About Lunar

Options
Llux - Sanctuary
Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Today I decided to do the one solo quest for Lunar and it was basically my first time in. The solo mode wasn't too bad and all that. And I got the answer on how to finish the other quests through trophy mode. However, I have questions not really pertaining to that.

I'm wondering about the Lunar Gear. In comparison to Twilight Temple gear Lunar gear seems to be the next step up. ((Is that what I should aim for at level 95? Both the weapons and armor?)) This is probably basic knowledge, so basic I haven't really found it on the forumns cause everyone knows? Haha. Or I'm blind again. : P

Anyway, I've also heard Lunar is kinda broken. Aka: unable to be finished unless it's in trophy mode. How sloppy. D: But yeah, are the matts used to make the armors mainly gained during those trophy runs? Or can they all be found in solo as well. (Though solo is a bit extreme to constantly farm for a BM and our horrid magic resist.)

Sorry for my newbish lack of knowledge but I take this game slow and by stride. b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
insanitymogit.tumblr.com
Post edited by Llux - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    All well, I guess the questions are too noob and obvious. I'll keep my eyes peeled on high people's gear and ask someone in game during the summer/when I have time to join a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You have to do Lunar in team mode (which costs 3mil per run and is entirely different from solo and trophy modes) in order to farm the weapons/armors/accessories. You will also need TT90/99 gold mats.

Overall, the cost of each piece of Lunar armor is about 9mil assuming you farm everything else and just pay for access to Lunar team mode. Lunar armor is comparable to TT99 and, in some ways, a lot better than it.

Lunar wep is a lot more expensive though.

Here is a guide: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=623031

Tip: DO NOT go with a random squad. I'm serious. That 3mil is yours and if someone steals your tinder drop, that's your 3mil down the ****ing drain. Go with friends and guildies that you trust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thank you very Eoria! I was looking for a guide but was having no luck. b:pleased That helps immensely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Eoria is ENTRELY right! Never run a Lunar squad with people you don't know and trust. With the 3m expense associated with opening the instance you want to be sure you are going to get all the drops.

That being said, Fuzzy can offer a few other insights...

Like TT, there are 2 stages to each piece of armour. For the 1st grade, you will always need Transparent Crystals, Fragment Crystals, and Essence of Nature.

Essence of Nature can either be obtained though trading token, just like Ultimate Subs, or through farming mat's in Heaven or Hell. Take the mats you farm to the Lunar Forge: Material inside the instance where you can make the Essence of Nature.

The same idea applies to the Transparent or Fragment Crystals. At the same forge you can combine 10 of each Element Fragment (steel, earth, aqua etc) into 1 Fragment Crystal. For the Transparent is the exact same process using the Crystal fragments. Combine 10 fragments for 1 whole crystal. The fragments needed, as well as in squad mode, can be farmed through the Lunar solo mode. Considering how many it takes, Fuzzy always found the better idea is to collect these solo and only run the 3m squad instance for the other needed mats. Also, as a side note, both the Transparent and Fragment Crystals can be obtained from the Mysterious Merchant in 1k Streams, but, it is much more economical to farm them for free in Lunar Solo.

Another thing Fuzzy would note is that you should look ahed at the Gold stage armour before you begin to farm. It is always good to understand which Tinders (Lunar gold drops) you are going to need. It has been the panda's experience that which Tinder you seek will dictate which path you take through the instance. Which path will determine which boss you get at the end of the 3rd valley, which will have a huge impact upon which Tinder is likely to drop. (ie: Want that Chromatic Tinder? Prime Evil is your best bet)

One last thing Fuzzy would suggest is to build your party right when you are ready to run the squad instance. The entire instance can be completed if you operate as a constantly moving zen squad. The best combination Fuzzy has found is an original rainbow squad, however anything is possible. Once you run it once or twice, getting the hang of it isn't difficult. Just go in with the right mindset and soon enough you will have that Lunar gear sitting in your bank.

Each and every piece is still completely farmable.

Trust Fuzzy, me wears a full set of Cascade Glow (Nirvana Lunar HA) and it is 100% farmed with the help of good friends who make up an excellent farming squad.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    along with what fuzzy said, considering how many mats it takes to make each item for the gears it might be good to write up sort of a checklist of the mats needed and what u have, i did so while farmign the gold lunar chest (sold to get some rank gear Q_Q), Lunar gold btw is pretty much the same def stats as TT99 but different adds, also Lunar does not have the set bonuses such as TT99 does meaning no -int/chan bonus or +15 vit

for the checklist (if decide to do so, which is helpful so u know what exactly u need)
    this is pretty much how i did it,

for Chest piece:
    ~Green~
    3 Fragment Crystal

1,260,000 + 59 chips
    10 Aqua Fragment-- (X/30)
    10 Flame Fragment-- (X/30)
    10 Earth Fragment-- (X/30)
    10 Life Fragment-- (X/30)
    10 Steel Fragment-- (X/30)
    10 Chaos Fragment-- (X/30)
    1 Transparent Crystal
    900,000 + 42 chips
    10 Aqua Crystal-- (X/10)
    10 Flame Crystal-- (X/10)
    10 Earth Crystal-- (X/10)
    10 Life Crystal-- (X/10)
    10 Steel Crystal-- (X /10)
    10 Chaos Crystal-- (X/10)
    2 Aqua Essence-- (X/2)
    2 Flame Essence -- (X/2)
    2 Earth Essence-- (X/2)
    2 Life Essence-- (X/2)
    5 Steel Essence-- (X/5)
    3 Essences of Nature (lunar equivalent of ult subs)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Gold~
    Armorcore: Phoenix Robe [or whichever chest piece]
    4 Sacred Mother's Aura (TT90 Gold, Illusion Nemen 3-1)
    3,500,000 + 84 chips
    1 Chromatic Tinder
    9,000,000 + 420 chips
    2 Unknown Tinder
    3,000,000 + 140 chips
    10 Essence of Nature

Gold cost-All
    1036 Chips

Gold Cost-Lunar only
    700 Chips

Note: cost/chip listed only to note price difference if everything was bought through chip NPC in 1k
    Note 2: ALL the lunar gold gears need the same mats, only difference is the mats needed to make the green versions

depending on the availability of ppl willing to run Lunar might have to chip the lunar gold mats which itself is only around 15mil and 700 chips(lunar only)

one thing tho is to not worry if a gold drops or who has right to it is, make a 500k fee for each person (3mil fee divided by the 6 members of the squad) so IF a gold drops its random or squad decides to sell and split, which profits most of squad leaving with more than they paid once the mat sells if its the pricier one

for example if 1 Chromatic Tinder falls and squad decides to sell it and split profit, say it sells for the chip price being 9mil,

9mil/6 = 1.5mil each person
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender