Movement: Keyboard vs. Mouse

Aegiss - Raging Tide
Aegiss - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
Enjoy the game. Very nicely put together. Not why I am posting this.

Using a KB is fine, however would like the option to use the mouse as the main means for movement in the world. R-click for looting, L-click for NPC or Character interaction & Holding L&R mouse buttons to move forward, at least, in world. Camera can still function the same way either in movement or standing still, by holding down the R mouse button. (Clicking on the ground is just so 1990's mmo's).

W.A.S.D. keys can be kept for those who don't know a better way of movement or even the Arrow Keys. (Again a throw back to 90's mmo character movement).

Just curious to see others view points on this, as a viable means of movement through the PWI world. Have Fun.

Peace b:bye
Post edited by Aegiss - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That sounds a lot more complicated than the traditional setup games have for mouse movement..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    however would like the option to use the mouse as the main means for movement in the world. R-click for looting, L-click for NPC or Character interaction & Holding L&R mouse buttons to move forward, at least, in world

You can already use left click for all those things. L-click a dropped item, you pick it up. L-click a npc to open the interaction window. L-click a spot on the ground, you run to it. What's the problem? This is how the devs set it up and that's how they want it.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Aegiss - Raging Tide
    Aegiss - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Holding L&R mouse buttons to move forward -
    (Clicking on the ground is just so 1990's mmo's).

W.A.S.D. keys can be kept for those who don't know a better way of movement or even the Arrow Keys. (Again a throw back to 90's mmo character movement).

This was primarily about movement, Tygurr, i see simplicity is definitely it's own reward.

Here are 2 games that allow movement with the Mouse (all you do is go in to setup to change the function) without having to "CLICK" on the ground to run or have to hold down keys such as w.a.s.d. or the arrow keys. e.g. Guild Wars, WoW.
    As for the other, was just outlining what could be kept as mouse functions. L2R & decipher.

If in the end all you know is simplicity, all you can ever expect is a simple life. If there is anyone out there that "actually" has a "real" position to add to the above post made. Please by all means lets hear it.

Peace b:bye
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Enjoy the game. Very nicely put together. Not why I am posting this.

Using a KB is fine, however would like the option to use the mouse as the main means for movement in the world.

Okay.

R-click for looting,

L-click already loots.

L-click for NPC or Character interaction

This is already in effect.

W.A.S.D. keys can be kept for those who don't know a better way of movement

Implying that having your entire mouse tied up with movement and being unable to respond to any monster threats is an improvement over using one hand to control movement with WASD and the other to use the mouse for whatever purpose you wish.

& Holding L&R mouse buttons to move forward, at least, in world. Camera can still function the same way either in movement or standing still, by holding down the R mouse button. (Clicking on the ground is just so 1990's mmo's).

That's because it works. Let's take any popular MMO that doesn't allow WASD movement - I'd name a few off the top of my head were it not against the rules.

Millions of people play these games just by click-moving, because that's how the game's built. These games have been around for ages, which is probably why. To be honest, I think that the real nod to archaic MMO tendencies is the want for every control to be tied up into one mouse, allowing for no keyboard versatility.

But that's just my two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • willko747
    willko747 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That sounds a lot like the World of ******** movement correlating to the mouse... And I like that idea. I have gotten so familiar with that setup that I immediately stopped playing perfect world like a year ago (after trying it for about ten minutes). A couple of days ago I got one of the emails from PWI and forgot it was such a beautiful game. I downloaded it and started to play again only to remember how disappointed I was at the annoying click on the ground to move there button assignment (THIS IS SO ANNOYING). So I don't know if I will play it due to this movement configuration. WOW mouse movement setup is the greatest & the new Star Wars T.O.R. is very similar so I think I'll just stick with those games. But I would play Perfect World in a second if they did implement mouse movement comparable to WOW. Please add this feature... Please.