Game is Dead

Paramedic - Dreamweaver
Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
if you dont know what it means:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Game_Is_Dead (deleted by moderatos) =[

Original text from wiki page: (why valid info gets moved to offtopic? >:[ )

[updated]

Meaning of 'Game is Dead' term

So far, best flame bait on forums and term describing PWI condition, commonly used by dissatisfied players (and trolls).

Term was developed by player named NighRage, and since he registered it as intellectual property in copyright service, you will have to pay him salary, every time you use it. click this link for payment info

What 'Game is Dead' doesn't mean:
-noone plays the game anymore and servers are empty;
-PWE will have to shut down the game, because of financial problems.
-nerd's threat, that he will find out where PWI lives and kill it irl.
-PWI got stroke and tomorrow is the wake;

(if any example from above appears to be correct, then you have rights to sue your 4th grade teacher for failing, to teach you reading with comprehension).

What 'Game is Dead' does mean:
That much of game content (thus, reason to play) was 'killed' by sales and changes i.e.
[tl;dr]
- 'easy exp' killed questing (world map) and four rebirth dungeons;
- packs sales killed lunar (+ revmap) and world mats, and mold (and party, high level TT) market;
- FC gold weapons are obtainable with packs mainly;
- even newest gear can be devaluated by 90-95%, at any time and w/o announcement (which 'kills' reason to get it);
- pvp aspect of game is cripled also: pk is very costly (high gold prices and less oportunities to farm money) and there is no reward or costs refund.
- unbalance between classes in pve and pvp (aps vs casters);
- 'pearl harbors' in economy from time to time
[/tl;dr]

When exp is worthless (you can make max level char in few days) and getting/upgrading gear is risky/pointless (because of unexpected, rough gameplay changes, like endgame gear sales or attack, and defense blessings) then there is no reason (or at least cake) to achieve anything (sic! in mmorpg game, where 'achieving goals/building character' is main motivation of a player).
Game (at least, as mmo) is dead.

If you use this term on forums (after some major in-game changes), most likely you will provoke lively forum debate (troll fest) and since topic is very interesting (nothing better to do or QQ about) almost every group of players will participate in discussion.

Participants

Raging Nerds - easy to recognize, because they constantly repeat that 'game is dead' every second post. Those people play game since 'day one', probably know more about it than developers and could write thesis about it.
Nerds will rage everytime money-hungry PWE (Beijing?) marketing HQ, implement some unpopular changes. This group is quite hopeless and will always QQ instead of just quit.

Debate: You should avoid arguing with them, because they may have some valid points.
Trolling: Some of them are easy to troll: act like one of Cpt. Obvious Team or Permanently Satisfied Customers and keep writing same **** all over again, regardless of arguments they use.

Satisfied Nerds - there is no big difference between those two kinds of nerds, but satisfied ones will use valid arguments to prove - that changes which caused QQ- aren't so bad.
This group of players is extinct; last one died after TW payment changes.

Undefined Ranting People - they just QQ about everything. When they find QQ topic, they copy/paste their 'usual rant' from notepad. Often, obvious trolls.

Debate: Easy win usually. They always forget to write down good conterarguments to notepad.
Trolling: If not trolls, then easy but not very satisfactory, if trolls - just show how weak their arguments are and how obvious trolls they are.

Cpt. Obvious Team- they will teach you, that PWE is company - which need to earn money (orly? yarly! no wai..), and PWI is mmo - which need to evolve. This means, that you shouldn't ever complain about any in-game change, because they were implemented with a good reason.
Cpt Obvious Team member is marketer's wet dream: customer who won't ever complain and even will tell others to not to (because it is somehow uncool or -optionally- gtfo!!rage!rage1rage!1).
Nobody is sure why Cpt. Obvious, react so strong at other's complaining. One theory says, that he/she is an IRL ex-QQer, with 'i-wont-ever-complain-and-will-move-on!' attitude. Other theory, is about their abusive grandparents, beating them up, because 'complains dont feed'.

Debate: Pointless, they always use same two arguments, even if it dont 'fit' conversation or someone point them as invalid. Seems, that they don't understand, what 'evolution' really means and that in any bussiness, where quality has a high value, complaining customer is a gift, not a disease.
Trolling: They are pretty good at trolling themselves, so just leave them alone with that.

Permanently Satisfied Customers - even worst update won't change their attitude, simply because they don't play the game. PWE management do their best, to keep existance of instant messagers in secret from those 'players'. All would quit immediately if they discovered, that you don't need PW, to chat with other people.

Debate: Pointless, unless you are able to find common features of PW and MSN.
Trolling: Easy, but meh - short term fun.

Extraordinary Players(?) - they play their 'own unique game' inside of the game. While most people level up, get gears, complete instances and -optionally- participate in TW, and PK, this kind will achieve their 'own goals', like getting all fashion or touring landscape of PW world. They neglect other content of game, so updates dont affect them much, and will tell you to 'not by s0 srs obaot teh game'.

Debate: No point usually, unless you will be able to explain them, that you are playing two different games.
Trolling: Their attention deficit makes them really hard to troll i.e. after your second attempt, they will get bored and go away, to count blue bugs near elf start town.

Addicted Veterans - long term players, who might even quit few times, but they got so used to this kind of entertainment, that they will always come back and play. They are perfectly aware how PW treat player base. Usually, they are succesful farmers/merchants or golden mastercard owners, so they are able to 'struggle through' results of another PW great money making idea.

Debate: You can learn something.
Trolling: being constantly trolled by PW, made them hard/immue to troll.

Twisting Wiseman Who Speaks Teh Truth - you may think that he is Satisfied Nerd, Capt. Obvious Team think-tank or one of those 40lvl Permanently Satisfied Customers. Sometimes, you will be almost sure that he is PWE-PR undercover employee.
He will make fun of Raging Nerds and even put special anti-nerd hallmark in his signature (actually, he made it!). He will patiently explain them, that PWE will always try to maximalize profits despite of their QQ. He will use contrary arguments and give you mind f***. When you finally give up and lay down, in little puddle of your QQ tears, you will see teh truth between lines of his posts: the only real solution of all your problems is quitting the game.
If you don't believe me, let fact that he quit few months ago, convince you.
Mr Wiseman, you are forums hero.

ehh, Lowbies -
The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream makers going to make you mad
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind."

This story is old, but not very long: at beginning, lowbies are statisfied players, who have urge to defend PW as teh great game, just to rage about it later, when PW finally kick their balls too. We all saw that over 9000 times and are used to those annoying, clueless kids.

All Other People - they weren't disappointed enough times to rage quit yet.

Trolls - can be anyone from above..

Troll-when-need - someone who fail in discussion and have weak agruments, will usually write at end, that he was just trolling you, ha ha ha.

Hallmarks

Since, in lively discussion (nerdrage) it may be hard to recognize, on whose side are arguing debaters, people started to use hallmarks in signatures.

Examples:

gameisdead.gif

70919133.gif

nerdragenew.gif

image.php?u=7595822001&type=sigpic&dateline=1294696614

picture6ly.png

pw2.png
BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
Post edited by Paramedic - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sounds that I'm part of the "Cpt. Obvious Team". b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Permanently Satisfied Customers - even worst update won't change their attitude, simply because they don't play the game. PWE management do their best, to keep existance of instant messagers in secret from those 'players'. All would quit immediately if discover, that they dont have to play PW, to chat with other people.

u are in the "guide writing addicts"? :b
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    pwi is not dead ^.^
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Whoever wrote that bit in the PW Wiki forgot a group; the "I just want to play the god damned game without having to listen to all your btching" category. I fall firmly in this last category. I have fun by helping others, and finding a group of ppl to play the game with. Because thats what this is. A freaking GAME. Something a lot of the ppl who QQ about whatever PWE does to the game each week seem to have forgotten. No one forces you to play.

Just my 2 cents worth, and end of rant.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    naww, u are in last group there
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

edited December 2010
    pwi is not dead ^.^
    Permanently Satisfied Customers - even worst update won't change their attitude, simply because they don't play the game. PWE management do their best, to keep existance of instant messagers in secret from those 'players'. All would quit immediately if discover, that they dont have to play PW, to chat with other people.
    Whoever wrote that bit in the PW Wiki forgot a group; the "I just want to play the god damned game without having to listen to all your btching" category. I fall firmly in this last category. I have fun by helping others, and finding a group of ppl to play the game with. Because thats what this is. A freaking GAME. Something a lot of the ppl who QQ about whatever PWE does to the game each week seem to have forgotten. No one forces you to play.

Just my 2 cents worth, and end of rant.

Extraordinary Players(?) - they play their 'own unique game' inside of game. While most people level up, get gears, complete instances and -optionally- participate in TW, and PK, this kind will achieve their 'own goals', like getting all fashion or touring landscape of PW world. They neglect other content of game, so updates dont affect them much, and will tell you to 'not by s0 srs obaot teh game'.

Para, i just thought a nice catch-phrase: eternal bliss :b
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

Extraordinary Players(?) - they play their 'own unique game' inside of game. While most people level up, get gears, complete instances and -optionally- participate in TW, and PK, this kind will achieve their 'own goals', like getting all fashion or touring landscape of PW world. They neglect other content of game, so updates dont affect them much, and will tell you to 'not by s0 srs obaot teh game'.

Para, i just thought a nice catch-phrase: eternal bliss :b

if your not a happy pwi player then why are you even here at all?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm surprised that page you made hasn't been deleted considering frankieraye's name shows on the history of that page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    oooops...

• Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Thanks, I enjoyed that! b:chuckle
    edited December 2010
    if your not a happy pwi player then why are you even here at all?

aw so cuteb:cute

stop seeing everything in black and white.
    i never denied that i still like pwi HOWEVER the new update made it worse.

now, let me ask you something: if you are not happy with the current situation in the general discussion, why are you even here at all?

i hope u get it ^_^
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    aw so cuteb:cute

stop seeing everything in black and white.
    i never denied that i still like pwi HOWEVER the new update made it worse.

now, let me ask you something: if you are not happy with the current situation in the general discussion, why are you even here at all?

i hope u get it ^_^

but hasnt pwi made the past times better are they not trying to make it easy for everyone?

Im here to defend the great game called Perfect World International
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited December 2010
    aww frankie removed last signature example =(

(ss of pwi stock if anyone wonder)

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Go back about two years. Then defend. There's no logic in it atm.

Try again.
  • xadezz
    xadezz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    but hasnt pwi made the past times better are they not trying to make it easy for everyone?

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Go back about two years. Then defend. There's no logic in it atm.

Try again.

Back as far as i can remember high lvls never gave you the chance to get far. You make a character lvl to 30 and get camp killed all the time. Why should i support people who keep everything for themselves? The first on the server take power they are impossible to stop until they quit. So why support people who take the fun of tw away? Now pwi evens the odds making it each to get endgame gear to kill these people. So who do i support I support the people who make the game even for everyone not just the people who make it so unfair that it is rare to get new players?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You forgot to mention that people have been claiming this for well over a year now (for example), and yet the game doesn't actually show any indications of slowing down, overall, let alone dying.

This all reminds me of the "Imminent Death Of The Net Predicted!" entry in the Jargon file, where people have been predicting the "death" of the (Inter/Use)net since 1983, and yet they both continue to be used more and more every year. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Back as far as i can remember high lvls never gave you the chance to get far. You make a character lvl to 30 and get camp killed all the time. Why should i support people who keep everything for themselves? The first on the server take power they are impossible to stop until they quit. So why support people who take the fun of tw away? Now pwi evens the odds making it each to get endgame gear to kill these people. So who do i support I support the people who make the game even for everyone not just the people who make it so unfair that it is rare to get new players?

now ill say, LOL at you, get off the game cos your full of ****.

i used to play on harshlands as soon as it opened up, i never got camp killed, i had alot of pks though, back when there was no constant instance grinding like now, if you got constantly camped, ever heard of the ToS? ever heard of the support feature? im guessing not judgeing from what you said, if thats how far back you can remember, yet your posting with a level 6x cleric, its either 2 things, you to scared to use your main to post or your just a noob end of story for still being 6x after all this time.

by the way, having rank 8 and 9 in the cash shop doesnt make it even, it just makes it so to many people will have rank gear, the bigger cash shopers will refine there gear like crazy, and the insane cash shopers will have rank9, then its totaly unbalanced and pay to win, again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that people have been claiming this for well over a year now (for example), and yet the game doesn't actually show any indications of slowing down, overall, let alone dying.

This all reminds me of the "Imminent Death Of The Net Predicted!" entry in the Jargon file, where people have been predicting the "death" of the (Inter/Use)net since 1983, and yet they both continue to be used more and more every year. b:chuckle

well said mod b:thanks
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *is a proud member of this category* :P

Well, half-and-half anyway. Basically I decided long ago that I'd never be after any Lunar, Nirvana, or Rank gears. I get by on molds, TT and green FF gear. I like it that way. :P

But yeah, if you can't be flexible and patient, this game isn't for you. Doesn't mean there aren't things worth ranting about, though. It's a balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

now ill say, LOL at you, get off the game cos your full of ****.

i used to play on harshlands as soon as it opened up, i never got camp killed, i had alot of pks though, back when there was no constant instance grinding like now, if you got constantly camped, ever heard of the ToS? ever heard of the support feature? im guessing not judgeing from what you said, if thats how far back you can remember, yet your posting with a level 6x cleric, its either 2 things, you to scared to use your main to post or your just a noob end of story for still being 6x after all this time.

by the way, having rank 8 and 9 in the cash shop doesnt make it even, it just makes it so to many people will have rank gear, the bigger cash shopers will refine there gear like crazy, and the insane cash shopers will have rank9, then its totaly unbalanced and pay to win, again.

that was then you should see it now you have to be fast to live
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

This coming from the only person whom is never seen in game anymore.
    ....I have to wonder if you've ever actually PvP'd before. (And no, PvP doesn't mean beating up on 3x and 4x when you're bored.)
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    This coming from the only person whom is never seen in game anymore.
    ....I have to wonder if you've ever actually PvP'd before. (And no, PvP doesn't mean beating up on 3x and 4x when you're bored.)

i have killed 50 people all gank kills mind you ^.^
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    i have killed 50 people all gank kills mind you ^.^

You and I need to meet at West Arch. I'd LOVE to show you my pretty Red Tide. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of other people who'd enjoy beating the living snot out of you.

Since you love this rank sale so much, I bet you'd love to get the snot beaten out of you by Okeano, or urDian, since they're both ranked last I checked.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if there is ever any pk, its bored high levels currently searching for any 3x-5x that are questing to stop at the BH levels, since thats the only world pvp they will get,

also i dont no how you can give out that logic, seemings as before, when everyone was questing and such, not stuck in dungeons, pk would be everywhere, i can remember the swamps being full of pk, the same with the level 80 butterfly mobs, that area was being fought over for ages till 1 set of people was victorious and could grind there, the same goes for the fishes area, that was a pk hot spot, now, its nothing, so please, i no exactly how it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited December 2010
    there are many forms of death; death as termination of existence; death as being a pathetic shell of what you were.

tbh it doesn't really look like death but like a revolution; and the former aristocracy has to die.

in the new expansion we trust?
    edited December 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    (do not engage in edit wars with mods; deleted content should remain deleted)

why this image http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6476/pwistock.png was removed from the page?

did i break some tos rule? (i really dunno, maybe we are not allowed to public such info?)

and then why this image (made in 2 minutes in paint) was deleted also? http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9921/71389750.png

(if i broke some rule, plz inform me, then i will delete them from this post also)

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    if there is ever any pk, its bored high levels currently searching for any 3x-5x that are questing to stop at the BH levels, since thats the only world pvp they will get,

also i dont no how you can give out that logic, seemings as before, when everyone was questing and such, not stuck in dungeons, pk would be everywhere, i can remember the swamps being full of pk, the same with the level 80 butterfly mobs, that area was being fought over for ages till 1 set of people was victorious and could grind there, the same goes for the fishes area, that was a pk hot spot, now, its nothing, so please, i no exactly how it is.

well then i lost that one b:surrender
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

in the new expansion we trust?

About as far as I can throw it.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why this image http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6476/pwistock.png was removed the page?

did i break some tos rule (i really dunno, maybe we are not allowed to public such info?)

and then why this image made in 2 minutes in paint was deleted also? http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9921/71389750.png

(if i broke some rule, plz inform me, then i will delete them from this post also)

Well, I checked the ToS section of User Content and you'd have to interpret it really strangely to use any of them as a reason for the deletion:
    unlawful
    libelous
    defamatory
    harassing
    abusive
    otherwise objectionable

Out of those: unlawful does not apply as it's public information, libelous requires the information to be false, same for defamatory. Harassment and abusive might apply if you twist it around enough. "Otherwise objectionable" is their ace, as they can use it as the "do as we please" card.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
This discussion has been closed.