Meditation

Fast_Strike - Raging Tide
Fast_Strike - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
i thought it will be cool to increase the med hp and mp recovery each lvl u lvl up the hp and mp recovery will be increased by 0.1% it will be cooler and faster hp and mp recover when u run out of pots

and i got a question how can i put my signature in forums please help
tnx 4 the helpers
Name : Fast_strike
Race: Human
Class: Blademaster
Lvl:6X
Server:Raging Tides

b:victory b:victory b:victory
Post edited by Fast_Strike - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Vit increases HP recovery and Mag increases MP recovery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Fast_Strike - Raging Tide
    Fast_Strike - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i know that but i meant that the med will give more hp and mp even with the vit and mag thingy b:laugh
    Name : Fast_strike
    Race: Human
    Class: Blademaster
    Lvl:6X
    Server:Raging Tides

b:victory b:victory b:victory
  • scorpillro
    scorpillro Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally like this idea but don't think anybody will do it.
    People buy 3-4 stacks of hp/mp/mix potions usually.
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    On the sig part User CP>Edit Signature under Settings & Options>Write something or put a image there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think this has been suggested before in another form...

Anyway I don't have anything against a faster regeneration rate, but Evict has a good point.

And assuming that every level the recovery rate rises by 0,1% on level 100 it would be +10% faster. And that... seems... quite fast. Add cleric buffs to it and the effect of HP or MP pots and basically your regeneration rate would be incredibly high... Wouldn't that be a bit... exaggerated? For PvP as well as for PvE?
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seems like we could use some straight up math in this part with someone who knows a lot about the classes and values. 10% might not be that high and cleric buffs are pretty wussy at level 100 when people have like 6k HP and 6k MP depending on class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Won't happen.

As someone pointed out, with 0.1% per level, at level 100, you'd be looking at recovering 9.9% of your full life and mana every second. That, plus what you'd get from buffs, vitality, potions and magic.

This would mean that it'd take at most 10.1 seconds to meditate yourself back to full life and MP. For pretty much every class at level 100, you'd be looking at a recovery speed that is a lot more than what you'd get out of even the best of potions. This would basically mean that in out-of-combat situations, such as when grinding on mobs, you'd never use potions, since recovering that 10,000 MP or 20,000 HP would be a lot cheaper and quicker done by meditating 10 seconds than using multiple potions or a charm.

And there is no question that it'd be used as well. For comparison, Assassins have Healing Trance, which costs 20 mana per second to recover 6% of your life. That's basically the same as paying 17 seconds and 340 mana for the same effect the OP suggested. With this in mind, the OP's suggestion would be 68.3% more effective than Healing Trance with no downsides.

So basically, the OP's suggestion would do the following:
    1. Completely make Healing Trance, an already unused skill, useless
    2. Make any character with high MP or HP meditate instead of using potions while grinding

Of course, if you actually made the recover speed be used constantly, even while in combat, it'd also be a proper for PvP, even with a reduction down to 2.5% per second. That's still quite a lot when you're talking about 20,000 HP or 10,000 MP.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.