I need an advise

Options
Vitruvio - Raging Tide
Vitruvio - Raging Tide Posts: 62 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Archer
76 archer here.

I have been duelling a friend lately for fun. Is a 79 cleric who still don't have Glaives of Divinity but I am having problems to beat her.
She bought chromatic seal (the sleep skill) allowing her to use a good combo to reduce my magic resistance and break my shield with 1 wield thunder. Plus she got WoP too, so I can't burn her mana with normal attack nor skills quick enough (is using plume shell too).

I need an advise to break this defence in like... 5 seconds? I don't have a lot of time left when she take down my shell and wield thunder hurts...

Sorry for the bad english b:surrender
96 Blademaster - 89 Venomancer
81 Archer - 83 cleric
86 seeker...
Post edited by Vitruvio - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As soon as the duel starts, spark to become immune to the Chromatic Seal you know she'll be casting. Then break her plume shell with a stunning arrow, and channel a Deadly Shot while you still have spark power left.

I'd expect a one-shot kill.

Also, ask her for her cleric buffs before you start, if you want to tip the balance in your favour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Absolute Domain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If youy are losing to a cleric at those lvls i think you dont have any skill at all....

dont treat players like you do with mobsb:bye
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Deadly Shot? For real?
  • Vitruvio - Raging Tide
    Vitruvio - Raging Tide Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If youy are losing to a cleric at those lvls i think you dont have any skill at all....

dont treat players like you do with mobsb:bye

You are so helpfullb:thanks
    spark to become immune to the Chromatic Seal you know she'll be casting.
    Do I become immune to debuffs with double spark? I know about the damage immunity, but to debuffs?
    96 Blademaster - 89 Venomancer
    81 Archer - 83 cleric
    86 seeker...
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do I become immune to debuffs with double spark? I know about the damage immunity, but to debuffs?

Absolute Domain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    During the 2 seconds of invincibility everything is resisted...

Not sure about double, havnt used that since level 89
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As soon as the duel starts, spark to become immune to the Chromatic Seal you know she'll be casting. Then break her plume shell with a stunning arrow, and channel a Deadly Shot while you still have spark power left.

Alternatively, you can use elven alacrity to get some immunity to sleep. (Wings of Grace might also work, but I have not dueled enough to know how the timing works on that, but if you could cast it during the countdown, and if you do not run into bad lag issues, I think that should work.)

But deadly shot seems... well...

Ok, the advantage of deadly shot in a duel would be stacked ironhearts do no good once she has reached full health. The assumption here would be that your stunning arrow did little or no damage, and that the cleric has stacked some ironhearts, and that your dps is low enough to be an issue against stacked ironhearts. And those are probably valid assumptions but they might not always be valid.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Use wings of grace at the start then stun arrow + normal shots. If they get plume shell up try using your metal skills since those go through plume shell (lead with thundershock to lower their metal defense first). If they channel tempest put up a wing shell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I suggest Wings of Grace at the start followed by stunning arrow -> normal shot. If you're caught in a Chromatic seal before your stun gets off simply wait for the next attack to almost be done channeling(most likely Tempest) and hit Absolute Domain the second before the attack makes contact. Then stun and you should have no issues :3
    On indefinite hiatus :3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, I assumed OP was at the level where Deadly Shot > Take Aim, but completely forgot the possibility of Ironhearts, which is kind of essential, no? ^^

Yeah, I'd normal shot. Teppeii, why WoG? It takes so long to channel, would the Chromatic Seal not have hit by then? I would use a spark because of the faster cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I'd normal shot. Teppeii, why WoG? It takes so long to channel, would the Chromatic Seal not have hit by then? I would use a spark because of the faster cast.

Well if it's a duel, you can start casting it as soon as the countdown starts :x
    On indefinite hiatus :3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well if it's a duel, you can start casting it as soon as the countdown starts :x

Meh. I guess it's personal preference. I'd rather not show that I'm going for an attack resist. The damage reduction would be helpful, though...

I need to go duel some clerics. >> I'm sadly lacking in PvP experience at this point, but there's no way I'm binding FF85. Maybe I'll take my 9x levels real slow and bind my TT90 green... well, it's green for a reason. Anyway, I'm derailing, don't mind me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn