noobie weapons aren't working

tajule
tajule Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm new to the game and I am an archer. Somewhere on level 2 my bow stopped working. Then I used my swords and they are slowly breaking. I don't know what to do. How do I get my bow to work again and how can I repair my swords?
Post edited by tajule on

Comments

• MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    do you have any arrows if not buy some at a blacksmith for 2 gp each you repair items at a blacksmith,merchant,tailor,craftsman and apothecary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • NaaMachine - Lost City
    NaaMachine - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Aggro
    Should be required reading.
  • tajule
    edited January 2011
    do you have any arrows if not buy some at a blacksmith for 2 gp each you repair items at a blacksmith,merchant,tailor,craftsman and apothecary

I have a pack of arrows but my inventory won't equip it. I had the blacksmith repair my swords but the durability rating did not increase.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tajule wrote: »
    I have a pack of arrows but my inventory won't equip it.

do you have a bow equipped when you try to equip the arrows?
    does the bow have a durability greater than zero? (if not, repair.)
    is the bow of equal or higher level as the arrows?
    I had the blacksmith repair my swords but the durability rating did not increase.

and what is that durability rating? are they already fully repaired? have you tried "repair all"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • tajule
    edited January 2011
    I have the wooden bow, durability at 18/22, and it's equipped. I have a pack of 500 woven fang arrows. The bow and arrows are level 1. When I move the arrows to the equip slot it won't take them. I also have some duel swords with durability at 25/28. I moved both the bow and the swords to the blacksmith's goods shop then I pressed Repair All and Confirm (Y) button. The durability rating on both items remained the same, they did not increase to the maximum.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you don't move the items to the shop window to repair

simply select the Goods option to open the shop window
    then

Press "Repair All" to repair all your currently equipped gear

or

Press "Repair" to switch to the repair cursor, then click on the individual items you want to repair - either equipped or in inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    "repair all" repairs everything you have equipped on your character at the time --- it repairs nothing in your inventory. worth remembering.

you don't need to drag things to slots to equip them; right-clicking them while in your inventory, or double-clicking them, should work. that way there's no risk of missing the equip slot or hitting the wrong slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • tajule
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the repair tips. It worked correctly.

I found out on my own what the trouble is with my bow and arrows. My wooden bow is a noobies bow and there are no arrow packs I can get for it - and it doesn't use woven fang arrows. So once the wooden bow uses up its arrows I have to toss it away. I now have a Stinging Bow which is a level 2 bow and it uses woven fang arrows. I can now equip my arrows and the bow works.