recasting ._.

Options
RioNHale - Archosaur
RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
If I was to Recast my +8 1 primeval +1% crit stone socketed Ashura of Purgatory tt100 poleaxe,

Into Wheel of Warfog G15 Nirvana Dual Axes,

Would I keep the Shards/Refines for X chienkun stones (I think 150) and how would this process work?

I have heard it rumoured a lot, that i can keep the sockets and shards and refines using the stones during a recast, but I want to be 100% positive before I try it. b:shocked
★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
Post edited by RioNHale - Archosaur on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Fuzzy is 100% sure you can keep sockets, shards and refines if you are prepared to get the chienkun stones to do so. It is the same with armour when you want to cast and/or quench it.

The way it works is that when you take your weapon (or gear) to the nirvana forges and drop it in along with your 230 raptures (or 100 uncanny's or whatever) a handy-dandy new window will pop up asking you what you would like to keep. The option for sockets, shards and refines are all there. If you put a "Y" in the box at the end of the question it will then show you how many chienkun's are required for that specific option.

If you answer yes to them all, you will get an exact total of the amount of stones needed. Then, have no fear, if you don't have enough (or have a heart-attack at the realization of how many you need) you can always still cancel the operation at that point. You still have the option to either run and get a few more chienkun's or to change your mind.

b:thanks

..also, might help to be aware that if for whatever reason you decide to roll the dice and not secure your 2nd socket from the Ashura you could loose it. If it gets downgraded to 1 socket, thats all there is too it unless you use socket stones to gain it back. Re-rolling the weapon for new add's will have no effect on the number of sockets.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

..also, might help to be aware that if for whatever reason you decide to roll the dice and not secure your 2nd socket from the Ashura you could loose it. If it gets downgraded to 1 socket, thats all there is too it unless you use socket stones to gain it back. Re-rolling the weapon for new add's will have no effect on the number of sockets.

Ty so much for the awesome answer fuzzy, just a few quick extra questions,

you say here that re-rolling (I assume quenching?) the weapon, in case idk,

I get +18 magic, 2% crit and 30% accuracy on my WoW axes, (an undesirable thought),

and I wanted God of frenzy, att lvl, and crit of some orientation,

If I was to quench for 7 raptures to try and aquire those stats, would I lose the refines? or shards? or would it simply change the adds, gambling for that almighty zerk without affecting refines sockets and shards?
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    From what the panda understands, once you have the 2nd stage axe (the one you asking about goes directly there) for the 7 rapture re-roll it only changes the add's on the weapon.

Once you have your shards, sockets, and refine in place with the Wheel or Warfog, all you get for 7 raptures is a chance at a different set of proc's.

However, be careful and don't treat this as gospel. Fuzzy hasn't yet managed to collect 230 raptures to take his own axe to Nirvana so me is not 100% on this.

Further input from any of our barb brethren would be more than welcome to answer this question once and for all for the sanity of many of us others.

b:victory
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Alright thanks again for the help,
    I just got the first cast of my nirvana leggings so I saw what you meant with the chienkun stone transfer screen/box, and I used some to transfer the refines, and im assuming I will have to do it again for the 2nd cast >.<

wtb chienkuns @ 10% boutique price b:cry

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im assuming I will have to do it again for the 2nd cast >.<

That would indeed be the case. b:surrender
    Sig by NowItsAwn