which pet to get

Syryna - Harshlands
Syryna - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
Ok i just got my venomancer up to level 3 and now i have a choice of what pet to get. Should i get the scorpion or the wolfing?
Post edited by Syryna - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ok i just got my venomancer up to level 3 and now i have a choice of what pet to get. Should i get the scorpion or the wolfing?

The wolf is fluffy.
    The scorpion can last you right up to the end of the game.
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The scorp is one of the best damage dealing pets available (the other being the dark wanderer), so as stated above it would still be useful to you at higher levels.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It can be useful, but honestly: When do you ever see a high level veno bothering to use a Scorpion besides me? Eventually it will not be worth the effort for most to keep it leveled.

I had gone with the wolf when I chose. I found better pets and left it behind without any second thoughts.

Either one can be tamed after your quest btw.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    It can be useful, but honestly: When do you ever see a high level veno bothering to use a Scorpion besides me? Eventually it will not be worth the effort for most to keep it leveled.

I must bow to your greater experience with higher levels, as my veno is only 59 at the moment. But I can't help but think your quibble is something of semantics regarding "high levels." Over the course of the levels I've played through, I have not had any trouble keeping 4 pets up to level, and have been able to use each pet in different situations each one was uniquely suited for. So even if the TS decides to go with the herc/nix at endgame and say to heck with leveling anything else, I would think a DD pet (ala the scorpion) would be a decent investment at intermediate levels... especially since he/she won't be getting leg. pets until later levels unless he/she is willing to cash shop it or has another, already leveled char to finance it from.
    tweakz wrote:
    I had gone with the wolf when I chose. I found better pets and left it behind without any second thoughts.

Either one can be tamed after your quest btw.

Excellent point. Regardless of which pet the TS goes with, it really isn't a problem to switch if the chosen pet is unsatisfactory. I used a Seamonster Guardian until mid-high 40s, at which point I switched to a Dark Wanderer, which I tamed and trained up from base level (level 10, iirc).
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    as i know,at low lvls it doesn't matter which pet u choose,but i've seen more venos with a wolf than a scorp,however when u reach lvl 19 i'd like to say that it's better for u to get or buy a gw(glacial walker),a useful pet,used as a 2nd tank after herc.
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    not many know this, but Petite Sawfly will become a better dammage dealer on higher lvls, but you can't take it inside dungeons. b:bye
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    as i know,at low lvls it doesn't matter which pet u choose,but i've seen more venos with a wolf than a scorp,however when u reach lvl 19 i'd like to say that it's better for u to get or buy a gw(glacial walker),a ueful pet,used as a 2nd tank after herc.

If you have a Herc, there is little to no use for a walker. A range pet would make a better alternative tank.
    edited December 2010
    If you have a Herc, there is little to no use for a walker. A range pet would make a better alternative tank.

yes,u're right,but idt evreybody in game wanna spend 200$ or a lot of mil. of coins to buy a herc that's why i said gw b:victory
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    yes,u're right,but idt evreybody in game wanna spend 200$ or a lot of mil. of coins to buy a herc that's why i said gw b:victory

You can earn one just by playing the game. Lower levels shouldn't be discouraged. People have been on here discouraging people from getting Legendary pets since they came out -for no reason! The stronger you get: the faster you generate income. The more you know the market and build capital: the faster you generate income.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yea scope is good petb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
    edited December 2010
    You can earn one just by playing the game. Lower levels shouldn't be discouraged. People have been on here discouraging people from getting Legendary pets since they came out -for no reason! The stronger you get: the faster you generate income. The more you know the market and build capital: the faster you generate income.

then i suppose u got a herc other ways than paying $$ to the game or lots of mil of coins in game?if so tell me how u got ur herc i f u have one or how a player can get one without paying $$ or mils of coins
  • tweakz
    edited December 2010
    then i suppose u got a herc other ways than paying $$ to the game or lots of mil of coins in game?if so tell me how u got ur herc i f u have one or how a player can get one without paying $$ or mils of coins

Already told. Play the game.
  • Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
    Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Im sorry but asking to be fed with a silver spoon is quite pathetic, if you don't know how to generate capitol and power trade at your level then you sir fail.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:laugh lawl i only see troll texts o.o

plz stop QQing about legdary pets thay are just Item in ** game, and its NOT in rlb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL