u know what psychic lack?

skykh18
skykh18 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Psychic
Escape ability like distance shrink, they should make a new skill for psychic where u can switch place with target mob/player and the range increase for each level
Post edited by skykh18 on

Comments

• gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    skykh18 wrote: »
    Escape ability like distance shrink, they should make a new skill for psychic where u can switch place with target mob/player and the range increase for each level

Why? Any reasoning here besides "I think it would be cool"?
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yes it would be nice to have some sort of escaping skill.
    currently, the psy is the slowest class that doesnt have any skill to speedup.
    that's one of the reasons i like my triple holy path genie.

on the other hand, a skill to one-shot people would be nice too; balance is the keyword
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    from everything i've seen so far psychics are extremely over powered dealing insane amounts of damage very quickly while at the same time keeping enemys out of reach. which is great for the pve psychic, i personally don't think an escape skill would be very fair though since the fact that they are so overpowered is what keeps them balanced.
    against ordinary mobs i don't care, and there are ways around it in pvp, but i'm all for letting an op psychic hang himself against a boss because they can't keep their own damage in check
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yes it would be nice to have some sort of escaping skill.
    currently, the psy is the slowest class that doesnt have any skill to speedup.
    that's one of the reasons i like my triple holy path genie.

on the other hand, a skill to one-shot people would be nice too; balance is the keyword

Essential Sutra? Stone Smasher? :D

but for land, yea..no speedupthingy kinda sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myujishan - Raging Tide
    Myujishan - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Guys, if it's speed you wanna worry about, just fly, and in instances, you're not THAT slow. Besides, I can already see a problem. Say there is a wall here. X is you, Y is the mob.

x|y

It's the only mob...if it hits your range, you suddenly succesfully wallhacked...But without hacking...Then the mob can't attack you. Big problem there.
    I am a proud member of the glorious tideborn master race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Essential Sutra? Stone Smasher? :D

but for land, yea..no speedupthingy kinda sucks.

stone smasher? i dont see any speed up o-o
    yeah, i was reffering to land; sutra is nice in air.

i do think that a distance shrink would be too much (inb4wizqq xD)
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    stone smasher? i dont see any speed up o-o
    yeah, i was reffering to land; sutra is nice in air.

i do think that a distance shrink would be too much (inb4wizqq xD)

stone smasher for your one shot skill :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can go max speed on the ground with Holy Path, and max speed in the air with Essential Sutra and Acellerate. Ijs.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They already had skills to make anyone who attack them suffer b:bye
    Plus air escaping art (that seem earthguard mystic will also have . .)
    Plus immune to physical damage . . b:cute
    Plus shrink ? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    skykh18 wrote: »

I see one problem with this, well two actually. They are; if you switch places with the mob you're attacking, it'll just change direction and you won't be further from it. Meaning you have to use it on another mob. As that will probably aggro it you'll just get 2 mobs to deal with, and mobs actually run faster than you, unless Holy Pathed.
    And against players would be so abused on PvP servers. It'd be pure madness.
    Guys, if it's speed you wanna worry about, just fly, and in instances, you're not THAT slow. Besides, I can already see a problem. Say there is a wall here. X is you, Y is the mob.

x|y

It's the only mob...if it hits your range, you suddenly succesfully wallhacked...But without hacking...Then the mob can't attack you. Big problem there.

Assassins with Shadow Teleport, IJS.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Escape skill? o.o

Soulburn and flee? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011

i think that apply to every ranged class b:bye
    stun soul b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i think that apply to every ranged class b:bye

Kinda meant wallhacking behind doors and such, not many classes can do that.b:bye

Not sure if it changed, but they've been able to.
    edited January 2011
    Kinda meant wallhacking behind doors and such, not many classes can do that.b:bye

Not sure if it changed, but they've been able to.

I see b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No, Distance Shrink is one of a Wizards key skills, giving it to a Psychic would just be horrible. You have Physical Immunity, Fast-Casting AoE stun, AoE Freeze, Great DPS, Soulburn and other Soul skills, and you want MORE? Greedy Much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
    edited January 2011
    No, Distance Shrink is one of a Wizards key skills, giving it to a Psychic would just be horrible. You have Physical Immunity, Fast-Casting AoE stun, AoE Freeze, Great DPS, Soulburn and other Soul skills, and you want MORE? Greedy Much.

i also want undine and stone barrierb:thanksb:chuckle
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Psys dont need an escaping skill,Were obviously psychic meening we can see the future. If u forsee that ur going to die -Get the ** outta there lol. b:laugh
    edited January 2011

But they can't avoid the monster in doing so, they still have to face it. With a swap, the monster is now on the other side where you were. Ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    But they can't avoid the monster in doing so, they still have to face it. With a swap, the monster is now on the other side where you were. Ijs

stealth? xd
    edited January 2011
    stealth? xd

Balanced with a continuous mana drain. Sure, they can load pots on, maybe burn needlessly through a charm, but I don't think it'd be too efficient. All we would have to do is meditate for a second and recover that mana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Balanced with a continuous mana drain. Sure, they can load pots on, maybe burn needlessly through a charm, but I don't think it'd be too efficient. All we would have to do is meditate for a second and recover that mana.

Lolwhat?

Maxed stealth costs 15 mp/s. Maxed Celestial Guardian Seal from a cleric gives you an additional 10mp/s.

15-10-1(natural MP recovery) = 4mp/s. Get a piece of armor with MP recovery and you're good to go.

And while we're at it, sage Shadow Walk only costs 7mp/s. Get a cleric to buff you and you gain 4mp/s. o-o

Sins do this all the time to solo instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
    edited January 2011
    Lolwhat?

Maxed stealth costs 15 mp/s. Maxed Celestial Guardian Seal from a cleric gives you an additional 10mp/s.

15-10-1(natural MP recovery) = 4mp/s. Get a piece of armor with MP recovery and you're good to go.

And while we're at it, sage Shadow Walk only costs 7mp/s. Get a cleric to buff you and you gain 4mp/s. o-o

Sins do this all the time to solo instances.

^ These + 1 b:bye

Now i am not just going to demand shrink for psychic ... but stealth, deaden nerves, mystic revive, power dash, plume shell, purge, also summer sprint . . thank you very much
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    gelnd wrote: »
    Why? Any reasoning here besides "I think it would be cool"?
    The developers weren't thorough enough when they were creating a replacement class for Wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SSarmento - Raging Tide
    SSarmento - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    We lack a skill that is a constant aoe.
  • Happy_Killer - Harshlands
    Happy_Killer - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The developers weren't thorough enough when they were creating a replacement class for Wizards.

Wow, lol. Since WHEN did we become replacement wizards?
    Did you get the memo?

WE ONLY HAVE TWO ELEMENTS.

[/facepalm] I seriously hate when a nab comes in and says: "LOLPSY=WIZUSUK!"
    It makes me want to kill a Yulk baby.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39996931002&dateline=1294842593[/SIGPIC]
    My level, unlike other people, doesn't equal my IQ.
    My main's name is /\mazinggrace, a 87 Psychic on HL.
    Forums hate his username. So I rolled another account.
    Signature by Paramedic-- I support the anti-anti-QQ's!
    edited January 2011
    Wow, lol. Since WHEN did we become replacement wizards?
    Did you get the memo?

WE ONLY HAVE TWO ELEMENTS.

[/facepalm] I seriously hate when a nab comes in and says: "LOLPSY=WIZUSUK!"
    It makes me want to kill a Yulk baby.

This earns you a highfive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    having two elements is the las thing i would say to someone that claimed that we are like wizzies...yes a wiz can kill slightly easier the metal mobs but uh.. big deal

we can aoe all the time, no need for a constant aoe; it would make things easier to get in squads that foolishly wc for "zhen DD"
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    having two elements is the las thing i would say to someone that claimed that we are like wizzies...yes a wiz can kill slightly easier the metal mobs but uh.. big deal

we can aoe all the time, no need for a constant aoe; it would make things easier to get in squads that foolishly wc for "zhen DD"
    the additional dmg from the elemental advantage isnt that much so it wont make a huge difference

wtf why do you need distance shrink a psy attacks faster than a wiz with equal or higher dmg so most of the mobs should be dead before they can reach you. Here are some suggestions what you could do well im only a wiz and you should know your class better but that's some things that might work ;->:

use Landslide your knockback skill and if the mob cant be knocked back then use your immunity skill if its a physical mob and finish it off in black voodoo if it's a magical mob use your bubble of life and keep on attacking .....

and if everything of the above fails use Absolute Domain change to white voodoo and take a crab meat xD

greetz harm0wnie
    edited January 2011
    the additional dmg from the elemental advantage isnt that much so it wont make a huge difference

wtf why do you need distance shrink a psy attacks faster than a wiz with equal or higher dmg so most of the mobs should be dead before they can reach you. Here are some suggestions what you could do well im only a wiz and you should know your class better but that's some things that might work ;->:

use Landslide your knockback skill and if the mob cant be knocked back then use your immunity skill if its a physical mob and finish it off in black voodoo if it's a magical mob use your bubble of life and keep on attacking .....

and if everything of the above fails use Absolute Domain change to white voodoo and take a crab meat xD

greetz harm0wnie

shrink is awesome cause it works in pvp while knockbacks dont
    it is true that pve-wise there is no need for shrink (free "holy path" is nice though)

disclaimer: i dont think that we need (need = we are underpowered without one) a shrink
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    disclaimer: i dont think that we need (need = we are underpowered without one) a shrink
    sry my phrasing wasnt clear i know you didnt suggest it so the you was for the starter of the thread