Can a HA veno tank Pole

Options

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People have known for a while that a HA veno can. The two issues that arise are:

- Can the veno live long enough for a single hit following the armor/mind break axe in case the cleric doing purify isn't super fast or caught channeling heals.
    - Can the veno keep aggro from other DD's

I've seen wizards tank polearm before. I **** you not.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    After armor/ mind break: it's all about HP.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A lvl 98 HA Veno is able to solo Pole. So are good BMs and meh Sins.

I tanked BH69 in my 80s for BH. So big suprise b:tired

Wether or not the DDs had to hold back during that time is a nother thing... at 95+, only had real trouble with high aps people(who sadly theres becoming too many of now <.<)
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't Alpha Male help with the aggro issues, even slightly? I'm still low level with my HA veno, so I'm not sure if that skill's as useful as it sounds, but it seems like it would definitely help.

It's nice to know things like this can be done though b:victory. I hope I can do the same someday ;D.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Way to go Mara!
    I'm glad you posted some screenshots of it :D
    Next time, I'm going to be the cleric healing you hehe.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't Alpha Male help with the aggro issues, even slightly?

Alpha Male purges Bramble which helps with aggro on melee. You'd want to save it for emergency, and want another veno to bramble you.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ah, that sucks that it overrides it :\. I know Bramble helps a lot, too. Guess it would just be a good genie skill for when other venos are in party too b:surrender.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    an AA vit veno around your lvl can tank pole too, nothing special b:bye
    Retired b:bye
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I bet an AA vitality veno could tank it too, but if there was any other dd around she would lose agro because AA venos have very little strenght and therefore weak phsysical attack
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I bet an AA vitality veno could tank it too, but if there was any other dd around she would lose agro because AA venos have very little strenght and therefore weak phsysical attack

thats why an AA veno focuses on magic attacks, silly.

speaking of agros and dd's, there is only one axe bm (7X?) shown in those screenshots so i'm assuming the OP was helping with some ppl with a BH69?
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It was a fb 69 for a guild mate 100 cleirc 98 veno (Me) 71 veno (who the fb was for) and 70 Bm first time trying to tank fb69 and went pretty well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It was a fb 69 for a guild mate 100 cleirc 98 veno (Me) 71 veno (who the fb was for) and 70 Bm

fb 69, bh69...its still the same instance. b:chuckle
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats why an AA veno focuses on magic attacks, silly.

speaking of agros and dd's, there is only one axe bm (7X?) shown in those screenshots so i'm assuming the OP was helping with some ppl with a BH69?

Well u did ask if it was a Bh 69 b:chuckle which naar it was a fb 69 but your Right FB/BH69 are the same b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marian_anna - Heavens Tear
    Marian_anna - Heavens Tear Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd imagine a hybrid could tank Pole if I can however a hybrid wouldn't have the one thing I do, the hp.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd imagine a hybrid could tank Pole if I can however a hybrid wouldn't have the one thing I do, the hp.

i've seen a few hybrids going over 10k hp without buffs, mine goes from 9123hp to around 9.5k with a few gears swapped out. whats yours? b:bye
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i've seen a few hybrids going over 10k hp without buffs, mine goes from 9123hp to around 9.5k with a few gears swapped out. whats yours? b:bye

Well to be quite honest it's 7k unbuffed, I was hoping for higher but it's hard finding parts to get higher hp at my level >.<
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anything over 5k is decent enough. Ive tanked Pole with less, tho that was back in lvl 8X. Getting high HP is a big challenge, at least if you dont have the money to buy you really high gems and getting nice refines. And even then 9k unbuffed is a bit far fetched.

Luckily, with 15+k def, you wont need as much HP as most other peeps when fighting off them phy mobs.

My build is http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=62dc87576d6c042e And its more damage based than actual HP. The cloak sorely needs a resharding I know. But Getting HP gems takes a long time whit todays prices b:surrender

edited January 2011
    Options
    Anything over 5k is decent enough. Ive tanked Pole with less, tho that was back in lvl 8X. Getting high HP is a big challenge, at least if you dont have the money to buy you really high gems and getting nice refines. And even then 9k unbuffed is a bit far fetched.

Luckily, with 15+k def, you wont need as much HP as most other peeps when fighting off them phy mobs.

My build is http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=62dc87576d6c042e And its more damage based than actual HP. The cloak sorely needs a resharding I know. But Getting HP gems takes a long time whit todays prices b:surrender

I don't even know how to BEGIN to get 9k hp unbuffed and here I thought 7k was a pretty good accomplishment ^^
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't even know how to BEGIN to get 9k hp unbuffed and here I thought 7k was a pretty good accomplishment ^^

7k unbuffed is a huge accomplisment if you ask me =3

Im got to work on getting above 6.5k before I can even think on 7k, But If I keep up on todays rate Ill at least get some lower level HP gems to hold the cloaks 3 spots. Then focus on the big ones... Now I just need even more coins... *LF TT 3-1...."

edited January 2011
    Options
    7k unbuffed is a huge accomplisment if you ask me =3

Im got to work on getting above 6.5k before I can even think on 7k, But If I keep up on todays rate Ill at least get some lower level HP gems to hold the cloaks 3 spots. Then focus on the big ones... Now I just need even more coins... *LF TT 3-1...."

I'd go with you but we're on different servers T.T I've been in TT a few times, not enough of course. x.x

But yeah I had to have immacs in just about everything along with crazy refines in the mountcrasher to finally hit my 7k