Playing from two different countries

Cantor - Raging Tide
Cantor - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
JanusZeal said:

"As someone who's actually worked for an MMO and dealt with "i r ****" complaints -- 99% of the time, they are someone who shared their account with another person (verified IP/MACID matches) and that person took their ****, changed password, etc..."

That is exactly what happens to 99% of players. Janus is absolutely right. I'm 50 y/o (since Dec 30th) and I'm designer and computer engineer well aware of security issues.

However, because of those 99%, the remaining 1% can suffer sometimes.

I've had an account in another game. (Won't say which one.) They have rule against account sharing. I work in Qatar and live in former Yugoslavia. They saw login from two locations and last week banned my account. I tried to explain, they accepted explanation but didn't recover my account.

"... unfortunately, your account was deleted and can not be recovered... recommend opening new one... we shall be aware in the future..." etc, etc.

About MAC addresses: sometimes I use my desktop (from Yugoslavia), most of the time my notebook (from Qatar), sometimes my desktop at work (Qatar also), and sometimes father's desktop (Yugoslavia) when mine is busy working something else.

I hope nothing similar shall happen to me here. (LOL)

There is one more game (which I play since 2004) and several others that I tried for few months each. Never got ****.

Happy New Year to all of you!
Post edited by Cantor - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Solarnaru - Harshlands
    Solarnaru - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't think that would happen here. At worst you would have a temporary ban while the details are worked out. Against what most say they dev and gms here are actually helpful and do resolve issues when given enough time. I had a negative experience turned positive by the resolution of the problem while playing BOI. I was even able to talk to an actual person on live chat to work out the details.

That said, enjoy PWI and happy new year to you as well :D
  • Uitiano - Heavens Tear
    Uitiano - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Friend of mine, went to China (I believe) and she automatically got temporary banned for logging in to a country that's blocked on PWI. So check the "blacklist" before logging in to PWI from another country.

I personally live in Holland and I've been to the U.S.A for several months at the time and logged in from both countries and I didn't get banned. But if your account is getting logged in from 5 different countries in a few hours, that'll raise a few flags. But if it's something reasonable, that would imply you're on vacation then nothing will happen. Unless, again, you're logging in to PWI from a country that's "Blacklisted".