Sage of Demon for the Poor Man

MrBladey - Lost City
MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Blademaster
Hello BMs, just hit level 89. Just a question: from all you guy's experience which is the cheaper path to take? Cause I'm on a budget as in no cashshopping or merchanting. x.x
For honor...
For glory...
FOR E-PEEN!
Post edited by MrBladey - Lost City on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Neither of those paths are cheap. I'm one of the poor guys too and if you are as poor as I am...

- Level 11 skills cost a lot. Good ones can be 7m+, like demon and sage bell and demon HF.
    - High-aps builds are out of your reach.
    - Refines over +4/+5 are hard to get.
    - Your HP will be pretty low and damage will suck.

Also, you should define "poor". Some people think "poor" means people with weapon refine below +7 at endgame. For some, it means you don't have TT99 etc.

Personally, I still wanted to have on-level fists and decent aps for soloing stuff so I went demon.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ben - Raging Tide
    Ben - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Aim for the best and work with what you got to advance towards it.
    The more you advance, the easier it gets... Start with the easy things.
    It's a game, longer games are better games.

High APS is not out of reach for you, if you want it you should probably go demon.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It really depends on your weapon build - Fist build skills are currently the most expensive (at least on HT server) the mastery can go up to 40m coin. I have 5 Demon skills that I spent a total of just 5-6m on. My main weapon is swords and secondary is axes (for HF purposes only).

Make sure to prioritize your skills. You do not need all of them in their demon version, especially those that you have not used since your 20's and 30's (if I'm not mistaken, Tiger Maw and Draw Blood are the ones everyone seem to not invest in after a while). Masteries are a must, as well as buffs and debuffs.

Don't choose the cheapest path, choose the one that fits your gaming style. Are you more offense then defense? Go Demon. Are you more defense then offense? Go Sage. They both have their pro's and con's.

I'm not a cash-shopper and generally a poor player, however with consistency and determination I got many of the skills I wanted. Do the same, and good luck!
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Demon has much more power then Sage. Sage has barely any more defense then Demon does. Probably like an extra 1k p def. But that doesn't effect you much at all. So I reccomend go demon. But not to brag or anything, I learned how to make money in-game just by sitting afk. I'll be max aps by the time PW has it's 3rd anniversary.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Demon used to be considered the cheaper path because the could reach 5.0 with 1 less piece of -int than a sage bm could.

Of course, that is assuming 5.0 aps is your goal. Sage skills and demon skills tend to be close to the same pricing overall. Less Sage BM books are made but they are also less sought after. Demon books are in abundance but the rarer ones have much higher prices (ie. Bell, HF, fist mastery...). I think for overall demon skills are a bit more expensive, but you are also less likely to use them and just spark and auto attack since skilling is more situational and less about damage output, because using skills normally reduces your DoT.

Overall the endgame Sage and Demon BM gear is close to the same with Sage effectiveness hinging on having all the -int and a few more skills, like sage cyclone, so I'd have to say its more expensive.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Demon used to be considered the cheaper path because the could reach 5.0 with 1 less piece of -int than a sage bm could.

Of course, that is assuming 5.0 aps is your goal. Sage skills and demon skills tend to be close to the same pricing overall. Less Sage BM books are made but they are also less sought after. Demon books are in abundance but the rarer ones have much higher prices (ie. Bell, HF, fist mastery...). I think for overall demon skills are a bit more expensive, but you are also less likely to use them and just spark and auto attack since skilling is more situational and less about damage output, because using skills normally reduces your DoT.

Overall the endgame Sage and Demon BM gear is close to the same with Sage effectiveness hinging on having all the -int and a few more skills, like sage cyclone, so I'd have to say its more expensive.

lolwut?

You're funny.

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well I'm gonna go demon then, I get a feeling the skills are about the same price. Thanks you very much everyone.
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!