Legit Class TW guide for RT.

Russiee - Raging Tide
Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Tideswell (East)
So laik the new generation of R8 noobs needs to be taught to TW. This guide should help.

Archers

First of all, forget Rank 8 bows, and equip a Windcatcher. Make sure you are sage. This 20m difference compared to the demon 14m is incredibly overpowered. To make up for the difference, they would have to take like 2 steps towards us, and because your xbows will be +10 or higher, (they are aren't they? If not reroll.) you should kill them by the time they reach melee range.

Obviously, I should go over some tips for Archers.

When in TW, always fly. you do 50% less damage and take the full 100%, so flying is the best option. Barrage from the air onto ground targets is vital in taking out massive groups of enemies.

Deadly Shot must be level 11. This is your No.1 skill in taking out those Heavy Classes. The skill looks like a glowing red dot. As it is red, this means it does fire damage, and therefore great for heavy classes!

You must max (or even better get to level 11), your vicious arrow, serrated arrow and Stormrage Eagleon. The DoT from these skills aids you in taking out your enemy much more than auto attack at 0.95 aps ever would. So this is also a must.

If you have fists, then restat to the highest level fists you can, wear these in TW, and pull a catapult. You may have only 4k HP, but the 20% Damage Reduction from Sage spark will reduce all their attacks to around 2 damage, making you nearly invincible. And people said Sage Spark was worthless. You can now laugh in their face.

ARCHERS ARE NOT DD CLASSES IN TW!! This is the most important rule to remember. We are not supposed to DD others! We are supposed to be focus fired, and then we must talk about how OP we are. The most amazing archer in this server, currently has 105 kills from a year of playing. 105 kills is definately an achievement! Unlike those other pathetic fail archers with over 2k kills because they think "DDing" is an important job. Pfft. Leave that to the BM's Por favor.

Your build must be full vit, with enough strength to wield the highest level fists, and enough dex to wear the Windcatcher crossbow, use full TT99 LA armour (yes including ornaments) for a nifty 3% crit bonus.

Clerics

NO.1 TIP FOR CLERICS. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HEAL. YOU ARE METAL MAGES.

That's right. Don't bother learning any heal skills. Leave them at 1, and save up for Stream of Rejuvenation. Even though it has an incredibly long casting time that someone stun you out of at any second, it heals the most amount of damage, and takes alot of MP for it. Even though Ironheart technically heals better, you aren't here to heal, simply use up MP casting incredibly ridiculous spells.

You don't need Plume Shell at all. Guardian Light is also worthless. Level up Thunderball. Even max it! Again, like I said for Archers, the DoT will assist you in taking out those pesky Wizards! Wizards are Robe Armour. Following the laws of *********, Metal takes down Robes. Therefore your metal attacks will take down Wizards!

You must use your sleep skill on those targets that are being focus fired. If you see a wizard attacking someone, assist them by using Dimensional Seal. Likewise, use Elemental Seal if a Blademaster or Barbarian is attacking a target.

For your build, you need to go full vit. Forget Magic, thats not needed (you're doing METAL damage anyway. Metal isn't magical, blades are metal. Duh. You do Melee damage.) The vit will help you survive. It also gives alot of pdef against those pesky wizards. Shard only citrine G12 gems, to enable you to survive better.

Make sure to only target magic classes. Don't bother trying to "heal" other classes, they don't need it. As for buffs, let them get their own buffs. They are called "self buffs" for a reason. Duh. They are just jealous that clerics have buffs.

Venomancers

FOR A VENO. THIS IS VERY SIMPLY. CASH SHOP A HERC. SEND IT INTO BATTLE, THEN RUN THE **** OUT OF THERE. JOB DONE.

You don't need to level any skills. Simply send the herc in and run away. You don't need to use Purge. Its a useless skill.

Barbarians

The best build ever for Barbarians TWwise, is full dex. You need the dex to be able to wear the best claws for your level. Wear Light Armour, and use LA ornaments. This gives you even more crit! Armageddon is a useless skill. Invoke shouldn't even be mentioned. Worst. Skill. Ever. You like, have to go into tiger form to use it. Why would you go into tiger form? You can't use your fists there. So thats a stupid thing to do.

Fly around in human form on the starter mount looking for delicious targets, then start whacking with fists, if the target attempts to fly away, run after them, even if you have to go all around the map. It doesn't matter. ITS PLUS ONE TO YOUR KILL COUNT!!!

If you ever see a vit barb who uses tiger form, laugh at them. They are stupid old generation barbs.

What failures.

Blademasters

I feel that Blademasters need alot of help in being perfect in TW.

The number one tip for Blademasters is this. YOU ARE NOT A SUPPORT CLASS. WHO THE **** GAVE YOU THAT IDEA? YOU ARE DD'S.

Ditch your Axes, you won't need them. Only things you need, are claws, and Tiger Maw. 'Nuff Said. Equip Fists (Remember to restat full dex for them, full TT99 LA plus LA ornaments. You need that 3% Crit!), then run up to the enemy and start spamming Tiger Maw on them. Make sure you are targetting Wizards or Archers at the back line (although what an archer is doing on the back line is beyond me, they should be pulling catas.). Don't bother stunning them, if you see a large cluster, run past them without using Roar. Its a waste of MP, and you'll be needing that MP to spam Tiger Maw on Wizards who are trying to run away.

if you see a person run away, laugh at them and call them failures for running, even if they are still attacking you. They are gonna call it kiting, but really, it is running away. All pro's stand there and fight.

Now, you must always use Physical Marrow in TW's. This helps you against Clerics (Against their Metal attacks), against Wizards (Everyone knows Black Dragons are scared of sheer physical power.), and most of all, against Psychics (They throw rocks at your physical defense. What failures). As for shards, shard Sapphire Gems, as this gives you more magic defense against Barbarians (Barbs have Venom Bite, and it will give them magic damage!)

Wizards!!

It appears Wizards don't know their role in TW either! They start using weird Stone Barriers, sharding physical defense, and casting Dragons at BMs and into Clusters!!!

This is unacceptable!!!

Wizards should be full vit, to withstand prolonged damage easier, shard sapphire gems (you get enough pdef from your build)!!! You should add some strength, to wear the Warsoul of Earth helm, as this gives you some strength! (I'll tell you later what you need the strength for)!!!

You should be using Pyroshell in TW!!! Everyone knows the shield of fire will protect you from Clerics and Blademasters, because your fire will melt their metal! !!

You should go sage, and use Mountain Sieze as often as possible on single targets! Here is where the strength comes in!!! You need alot of strength to lift a mountain, therefore this will enable you to defeat targets by throwing mountains on them!!! If you don't have enough chi, then use Undine Strike, followed by Sage Divine Pyrogram, followed by Sage Glacial Snare!!! This gives you 120% more damage for Water and Fire attacks!!!

Your main job as a wizard, is to attack Clerics and bury them under rocks! !!

DISTANCE SHRINK IS A SKILL FOR COWARDS ONLY!!! WHY WOULD YOU RUN AWAY FROM BATTLE?!! IT IS MUCH BETTER TO DIE A GLORIUS DEATH WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE!!!

Assassins

Your main job, is to use Stealth, then run into the middle of an attack, mainly into where their cata archers are. And attack their archers. Doesn't matter if you take lots of damage, its fine, us assassins have OP skills that reduce every single hit taken to 1.

Your build must be full vit, but you must shard Amber Shards. This means that if anyone does accidentally manage to hit you through your 10000k evasion, your full vit will stop the damage from being severe. Great tips!!

Psychics

You don't do anything in TW. Just fly around looking pretty, that is all you must do. Use Black Voodoo just incase.
Post edited by Russiee - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Pro troll as always b:laugh

This was just too fun to read . You've basically mentioned what all the " pros " in RT do :)

Tempts me to give names xD
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well this explains why leviathan is so bad in TW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kyleran - Raging Tide
    Kyleran - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lmao Russiee.. i really lol'd IRL

epic post and lots of truth in it b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] butt hurt fish xD
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    How dare you think me trying to teach others to TW is trolling : ( i'm hurt.

And yep, Levi uses those tactics. We're so pro!
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2010

wait a sec. Russ told us that was QQme winning strategy b:shocked
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    We don't have a strategy. We just port into the instance and then auto path to the crystal while we go AFK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    We don't have a strategy. We just port into the instance and then auto path to the crystal while we go AFK

-formulates a cunning plan-.

By the end of this, you shall have to pay us... ONE MILLION! DOLLARS!!!

*insert Dr.Evil pinky finger thing*
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Blademasters[/U]

I feel that Blademasters need alot of help in being perfect in TW.

The number one tip for Blademasters is this. YOU ARE NOT A SUPPORT CLASS. WHO THE **** GAVE YOU THAT IDEA? YOU ARE DD'S.

Ditch your Axes, you won't need them. Only things you need, are claws, and Tiger Maw. 'Nuff Said. Equip Fists (Remember to restat full dex for them, full TT99 LA plus LA ornaments. You need that 3% Crit!), then run up to the enemy and start spamming Tiger Maw on them. Make sure you are targetting Wizards or Archers at the back line (although what an archer is doing on the back line is beyond me, they should be pulling catas.). Don't bother stunning them, if you see a large cluster, run past them without using Roar. Its a waste of MP, and you'll be needing that MP to spam Tiger Maw on Wizards who are trying to run away.

if you see a person run away, laugh at them and call them failures for running, even if they are still attacking you. They are gonna call it kiting, but really, it is running away. All pro's stand there and fight.

Now, you must always use Physical Marrow in TW's. This helps you against Clerics (Against their Metal attacks), against Wizards (Everyone knows Black Dragons are scared of sheer physical power.), and most of all, against Psychics (They throw rocks at your physical defense. What failures). As for shards, shard Sapphire Gems, as this gives you more magic defense against Barbarians (Barbs have Venom Bite, and it will give them magic damage!)

thats just about exactly what QQme BMs were doin in their first month of wars with levi lol
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thats just about exactly what QQme BMs were doin in their first month of wars with levi lol

Other than Ben and Rem i don't think we had any half way geared blademasters. And they only come to 1/2 TW's. Then we started to get a few.

Pig and Blacheron were always in tw, but they had lvl 80 axes and were lvl 80 XD. Just poor blademasters from poor families getting tore up by levi metal mages.

I have to say Spawned and KaMet are some of the best blademasters ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    =

Oh I know :) Them and many others made those 2-3 hour TWs vs QQme possible :P
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:shocked Russiee where did you get my private barb TW guide
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Secret b:surrender
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2010

yeah.. cause they were raised by levi
    b:chuckle
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Stillian - Raging Tide
    Stillian - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I think the leader of guild whose BMs fisting on tw isnt allowed to say that.
    2 bms with axe for 80 ppl tw = pro tw faction.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010

Skill
    Bolt of Tyreseus Level 1
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 200
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 2 minutes
    Weapon Fist or Claw

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
    When Blademaster legend Luochuan first passed through the Chrono
    Passage, he developed this technique with the local inhabitants
    of the unknown world he arrived in. Deals 260% of base physical damage
    to all the enemies in range, and reduces its movement and attack speed
    Freezes targets and the caster for 5 seconds.
    Enemy movement speed is slowed by 30%.
    Enemy attack speed is slowed by 30%.
    Enemy channeling time is increased by 50%.

Requires one Spark.

Nope, i have not seen screenshots of 20 Leviation people dying to this skill b:surrender

Fists are fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'd like to say thank you to those who made this another Levi vs QQme thread. Because of you guys, trolls are born.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyleran - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Skill
    Bolt of Tyreseus Level 1
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 200
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 2 minutes
    Weapon Fist or Claw

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
    When Blademaster legend Luochuan first passed through the Chrono
    Passage, he developed this technique with the local inhabitants
    of the unknown world he arrived in. Deals 260% of base physical damage
    to all the enemies in range, and reduces its movement and attack speed
    Freezes targets and the caster for 5 seconds.
    Enemy movement speed is slowed by 30%.
    Enemy attack speed is slowed by 30%.
    Enemy channeling time is increased by 50%.

Requires one Spark.

Nope, i have not seen screenshots of 20 Leviation people dying to this skill b:surrender

Fists are fail

ofc Rem/Ben can kill 20 people with one Bolt... but he meant those people with FC green claws/fist b:chuckle
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Other than Ben and Rem i don't think we had any half way geared blademasters. And they only come to 1/2 TW's. Then we started to get a few.

Pig and Blacheron were always in tw, but they had lvl 80 axes and were lvl 80 XD. Just poor blademasters from poor families getting tore up by levi metal mages.

Quit trolling. Nublade.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    ofc Rem/Ben can kill 20 people with one Bolt... but he meant those people with FC green claws/fist b:chuckle
    I can't think of a single BM who has GREEN fc fists or claws.

I'm the leader? I know I've been gone a while but this is news to me.

Although I will say this, something seems to be working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyleran - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    I can't think of a single BM who has GREEN fc fists or claws.

lol are u sure abt it ? bryan/suaver/pig and few more i forgot names.. maybe now they upgraded it

i m not insulting them... just telling how bad are fists at TW when it is not end game stuff
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How did I miss this b:laugh
  • Nicole_ - Raging Tide
    Nicole_ - Raging Tide Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    omg i laughed so much b:surrender qq now i know what i must do in tw yeay b:thanks wait we dont have any good tws now(
  • Sarbear - Raging Tide
    Sarbear - Raging Tide Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wait we dont have any good tws now(

That's a shame.

Please inform all QQme archers that claws>bows. With the new Archer r8 armor gogo 5.0 aps arcanes to death in TW.
    "Target Sarbear, Anti-stun skill, Irongaurd, holy path, armageddon:Result? Miss! Q_Q" - Rawrgh
    "Actually if you had half-a-brain you would realize that fists > bow when someone is close to you." - XxZavxX
    "hey I made another insulting post towards Spell_Caster, and all say...yeah!! Gzz! You're the rock!" - Spell_Caster
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That's a shame.

Please inform all QQme archers that claws>everything. With the new Archer r8 armor gogo 5.0 aps arcanes to death in TW.

Fixed (/sarcasm).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    lol are u sure abt it ? bryan/suaver/pig and few more i forgot names.. maybe now they upgraded it

i m not insulting them... just telling how bad are fists at TW when it is not end game stuff
    They all have lunar claws now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    But.. butt.. wizards really should be going sage silly! Tell them to go demon and the troll guide is perfect!
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    But.. butt.. wizards really should be going sage silly! Tell them to go demon and the troll guide is perfect!

I think he was trying to troll a specific wizard

My fights with wizards start and usually end with them always running away. And if i stop chasing them or step out of range the other direction its followed by immediate

"OMG WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY!"

The Humanity!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nicole_ - Raging Tide
    Nicole_ - Raging Tide Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think he was trying to troll a specific wizard
    indeed
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My fights with wizards start and usually end with them always running away. And if i stop chasing them or step out of range the other direction its followed by immediate

"OMG WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY!"

The Humanity!

QFT, Fuzzy couldn't agree more.

*cough*Enemy/Harry*cough* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Kyleran - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010

I m a Demon wiz too b:sad.. tbh demon wiz dont suck too bad lol