped veno can do over 300k dps on a fcc boss :)

"patk sux...
    matk obviously sux too...
    light armor...
    whats the point of that build, being mediocre at everything?

venomancers are granted with with a branch of totally pointless skills dph&dps wise..."

as far as skillwise you need to learn how to use them and u can increase your dps by alot. small chances for big stuff. with 27% crit rate with pvp gear on when i spark thats a big chance to hit close to 15k on HA targets, and guaranteed 2shot with br on a archer with up to 8k hp. none of this including pet damage. i ask some1 here.

"Mediocore is a word u simply cannot use to describe that build lol....look at the sharding and combine that with the OP Veno spark . Attack will be good. but mdef looks a bit scary though"

thankyou for the compliment, as far as mdef. if a wizzie with a +12 wep comes for u, it dont rly matter what you do, ur not likely to last long if they get element of surprise. find ways to make ur advantages bigger, make up for your weaknesses, and find ways around the obstacles in your way.

my build is made purely for damage, while still being able to maintain a fun time and enjoy being my veno, without having to fully gear 2 chars to have a bm for grinding :)

sig contains my main stats in pvp gear

venos can do anything and succeed if the player is smart enough to know how to properly play the build that they have chosen, play the class the way you like to and learn how to cope with the disadvantages you set for yourself. :)
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • tweakz
    edited January 2011
    Looks incredible for 1-1 dps, but people should consider what they'll be missing if jumping on the 4.0 bandwagon. AoE will suck, Blood Paint doesn't work for veno, and APS requires you to melee putting you in short range AoEs. Switching between fox and caster won't be as simple a task, or no Fox pdef booster for those close range AoE's or melee from aggro steals. Rank will be far less valuable. Gimped pet healing could reduce your independence.

I don't think you're going to be soloing FF, be as successful in Rebirth, or be as useful in Warsong like other 5aps can be.

I'm probably wrong about some things, but veno has to give up a lot to be 5aps while other classes don't.
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    mmm true, when you take on any form of exotic build you weaken certain aspects, though none of the things being weakened has in any way impaired my ability to perform those functions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted