Blazing Tempest Disscusion

Amencat - Sanctuary
Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Am i the only one who is pissed over the population of blazing tempest like no other mount ingame?

Have the impression that 50% of the ppl have anni mount the other 39% blazing tempest b:shocked

You still think its cool when everyone else have it? Or would you even trade it for a 11m/s Jaguar? (something special for admirer)

Same happened with Grand Lobster some months ago b:sad so cool animation and its hated now :(

You think the same will someday happen with Fly mounts like Dark Lords? b:shocked
Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
Post edited by Amencat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shneibel - Harshlands
    Shneibel - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Am i the only one who is pissed over the population of blazing tempest like no other mount ingame?

Have the impression that 50% of the ppl have anni mount the other 39% blazing tempest b:shocked

You still think its cool when everyone else have it? Or would you even trade it for a 11m/s Jaguar? (something special for admirer)

Same happened with Grand Lobster some months ago b:sad so cool animation and its hated now :(

You think the same will someday happen with Fly mounts like Dark Lords? b:shocked

for the first, i never like the grand lobster or the buble fish or w/e it call to begin with even when they are FOTM mount

blazing tempest is cool enough for me, even if there is a new mount, it ll have a different texture, different motion & same speed and will cost some of $
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    <doesn't like lobster mount.
    I don't have a blazing tempest, but yeh they seem to be quite common now just like the anni mount. (which I do have)
    On the other hand, I don't care what "other ppl have" or what is considered "rare" I like a frogling pet, so I use a frogling pet.
    I like my anni mount so I use my anni mount. I don't really mind if a lot of ppl have the same stuff I have. If I like it, I like it. That's most important since I'll be seeing it when I look at my screen.

Only mount besides anni mount I like (for my char) are kirins, horses and the boa anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Panther > Blazing Tempest
  • PineappleTea - Raging Tide
    PineappleTea - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    agreed!
    I can trade my blazing tempest for same speed panther or horse anytime and anywhere...
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Doesn't annoy me at all. I rock my Goldmane like a boss. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Best mount is by far the elephant.

ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Best mount is by far the elephant.

ijs.

I'm prepared to pointlessly argue with you over the inaccuracy of this post!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    I'm prepared to pointlessly argue with you over the inaccuracy of this post!

And I am prepared to argue with you! Have at it! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    And I am prepared to argue with you! Have at it! b:laugh

Goldmane Lion sparkles gold from it's tummy. Your elephant offers nothing, therefore it cannot be named the best mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Goldmane Lion sparkles gold from it's tummy. Your elephant offers nothing, therefore it cannot be named the best mount.

My mount can sit on your mount and crush it. Can yours do that? Nuh uh~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    My mount can sit on your mount and crush it. Can yours do that? Nuh uh~~

Your argument is invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Is it really that important how a mount looks? they all are 11 m/s and that`s what counts. b:bye
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I love my Blazing Tempest (and my Celestial Sage Tiger) & My Anni Mount. My Tideborn loves her lobster, and my Veno loves her Hurricane Whitewind. I like what I like regardless of what other people thinkg about it. I'm kind of glad that my favorite mounts are so commonplace, then I DON'T stand out in the crowd, yay. But I suppose it falls under the same concept as many things in life "OMG SO many people like it, I must rebel and say I don't just because its popular! I can't like it because then I won't be unique and people will think I like it just because everyone else does"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    personally, I have changed mounts many times in the last few days trying to find the 1 that is right for me. I started with an Ancient Kirin, switched to a Chieftains Battlecat, traded that for a Mammoth and bought a Nien Beast. After selling the Beast to a guild member for cost I traded the Mammoth for a Black Raptor.I liked all the mounts but until the raptor, non really fit my character right. The Black Raptor has become my favorite for now. (and for anyone that cares each mount was bought with in game coin or traded for)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Is it really that important how a mount looks? they all are 11 m/s and that`s what counts. b:bye

becaus they are all 11m ,plp start looking what one they like themself ahem example, kitty rides (tiger) shiny rides,.. etc b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Foxcreature - Harshlands
    Foxcreature - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i have had polaris snow cub, panther,lobster,quick ancesteral kirin x2, quick sika reindeer and crimson leaper. now i have my anni mount and have sold the others..deal with it, i dont see the point of keeping mounts when i can make money from them AND still get to run around at +11 speed just because i have played the game for over a year (goldmane lion excluded..that mount is fricken badass and when i get one i am never going to sell it...unless it goes in cash shop at some point.)

if i never had my anni mount i would have a 11speed panther/jaguar over a blaing tempest anyday but thats only because i prefer the way the panther/jaguar looks, not how many people have one. i noticed when i had my lobster that when you have a mount every other person you see on a mount seems to have the same mount as you.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]/Fox\-8x-cleric-main
    foxcreature-3x-veno-forum char
    StealthDemon-3x-sin-alt
    NoctusPsy-2x-psy-alt
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll stick with muh pretty Ninetails.

I remember when there was only like 1 or 2 of them on the entire server back in the PW-MY days:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Personally I'm disapointed with Blazing Tempest. I really don't like it's animation, and everytime I ride it I feel like I was to become seasick.
    I'll be selling mine, or trading it for Nien or same speed silver horse. Same goes for my black kirin :/

My foxie's got her fox, my psy got his lobster (although it glitches my graphics, displaing a line conecting it with screen corner) and I'd like a silver horse for my cleric. I'm already thinking about which mount to choose for my upcomming mystie, so I keep trying out different ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The only thing I really hate about the Blazing Tempest is how they pop-up on chat system message with annoying red text whenever someone opens some tiger pack; other than that, if people like what they have as mounts, then power to them. I'm happy with my Midnight (it matches my archer's fash)b:pleased and anni mounts.

Anyway, please PWI get that annoying red text message off my chat...That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I got a blazing from the packs few weeks ago, as i thought, AWESOME !! ... boy was i mistaken
    the damn thing sounds more like a horse than anything, have you ever listened to it when it runs !?

I still prefer my battlecat, ninetails and sparkly white horse over anything.
    Used to have a gold mane as well, very pretty, shame it wasnt technically mine. * eyes her husband's bank *

I think the battlecat is one of the mounts i rarely see on my server to be honest O.o ...
    that and the regular hellhound + tidal serpent ... would LOVE to have a tidel serpent sometime <3 *drool*
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The only thing I dislike about the Tempest is that its counterparts the Celestial Tigers are nothing more than a recolor of it...they should have been made after the actual tiger bosses from the event...

At this point I'd prefer a Panther to the tiger tbh
    Or a Kirin....<3 Kirins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The only thing I dislike about the Tempest is that its counterparts the Celestial Tigers are nothing more than a recolor of it...they should have been made after the actual tiger bosses from the event...

At this point I'd prefer a Panther to the tiger tbh
    Or a Kirin....<3 Kirins

I agree it does look repainted, I personally don't like it because when I see it something is just so off, but I can't quite pin down what it is.

I've gone with the Kirin then got tired of it, so I sold it and bough a Grand Lobster but I didn't like it all so I sold it and saved up for a Nien Beast and I could not be happier with it. It's big red and was the first mount I ever laid eyes on.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Purple Glowey Horse > All else. though, I like the battlecat a lot. I'm too lazy/poor to appropriate one yet, though. b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    my lobster black raptor and anni mount all pwn the tiger ijs b:chuckleb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Xareena - Dreamweaver
    Xareena - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The only thing I'm pissed about is how cheap the devs were to, quite literally, change the color of the blazing tempest and rename it sage/demon tiger mount. And ofc, it's rediculous price people demand for it. It's the same god damned size/shape/markings just in 2 different colors and it's worth 5 times more than a tempest? without being faster? or have completely different animations?

**** people are ****.
  • Aikawa_Rami - Sanctuary
    Aikawa_Rami - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    my lobster black raptor and anni mount all pwn the tiger ijs b:chuckleb:dirty

Yay someone who likes the black raptor ^w^. Like a lot of people said before, I really don't care what everyone else has/doesn't have. I like dinosaurs (regardless of the inaccuracies), I like black and add them together --> black raptor. I reckon it looks pretty nice coupled with my veno's TT90. The anni mount is nice too and while I could offer a few small complaints about its appearance, it's never good to look a gift horse (well dog... thing) in the mouth XD

I also like all of the big cat mounts. While my favourite big cat is the cheetah, it doesn't seem to be an available mount so I settled with the next best thing, a cheap Blazing Tempest from a friend xD.

... looking at my own comment has made me realise I like all the carnivorous mounts -_-" apart from the boa due to its weird animation when you jump with it <-- doesn't like elephants, pigs, mammoths, bulbfishes, kirins (their faces look weird in my opinion D:) or the PWI horses.
  • Soi_fong - Raging Tide
    Soi_fong - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I also am not a fan of any of the tiger mounts. I use to have a battlecat which I LOVE, but I sold it once I got my free anni mount. I do kinda miss my battlecat....but the anni mount had what the hellhound and b.cat missed for me. It was shinny b:chuckle The perfect mount for me would be a shinny version of the b.cat.

But the main things I dont like about the tigers. 1. the size. They are too big! Why do the tigers need to be twice the size of the panthers and b.cats? they just seem akward to me.
    2. Nothing is special about them in animation. Same animation as panther and b.cat. The b.cat at least has armor :P
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Hannibal had an elephant mount
    b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I was rocking the polaris cub until I got a black raptor in a really weird, but awesome trade. Now I love it lol. I didn't think I'd like it but I wanted something faster and figured I'd use it until I found something else but it really grew on me b:victory

The tempest is fine, but I, like many people...like to have things that aren't so common. Black raptor isn't worth a huge amount but you don't see them too often.

I'm still not sure if I want the celestial tiger or not. I feel bad for people who paid 30mil for one before this. But I'm in the same boat with the fashion, and I'm disappointed about that as well.

I think the mounts that aren't recolours are cool, even though I might not want one. I like the battlecat and the elephant. The mammoth is pretty cool too.

I think if I were to get a new mount, it would be between the fish and the celestial tiger.

oh, and I'm not a big fan of the lobster either b:chuckle
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I love my ninetails, it's all sparkly and pretty b:dirty The blazing tempest mount, when it's stationary, just looks like a stiff statue. I would probably like it more if it had other cooler animations. You would think a brand, shiny new mount would look more spectacular than that ._.

Also, the elephant mount is awesome, my veno has one and there are so little people that seem to appreciate it :(

My bf has the 11.0 panther and it's epic. :D More power to those that are still rocking the old-school, upgraded mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D