Possible Fanfic? (Minor written gore warning?)

Options
Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
The Wraith-men spun, their feral yellow eyes flashing as they perceived the intruder. She stood on the blackened stone, armor gouged and pierced, blood running in sheets down the side of her face. She grasped hold of her bow, pulled it free of its bindings on her back, and planted her feet firmly into the ground. For a brief moment, gazes locked, and then they charged toward her, the ground shaking with their heavy footfalls as they loosed their swords and brought them up to end her life.

As the Wraith-men tore towards her, all tension briefly left her. Then, with a primal scream, her muscles all tensed at once, threatening to rip from her body. Red light burst from her eye sockets and a red haze formed around her.

And then it erupted.

A titanic blast cracked the ground underneath her feet, a red vortex of power swirling around her body. The first Wraith fell upon her, but as its blade met the vortex, it was thrown backwards by the force of the eruption and fell dazed backwards onto the floor.

The Wraiths collectively hesitated, perceiving the power that had been unleashed, when the vortex dissipated. The Wraiths shrank back as the haze cleared, revealing the Archer, bow in hand, eyes consumed by red power. She raised her bow, notched an arrow with speed that the eye could not follow, and loosed it viciously, punching a hole through the eye of the Wraith that had attempted to strike her.

Craters appeared as her feet shattered the earth, tearing forwards toward the Wraiths before they could react, loosing arrows at a devastating rate. One by one they toppled, the force of her shots propelling them backwards, punching through organs and muscle as though they were wet bread. Torrents of blood stained the surroundings as the Wraiths screamed, the wretched, primitive sound of a dying animal.

-

An excerpt from a fanfic that I intend to write sometime soon. The story of a legendary archer, or something. xDD Be warned, I'm not the most consistent of writers... But I wanted to test the waters in any case. I'll call this A Preview Of What Is To Come.

tl;dr an Archer demon sparked and killed some wraiths.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn