Old Class Skill Animations

Lilanella - Heavens Tear
Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Is PWI ever planning on updating the animations for the 'old' classes' skills? I mean honestly, compare them to the psychics, sins, and the new seekers and mystics, and you'll see they kinda suck. Anyone else feel this way?b:surrender
Post edited by Lilanella - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    gush was updated once. it used to be small water eruption no matter the size of target. now it can be enormous depending on target.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What you mean is animation of character / model or skill effect / animation ?

If what you mean is character animation . . well i think it will had issue with customization (everyone looks reset to the new default) and that mean less customization like other new race. But it's needed to make their animation & texture smoother.

If what you mean is skill effect . . well . . i think they will only bother with it if character model is also changed.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    some crazy ideas:

Since we have the water dragon, make mountains seize be a giant turtle droped on enemy's head.

BT ... well, could be the phoenix, but we have will of the phoenix already... so how about a flaming meteor.

dragons breath actually looking like a flame element skill? maybe columns of fire raising from ground instead of lightining all over, making it look like a metal element skill

Embestorm look like ure a.. hmm.. nevermind... i had one idea but that might look like a terrorist act...
  • Solarnaru - Harshlands
    Solarnaru - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I 100% agree that the original 6 classes need a skill animation makeover, and possibly even race-unique meditation animations. After watching videos of the mystic and seeker gameplay it became far more noticeable that the old skill animations are plain, especially by comparison. I'm not saying that the skills should be completely changed, just revamped in a similar way to how the meditation was updated with one of the expansions.

The meditation thing is another matter entirely. With the tideborn and earthguard each having very unique meditations, the other 3 race's have become quite plain looking. There has been at least one update to it with one of the expansions, making it a little flashier and something more than a blue ball. One thing some people may overlook about the meditation animation is that the first 3 races were just that: 3 races. In regard to that it does make some sense that there is no race-specific meditation animation.
  • Lilanella - Heavens Tear
    Lilanella - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking they especially need to update the veno skills. I mean, all of our skills basically look the same, except for Parasitic Nova.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You mean the character animation right b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    personally i think they need to scale back (or provide an option to do so) the new skill animations for Tideborns, specifically the psychics. I'm not entirely sure what it is about them that is different, but I've had times where one of their AoE skills would cause my Frame Rate to become about 1 for a couple seconds. If I were playing the game on a minimum spec machine, i don't think I would actually be able to play as a psychic at all. considering that, if the "old" skill animations were made like the "new" ones - probably a lot of people would experience graphical lag that was previously a non-issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • abattlewalrus
    abattlewalrus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The psychic earth AoE Sandburst Blast's animation is epic

In contrast all of the cleric buffs look almost the same; raise weapon, colorful circles
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm thinking they especially need to update the veno skills. I mean, all of our skills basically look the same, except for Parasitic Nova.

b:thanks Even some minor added effects to the scarab skills would be appreciated. For example, you could have some flame effect to enhance the red Blazing Scarab and maybe something similar, but less, to the Noxious Gas effect for our much used Venomous Scarab. I must say though, I really love the Parasitic Nova effect.b:victory

Our Celestial Eruption (triple spark) animation is kinda "simple" and lame imo. b:sad

I completely agree with the comments regarding the Meditation Sphere as well when compared to the Tideborn but, I don't really mind our little bubble of happiness for the most part. b:pleased

FoxForm Skill effects are just fine imo. I'm sure there isn't much QQ about those considering not a lot of Venos out there that utilize that option anyhow. Btw....I love my FoxForm skills even though I'm Arcane.

Other than that, I love the animation and effects that Perfect World has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Make the cleric great cyclone and plumeshot have added lighting effects, those are the animations of our most powerful skills after all. Tho to be honest between wield thunder, tempest, and thunderball, there isnt much warning to others what skill we are about to use.

Oh oh i know! Revamp what the skills actually do as well, that would sure help alot of barbs with aggro problems.

b:thanks Would love our guardian light to have aoe protection, considering we are wasting a spark on a skill that only last 10 seconds with a cooldown of 5 whole minutes seems a little iffy.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +1 Future Lord

I do like that people cant tell which thunderous skill we're about to use- however from the cast time you could tell between Tempest vs Weild of Thunderball.

I don't really have a complaint on the cleric side but Veno's I can only really tell what they're using because of the circle under their feet, it looks that similar rofl.
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Make the cleric great cyclone and plumeshot have added lighting effects, those are the animations of our most powerful skills after all. Tho to be honest between wield thunder, tempest, and thunderball, there isnt much warning to others what skill we are about to use.

Oh oh i know! Revamp what the skills actually do as well, that would sure help alot of barbs with aggro problems.

b:thanks Would love our guardian light to have aoe protection, considering we are wasting a spark on a skill that only last 10 seconds with a cooldown of 5 whole minutes seems a little iffy.

I adore cleric buff animations but I agree, some of the attacks could use a little sprucing up b:surrender
    Ps future you should have come TT'd with me the other day >:D
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Stand in awe of my bubbles!:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
    edited January 2011
    Stand in awe of my bubbles!:O

Glare in envy at my infinite regenerating hp.
    I adore cleric buff animations but I agree, some of the attacks could use a little sprucing up b:surrender
    Ps future you should have come TT'd with me the other day >:D

Yes and I do love TT but i promised myself not to fall asleep on another run again, so if im sleepy its beddy bye time for me.

(Once i was consently casting the aoe heal with my mouse after i fell asleep, best sleepwalking/gaming ever!)
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree. Venos need better animations the most. However, as someone pointed out, we should have different meditation animations for every race. Not just the new ones. Speaking of how different and 'special' the newer races get to be, why can't the rest of us have our swords/wands/axes/bows etc. on our backs when we're not using them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree. Venos need better animations the most. However, as someone pointed out, we should have different meditation animations for every race. Not just the new ones. Speaking of how different and 'special' the newer races get to be, why can't the rest of us have our swords/wands/axes/bows etc. on our backs when we're not using them?

Because... that wouldn't make it 'special' anymore?

If you want every race to be unique you have to think of ways to make them different, not make them the same as some other race that's coming out. b:laugh

But agree, I'd like to have that feature on the other classes as well.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was thinking about this not long ago, new animations would be nice, and revamped emots. Also a new riding animation for horseback. A lot of this game is pure eye-candy and it would be a nice attention to detail to have new and different meditations for each race; for example, Elves could meditate with their natural wings out... floating... or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
    edited January 2011
    I was thinking about this not long ago, new animations would be nice, and revamped emots. Also a new riding animation for horseback. A lot of this game is pure eye-candy and it would be a nice attention to detail to have new and different meditations for each race; for example, Elves could meditate with their natural wings out... floating... or something.

I would love to be Floating in the air with my wings...wait, natural wings? no little lady those things are ugly. What about having our wings fold around us as if we were using them as a shield? That would be kinda cool, or since both elves have wings, why not keep the normal meditation but just have a ton of cool feathers circling us like plumeshell but bigger and faster and more dangerous looking b:chuckle
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I so agree on this b:sad

the original 6 classes are being left out :/ At least upgrade some animations. The fox-tree is fine with me.. every skill looks different from the fox-tree! now if they would only make the skills from human-form look different from eachother I'm fine with it x___X""
    I keep casting the same circle in a different colour... venomous, ironwood, blazing, lucky it's getting boring :<

Maybe make a revamp for only demon/sage skills. They are stronger then the lvl 10 skills, so why not make them look better?

a race specific meditation would be awesome too :) But I gues the skills will take priority for me ^^" but who knows o.o maybe next year they'll give the old classes some love.. if the game is still online...

btw o.o when you said that about elven meditation with wings out I had to think of this pic straight away ^^" click me ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I'll agree on Great Cyclone, but not so much Plume Shot since it's not a metal attack. Plume Shot should be prettier though.
  • ReiMei - Lost City
    ReiMei - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I support the idia of getting veno skills look revamped... grinding in pw is already boring so grinding with skills that look almost exactly the same makes it even more boring, may be they could make the veno's casting position different for some skills and give more effecs like blazing instead of being a circle with failed wanna be flames around it would be a fire circle spining and emanating flames to the sides, and frost scarab would look more awesome if it had more of a freezing aura, because it looks more like a water scarab( i know its water element but :<) so may be it coud be like a diamond isntead of a circle and an icy aura around the veno. Also venomous would look beter if it had some of the circle patters that noxious has.

Im also agreed with the specific class meditation and had some ideas about them for a while like Pegasiand Furturelord said: Elves meditation could be them doing a small jump to float like tides and then unfolding their natural wings( cause asking for the wings they are currently wearing would be too badass, imagine the dark lord ones o_o) and then fold them around their bodies as if they were a shield and have an aura like the water bubble of tides but have it look as a airy bubble with small feathers circling around like plume shell. And for the untamed it would be awesome that when they meditate even in human they turn into their beast form( after all thats their true for right?) and adopt their beast form meditation pose(i honesty have never seen a barb meditate in tiger in the 2 years ive been playing this, but venos you know the fox curled in the ground) and have the circle aura for barbs look fiery like their paws and for venos look like its made of that pinkish dust they emanate in fox + the floweres of summer sprint circling in it. And for humans well... they are humans they could just keep the current meditation after all if the other chars get their specific meditations human's would be unique too( sorry humans >__<b:surrender).

Also having a character models revamp would be a nice thing too, because compared to the new classes then original six look a little too rough and pixelated but if revamping the models means limitating the customization options im against it after all pw's signature feature its having the hugest and probably best customization system of all mmos. Having said all that i just hope that the gm bother themselves a little to read this thread and let the devs know that we could really appreciate some new looks into the game and well thats not gonna mess up their profits right? and if it does they could always make a "Year of the rabbit pack" ^^;.b:shutup

Oh and yeah: Happy new year to all in pw.b:victory
  • hishkari
    hishkari Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    btw o.o when you said that about elven meditation with wings out I had to think of this pic straight away ^^" click me ;D

that was a nice pic~

imagine if they add that to the some of the clerics' buffs, or maybe make that float on top of the winged elves' while they medidate (I still like to do a sitting position while meditating rather than standing) and maybe some additional effects such as feathers floating all around.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wiz, BMs and Clerics still have the best animations in the game.

Yeah the new classes have better quality of animations, but some of the old animations themselves look better.

EDIT: lol necro. woops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • BPforBarbs - Raging Tide
    BPforBarbs - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    13 month necro ftw?
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    +1 :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would like to see elves meditate with their wings shielding them.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i just go to the same stance, and shoot different colored arrows. give me more shock and awe. b:angry
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i just go to the same stance, and shoot different colored arrows. give me more shock and awe. b:angry

You twirl around depending on what skill you use.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You twirl around depending on what skill you use.

at least i have great balance on 1 leg though. that i can appreciate.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    at least i have great balance on 1 leg though. that i can appreciate.

Agreed.

necronecronecro >:o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray