shorter deleting time

lenc
lenc Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Suggestion Box
I don't know about you but, for me, 7 day of waiting to delete a character is wwwaayyy to long. I understand the goal of having a little time for deleting a character but 7 day...but why not 1 or 3 day instead? I'm asking this because its not the first time i'm deleting a character and there's probably alot of other poeple who want the same thing as me. 7 day... i can stop playing while waiting to delete my character because i WANT to play with a specific class but my character su... bore me. So, please could you shorter the deleting time (or even remove it!)?

With all respect,

-Lencelo

P.S.: By the way, personal request, i'm deleting my cleric and i was wandering if you could delete her right aways? I'm SURE that i want to start a new cleric. Thank you.
Post edited by lenc on

Comments

• Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2010
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    7 days is quite reasonable.. some people play only in weekends.
    if you want to play another char, make another char and play... the limit is 8 chars in one account and you can always create more in some other account...
  • lenc
    edited December 2010
    1. i already have 8 character and create an other account is not needed whene i can have all my character on 1account.

2. i know that some poeple play only in the week-end but don't think in a selfish way and say that 7 day is alright because YOU can only play in the week-end. if the deleting time is shorter, everyone will be happy! those who can play in the week will not have to wait 7 day but only 1 or 3 day and even those who play only in the week-end will be happy! ok, for example, you start deleting a character sunday right before you go to sleep. you'll have to wait not 7 but 8 day (a full week and a day) before your character is deleted but, remeber, you start deleting your character before going to sleep last week... so your character will be deleted a the same hours you click on the ``delete`` button the week ago... so you'll have too wait an other week before start playing with that so wanted character. but if it was 3 day instead of 8, you wouldn't have to wait 2 week! ok someone can take you old character name during the week but, if you have enough imagination, you create an other one... and if you'r not... well take your real name and mix the letter to create an other one.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the point of having the delay is

1)prevent char deletion if someone **** into your account.
    so in your scenario if someone **** into his account on monday.. he's screwed xd

2)be certain that you want to delete your char.
    if the guy in your scenarioo regrets it on monday.. too late

on the other hand i find your case extreme.
    you have 8 chars and suddenly realize that you dont want to play any of them?
  • lenc
    edited December 2010
    lol that almost like it... i can't play with the same character for long without being bored by that charatcer and , right now, my cleric is the character that should have my attention but i boost her realy bad and i have an new character idea, but that not the point.

i know that delay may be useful for hundred of reason (it save my character from a ``mistakeful pressing delete bouton`` a few time at the start and it could have save a few of my character in other game) BUT 8 day is too long. like i've said, 3 day should be enough and if, by any possible reason, you regret deleting that character... it's you'r fault! you had to think twice before deleting him/her and you had 3 day to think about it! and about the **** stuff, well... it's sure that its boring too se that your character have being deleted because of a no life guy/girl who realy want to see your character deleted. but if he could go right in your account to delete your character, he could change the password and the e-mail adress that belong to you're account at the same time! and have all you're high lvl character for him/herself.

so think about it: no delay is dangerous but 8 day is too long... so what is the best? none of them! 3 day is just good for almost everyone for make this game a real perfect world (sick joke, i know...)
  • Malpractice - Harshlands
    Malpractice - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I also don't like the 7 day time..
    I think it should ask us our password on deletion, and make it 48 hours.
    Thats ample time to consider it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a rockin' sig?
    Pm me homie.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lenc wrote: »
    but if he could go right in your account to delete your character, he could change the password and the e-mail adress that belong to you're account at the same time! and have all you're high lvl character for him/herself.

This info is incorrect. There is no e-mail change option on your account and I'm sure I read somewhere that you can only change it through customer support,and the person needs to know your security question. (link to post here). In addition to the security question, you need to answer that in order to change your password too, so if the hacker doesn't know the security answer, they can't change your password or e-mail address that is linked to your account.

However, I understand people are in the process of trying out different builds and different classes, but it doesn't hurt to create a tester account(s) for that purpose and keeping your main one the one you want to play. It only takes a couple minutes to create a new e-mail (say it be with yahoo, gmail or hotmail), so to calculate your wait time difference, I'd rather spend 30 minutes creating another "test" account than to wait 3 days for my account to be cleared of characters that I don't care for.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • lenc
    edited December 2010
    yeah, its sure that having a test account maybe useful for some reason but for those, like me, who prefere having 1 account... the deleting time is quite too long. and, anyway, fixing this shouldn't be realy long. i mean, you go in the game programme, change the time and put it in the next patch. i made some little game with some programme like RPG maker, and this kind of thing is not realy long too change, normaly.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lenc wrote: »
    yeah, its sure that having a test account maybe useful for some reason but for those, like me, who prefere having 1 account... the deleting time is quite too long. and, anyway, fixing this shouldn't be realy long. i mean, you go in the game programme, change the time and put it in the next patch. i made some little game with some programme like RPG maker, and this kind of thing is not realy long too change, normaly.

Again, PWE has no control over game codes (correct me if I'm wrong). It's the game developers in China that are doing the codes and the Chinese would need to do the code and then export to PWE to get the new codes working on international servers. It's not like PWE can go, "oh, we're going to change this this this this this, etc. because one person suggested it on our suggestion box." Honestly, I rather have them fix the major bugs first before they even get to this.

To think about game codes, think about the DQ items... it took them nearly months to get responses and works from China to get to the point where we're getting DP for selling DQs and for such a minor issue/suggestion post that had been around this board before, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Aegiss - Raging Tide
    Aegiss - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Agreed a shorter deletion time would be nice.
    Test account not needed (unless you like wasting time on characters you don't plan to use).
    Coding for this is really a simple fix & doesn't require more than a few minutes to do.(even the programmers in China know this).
    Adding a confirmation box is a viable means of character deletion. The idea of using the security question "answer " is a good idea. 24 to 48 hours is plenty of time to change your mind if you choose not to delete said character.
    As for hacking, if you allow others to know your account info, then yes, you deserve to be ****. There are enough security protocols in place to prevent this, (if you use them correctly), 1st line of defense is the user. Don't go to "off" sites, as many know they usually contain keylogger or hacking programs. Nuff said.

Anyway we are here to have fun in the end. If a character is not fun then one should be able to remove said character in a timely manner. 7 days is a bit of a stretch.

Peace b:bye
  • Taichii - Lost City
    Taichii - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i agree 7 days can be really annoying, maybe if they make it if you sign on for 3 days and press delete it deletes after the 3 days.... also the password idea is a good idea.. as long as delete password is different to account password