Blademaster level 38 still using Perfect Officer's Dualhammer from Supply Stash 20

RfIcopter - Harshlands
RfIcopter - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I'm a level 38 blademaster and I'm still using the Perfect Officer's Dualhammers. Should I stick with these for a while or should I be using a different weapon?
I am an axe/hammer barb.
Post edited by RfIcopter - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Depends if you want the good weapons earlier or later

I recommend later because 60 and 70 are slightly drawn out grind wise.

80 is usually Frost City.

At 50 you'll mainly be doing BHs and Crazy Stones.

Also depends if you want to hang around at any specific level areas or dungeons.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The level 37 Pisces Tail Handaxes are better bought from a blacksmith, so yes, you should be using a different weapon. And make up your mind, are you
    a level 38 blademaster
    or
    an axe/hammer barb
    ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • RfIcopter - Harshlands
    RfIcopter - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LOL Its because I've been a barb for so long and I haven't got used to being a blademaster. b:chuckle
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lol, I had an axe hammer barb, called roflcopter, who used lv20 stash hammers until 40 o.o

Anyway, it depends on whether you have a JJ blessing. The blessing will let you use officers dualhammer comfortably until 50, where you can switch to raging lion claws (quest reward), before finally getting your first TT weapon at 60. That's the cheapest route.

You can sometimes find rather nice Pieces Tail Handaxes for a good price in the Auction House. Having a browse through each day when you log on for gear your level is always worth it.

If you're doing BH's and CS daily, legendary weapons aren't really worth it, unless you find them at a bargain price, in which case you can use them until you outlevel them, and re-sell for the exact same price (pretty much zero cost)
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    At the moment, you should be fine. However, do any of your characters have a blacksmith skill? Because then you could make more updated regular axes/hammers for practically free if you wanted to and you have a chance to make a 3* one.

This all reminds me of the time I was in a bh59 on an alt and our squad had a 70s cleric with the perfect military magic sword, claiming she didn't have the money to make at least the TT60 magic sword o_O An extreme example I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D