Armor of the Assassin VS 87 Mold Armor

Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Archer
I only called it 87 Mold Armor because I can't remember its name off the top of my head, but it's refined +2 with two Flawless Citrines. I'll get to wear it next level. However, I'm also Rank 5 and Armor of the Assassin has been available to me since Rank 4. Honestly, I really don't like it, because it's weak as all heck and looks terrible, despite the -0.05 Interval. With my level 78 mold armor, +2 with a Beautiful and a Flawless Cit, I'm pushing 6000 buffed HP, and I'd really rather not give up so much HP and defenses for interval, especially as (to the best of my knowledge) rank armor cannot be refined. With the 87 Mold Armor, which will probably end up being refined a little higher, I expect even more soaring defenses and health. However, my Vast Land is really, really slow.

What is a good solution for speeding up my slow little Vast Land without sacrificing defenses? I like surviving when the idiot blows up the clone in FF, or when I lose track of what I'm doing and stand in a circle on the first boss, and I still deal great damage.

I'm just slower than I'd like to be. x) What's a decent compromise?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's called Armor of Millenary Bless, and no don't get it. Rank top is where it's at, and preferably rank 6+. Archers really don't need much hp, instead I would rather build for damage. As you said, Vast Land is slow, but it lasts all the way to 95. That's a long way. And if your worried about fail FF squads that hit the little clone, then make some friends or first make sure they know what they are doing.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My Vast Land was fine until I could use the Heaven Shatterer at level 95. R6 is now pretty cheap, you could get that as well. The res from that is equal to the 8x armours I think, or just a little less.
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    My Vast Land was fine until I could use the Heaven Shatterer at level 95. R6 is now pretty cheap, you could get that as well. The res from that is equal to the 8x armours I think, or just a little less.

The res from R6 armor is actually better than my Millenary Bless, and R6 armor CAN be refined. So yeah, that's definitely my next stop. ^^

Thanks, Arch, Boogie, for replies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The res from R6 armor is actually better than my Millenary Bless, and R6 armor CAN be refined. So yeah, that's definitely my next stop. ^^

Thanks, Arch, Boogie, for replies.

Huh? R4 armour can't be refined? Pretty sure I had mine at +3 before the rank sale...
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Rank rings can't be refined, so I assumed that the armor couldn't be, either. But I just saw an Assassin with +4 R6 armor, which is when I realized my mistake. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn