Wiz or Psychic for Rank 9?

Options
2»

Comments

• Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @xqueenfoolish Damage isn't everything in PvE. Wizards are proven to nuke faster then a Psy with having no channeling for 6 seconds, being able to reduce magic resistance by 60%, a physical damage nuke, and super hard hitting bids.

If you use black voodo, the person ur killing can just use AD and one shot you. Pro wizzies are able to have 10k p def and kite like crazy. I have way to much experiences with wizzies i cant catch or nuke me with sultra.

You realize black voodoo only makes you take like 10% more damage and that 10 def level shards (or the r9 set bonuses) more than make up for the deficit?

Also, to change my stance a bit: getting rank 9 makes you overpowered. Period. Anything not wearing rank 9 has no chance against you unless it's 5APS +12 daggers and you get stunlocked.

It's seriously ridiculous. My rank 8 mage got hit for 21k by a r9 mage using will of the phoenix today. No amp, no undine. That's 10.5 raw damage. I literally am a 1 shot to everything in this mage's arsenal.

So mage or psychic? Who cares. You both have range and your fast-casting skills will be more than enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    from 52 votes 26 went wizy and other 26 to psi...i chose psi cause i like his defensive skills like a loottt
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    psy simply because in pvp dian worries me more than any other rank9 player
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    get a rank 9 psy over a wiz. its not even a competition.
    \

holy mother of **** women, you cant make a single post without dubbing someone as yulks baby or mentioning his name can u? for someone that "hates" him alot you sure do say his name more times then my gf says my name in bed. go make love to him on ur own time geez.

btw, according to your dumbass and inaccurate logic a person can learn the game just by being on forums and never playing. newsflash, you are wrong. the forums will NEVER be a good source of experience compared to actually PLAYING THE GAME.

the ppl that think game is dead have no reason to be playing it. so if they are not playing it they have no idea about recent events just as lutricia explained. God i swear you are one the biggest trolls on these forums. the fact that you are able to annoy even me says something about that fact.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.............................etc etc etc

so facking annoying is born free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If money was no issue, I'd probably go for rank 9 for just the armor. I'm a stubborn crit whoor who hates the -10% channeling add on the weapon though. I'd take the crit over the channeling. Although I kinda understand why it's channeling and not crit...crit and +30 attack level...hm. b:bye

But anyways, it's all relative. So many people ask this question and other variations of it, and there is no real answer. Just pick one you won't get sick of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rank9 wizard

because they hit harder than rank9 psy with black vodoo and still can take few hits...b:surrender
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As much as I hate to say this, r9 psy >>>>>>> r9 wiz.

Refine an r9 wep to +12 and you get 53k soulforce. Just spam Red tide everywhere and watch everyone who got hit by the aoe, barbs included, bleed to death.

Even soul of vengeance would kill aps bms attacking you with your white voodoo up, you dont even need soulburn to do it at that point.

There's just no comparison when you have skills like that.
  • Net_LorD - Harshlands
    Net_LorD - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Personally i have played a bit of every class in this game and it his my humble opinion that both are good as rank 9 dds whoever i see a slightly advantage on the Psy coz of the soulfource and their vodoos and i will remind you that a demon psy reflect 12% of is soulfource instead of 8 % which on a full rank 9 Psy can be quite letal you just use white vodoo and wait while they kill thenmself b:chuckle Good luck and have fun this a game not a hospital for **** ppl that keep complaining about the game and yet still play our complain on the forunms .
    b:bye
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If it was TW, I would prefer to have an army +12 rank 9 psychics than wiz. Cata pullers would be harder to kill with 50k+ soulforce powered silence and reflect buffs.

Nothing wrong with a rank 9 wiz, but they don't really need it to one shot people.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • FnBaronHero - Dreamweaver
    FnBaronHero - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Psy vs Wiz is, really, a stupid argument. So, please stop having it, let's talk about r9. Both are arcane DDs but that's where the comparison stops.
    R9 is arguable better for psys than for wiz, because it's a bigger 'jump' from endgame psy as compared to endgame wiz, PvP, as a psy, wiz are some of the funnest classes to play with just because of how different yet equal we are.
    If I had to pick, I'd say psychics are "better" at end, end, END game (r9 refined that is), just because of hax soulforce skills, but if anyone seriously thinks they can take the hits of a r9 psy or wizard for very long, you have serious, serious problems. Taking hits yourself, no matter what class you are, is just a matter of refine and shard, so wizzy pdef, or psye voodoo in a TW or PK arena, aren't something any class wants to come up against without some serious arcane popping power.
    If any wizzies, or any other class, wanna tell me otherwise, come find me at OT Dreamweaver.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    uh uh, r9 has nothing to do with soulforce. you can have 50+ as a lvl1 psy with a full +12
    set...

yes, the belt gives 2500 soulforce but cannot be refined so it makes up. yeah, it saves u a +12 item but we are talking about full +12 sets here... 1 more +!2 wont really make a difference

tl;dr: psy for full +12 set, r9, r8, r1; doesnt matter soulforce-wise
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    uh uh, r9 has nothing to do with soulforce. you can have 50+ as a lvl1 psy with a full +12
    set...

yes, the belt gives 2500 soulforce but cannot be refined so it makes up. yeah, it saves u a +12 item but we are talking about full +12 sets here... 1 more +!2 wont really make a difference

tl;dr: psy for full +12 set, r9, r8, r1; doesnt matter soulforce-wise

That is wrong too. The equation is part level and part refines. According to pwcalc since i dont feel like looking up the equation, a lvl 1 psy naked has 51 soulforce. A lvl 101 psy naked has 15251 soulforce. You can get high at lvl 1, but not as high.

My question is why spend all that money to +10/12 anything other than r9 gear. It seems like it costs about as much to +12 gear as it does to get r9, but the jump from r8/nv to r9 is crazy. And then work on refines rather than be stuck with good refines on worse gear.
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I voted Wizard. Distance Shrink being the difference maker for me. Usually how you deal with OP people in TW is just to gank them massively xD I find that a lot harder to do against a wizzy who can instantly jump to the back lines pretty consistently.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Pssssst....it's called: "Forums" Even if some of the information is over-exaggerated, some of it is still accurate provided you listen to the right people. (Which doesn't include you. At all. Quite the opposite.) You'd be surprised how well people can keep up.
    I know, difficult concept. Try not to hurt yourself.

I suggest not arguing with her; she'll eventually get bored and crawl back under her bridge until she decides to open her big mouth again. She's basically the Yulk of Harshlands, just ignore her and she'll go and cry in her little corner, or bytch some more about Zulu. She whines so much that she shyts Q's.

Sorry but this is one of the most pathetic posts on the forums that I have seen, ever. There is so much passive aggressive condescencion. And now I'll probably get a typical passive aggressive response about spelling condescension wrong.
    Psy vs Wiz is, really, a stupid argument. So, please stop having it, let's talk about r9. Both are arcane DDs but that's where the comparison stops.
    R9 is arguable better for psys than for wiz, because it's a bigger 'jump' from endgame psy as compared to endgame wiz, PvP, as a psy, wiz are some of the funnest classes to play with just because of how different yet equal we are.
    If I had to pick, I'd say psychics are "better" at end, end, END game (r9 refined that is), just because of hax soulforce skills, but if anyone seriously thinks they can take the hits of a r9 psy or wizard for very long, you have serious, serious problems. Taking hits yourself, no matter what class you are, is just a matter of refine and shard, so wizzy pdef, or psye voodoo in a TW or PK arena, aren't something any class wants to come up against without some serious arcane popping power.
    If any wizzies, or any other class, wanna tell me otherwise, come find me at OT Dreamweaver.

Also, this. Wizzies have burst damage in TW. Psys have more overall constant damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Since the question is in general and not referring to a specific instance like TW psychic>wizard. Even in TW both are awesome but wiz may have the advantage of AoE range and its kiting ability. But then again it is hell to kill a R9 psy.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My Demon psy plans to have almost 40% critical (maybe more idk). Its a bit inconsistent but will be amazing burst damage. And eventually at r9, the only things that probably wont die right away are barbs, but 15 seconds of constant damage with a 40% chance to burst each hit should be pretty scary.

And in this forum we are really just debating between uber and uber +1 (no verdict on which the +1 is)
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Demon psy are nice cause of critical. with demon landslide my crit rate goes to 67% for 4 sec. I can get a single and and aoe skill off in that time. Its nice when you got lots of enemies around you in TW when you landslide then sandburst blast and everyone dies from one shot's including barbs. My crits go anywhere from 25k to 40k depending on how well the barbs are equipped. I'm pure magic and on the squishy side but with 134 attack lvl it's nice. Soon i'll have 150 attack lvl but need me cape, helm, and necklace to get it.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Demon psy are nice cause of critical. with demon landslide my crit rate goes to 67% for 4 sec. I can get a single and and aoe skill off in that time. Its nice when you got lots of enemies around you in TW when you landslide then sandburst blast and everyone dies from one shot's including barbs. My crits go anywhere from 25k to 40k depending on how well the barbs are equipped. I'm pure magic and on the squishy side but with 134 attack lvl it's nice. Soon i'll have 150 attack lvl but need me cape, helm, and necklace to get it.

How many defense levels are you sacrificing to get 150 attack? That really feels like overkill to me.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The answer here is pretty easy R9 psy >>>> R9 wiz.

The reason for this is

a) R9 wizards lose -chan when they go for full R9 and only taking parts of R9 like the weapon is no alternative since you will lose the set bonus effects. Psychics also lose -chan but since their spells dont have high channeling times right from the beginning it doesnt reduce their overall casting speed that much

b) R9 psychic gets a lot more attack lvl from wearing R9 Fullset and since +1 att lvl = +1% dmg having 40-50 att lvls more does matter. You can already see the difference between % weapon dmg and + att lvls without a r9 set where the psy already starts outdmging the wizard in terms of DPH

c) The cooldowns and chi requirements for wiz aoes are a lot higher than for psy aoes and the non chi aoes for the wiz have horrible coolddown so you can not spam lets say will of the phoenix hailstorm will of the phoenix hailstorm whereas the psychic can + gets effects like stun on them for which wiz needs 2 spark skills. = Psy can attack faster than the wiz too not only hitting harder

greetz harm0wnie
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The answer here is pretty easy R9 psy >>>> R9 wiz.

The reason for this is

a) R9 wizards lose -chan when they go for full R9 and only taking parts of R9 like the weapon is no alternative since you will lose the set bonus effects. Psychics also lose -chan but since their spells dont have high channeling times right from the beginning it doesnt reduce their overall casting speed that much

You can still get to -32% or so channel if you want. How much more can you get if you don't use r9?

b) R9 psychic gets a lot more attack lvl from wearing R9 Fullset and since +1 att lvl = +1% dmg having 40-50 att lvls more does matter. You can already see the difference between % weapon dmg and + att lvls without a r9 set where the psy already starts outdmging the wizard in terms of DPH

Both sets grant the same attack level bonuses. In fact, all r9 sets have the same set bonuses and the individual pieces just change around stats a bit.Psy can get 22 more atk level than an equally geared wiz due to Black Voodoo, but that is only part of the time as people try and bait u to switch out of white. Although I am not arguing that PSY dph sucks, wizard will probably outdamage non demon psy outside of crit% comparisons.

c) The cooldowns and chi requirements for wiz aoes are a lot higher than for psy aoes and the non chi aoes for the wiz have horrible coolddown so you can not spam lets say will of the phoenix hailstorm will of the phoenix hailstorm whereas the psychic can + gets effects like stun on them for which wiz needs 2 spark skills. = Psy can attack faster than the wiz too not only hitting harder

I will give you this one, I can aoe spam so fast on tidal psy sometimes and i doubt wizzie could ever catch up. Chi can still suck for psy, but there are only a few skills to use it with. Earth vector only costs 1 and stuns. I wouldn't use red tide all the time as people have blood clot on their genies now anyway. Unless I have chi pots, i use most of my sparks on Psychic will and Tidal Spirit anyway.

greetz harm0wnie

My comments are in red. I don't play wiz, but i feel that you are discounting them at every turn. Our spells might be good, but theirs probably do more damage overall. The point that I will argue that Psy > Wiz will only occur if both classes can oneshot cata barbs and stuff, cuz at that points its win vs win more. Now the opportunity to have 147-152 def level with JoSD in r9 is pretty incredible, but from my calculations thats a bit overkill for anything with less than 100 attack level and you are better sharding a couple garnets into your armor to get more resistance to physical damage.

Personally, I think Psy > Wiz, but its not by such a large margin as you make it out to be.