Rants from players

Options
Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Well, like most of you that visit these forums, i've been pissed off at current events as well.

But face it, even though there are so many threads about complaining, what is really gonna change ?

I see a lot of people say "the game is dead" , i've seen some say "i quit/have quit". but honestly....who really is gonna quit ? and is the game really dead ?

If you declare a game dead, then log back in and try again....there are LOADS of people still online and still buying rep/packs/....etc. A game isn't dead until the servers close or when no one logs back in again.

Second, who is REALLY quitting ? Those that do not have the cash to buy rep and get rank gear ? Those that ARE on the right level to get that gear/rep but can't ? Or is it those that spend loads of cash on the game and feel betrayed now ?

Either way, the quitters are truly in the minority here. Even if 5% of the server population leaves, it will hardly be noticed, and it will FOR SURE not be noticed by the accounting department on PWI. They get more revenue while only a minority leaves, and of those that truly leave, maybe 30% of em leave for a while only to come back.

While it seems that there are a lot of people on the forums complaining, there's even more of them that play and never come to the forums, let alone post here.

So, with all the rants, all the complaining, whining, insulting, i quit threads, what will really change ? What do YOU think the effect will be ?

Simply put : nothing. zero. ziltch. nada. niente. niks. rien.

By the time all the complainers here give up, the new expansion will be there and a while later pwi goes on its merry way. Until it all starts over again over some change or pack or whatever.

Do, you, the players, really believe anything good will come from stating opinions ? Do you really believe they will undo the "damage" already done ?

If you believe that, then players are really more gullible then i think they are. I for one, am not that far gone yet, are you ?

'You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy."
Post edited by Thinkalot - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wow you are so smart. حكيم 明智 weise. קלוג
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why? Should we just say nothing at all and move on as normal? Sure spamming the forums and WC/GC etc. with hate may not change anything but if nothing else atleast the GM's know how pissed off we are.

Also this time it's different, other things like packs may have pissed off some people and pleased others but really this sale has just pissed off almost the entire Pwi community, even the people who normally try to defend Pwi's sales or w/e are complaining and looking on in disgust. I normally don't give a damn about things like packs, gold at 1mil, Ubber CSers being OP, but Rank 8 for just over 70 gold is complete BS.
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If anything the bad rep will give PWI a very very bad name in advertising and big review sites such as MMO hut WILL reflect on this, so in effect they are damaging themselfs.

Also, 5% of the server can have a huge impact on their profits, as most of those 5% may have been very big cash shoppers, maybe even one of them owns a very popular blog site? In the end it all comes down to rep, if they continue to **** us over other MMO companies will move in and by word of mouth PWI will only suffer.

That said, people will come and try the game, but they will hardly be serious players. Like someone said before the only "fun" is in the low levels. Once you hit 80/90 it's over. So not only have they damaged the game and community but also REDUCED the life span of your typical player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Didn't read all that cuz its too long and I get bored easily >,> sorry.

When people say "the game is dead" it does not mean "there's 0 players online", it means:

"The frigging economy is f'd up and free players cannot longer compete against cash shoppers since the administration does not give enough time to do so. Making it worse than a private server."

Thats about it.

Oh and about the 5% population drop thing, it will be noticed some of this 5% or more were permanent cash shoppers. Did they notice?, just look at PWRD stock then tell me if they did not notice.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why? Should we just say nothing at all and move on as normal? Sure spamming the forums and WC/GC etc. with hate may not change anything but if nothing else atleast the GM's know how pissed off we are.

Also this time it's different, other things like packs may have pissed off some people and pleased others but really this sale has just pissed off almost the entire Pwi community, even the people who normally try to defend Pwi's sales or w/e are complaining and looking on in disgust. I normally don't give a damn about things like packs, gold at 1mil, Ubber CSers being OP, but Rank 8 for just over 70 gold is complete BS.

Whole community huh. I don't think so. Hell no one in my faction has mentioned it and I haven't really seen much about it on WC or common chat when I'm **** around in town. I do see tons of people advertising that they want to buy the items tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I sort of second the OP's thoughts.

Consider that people QQ about literally everything PWI changes/does, and if they changed/did nothing they'd still complain. Venos are OP with nixes, APS is OP, BH is lame, CS is lame, hyper is lame, blah blah blah.

Now, if you think about it, if the game were truly "dead", and if this game has been bad for so long, then people would simply find another game. The fact that they are staying here and posting only shows the game isn't so bad at all. Such a crappy game that doesn't give a **** about it's players certainly would not be so popular and certainly would not result in so many people not only still playing and being active in cities (killing snowmen of all things that drop ****) but buying in the things they put on sale.

Take a sociological approach to the posters who constantly banter about how the game is dead. Notice how when the forum is more upbeat, so are they, especially when they get threatened of being banned (or banned for a short period). When a change happens and people QQ, out comes the "game is dead" ****. It's a cool kid bandwagon, nothing more, nothing less.

The truly effective people who take issue with the game either a) don't spend money on the game, or b) leave the game -- entirely. When PWI starts either shutting down servers or merging servers, or threatening to do so, that's when we're seeing the downward spiral toward game is dead or dying.

Another thing: QQ on forums accomplishes little. Not spending money accomplishes a lot. Developers make this game. **** with their money and you'll find they just might listen a little more if this is truly how the community feels. They have instead bought into this in mass, so this game is the result of players. Companies either follow along to make their profit, or they simply die.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I feel responsible for this whole mess -,-. I think today will be the last day I buy gold for a long time.

I have all I need anyway.
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Whole community huh. I don't think so. Hell no one in my faction has mentioned it and I haven't really seen much about it on WC or common chat when I'm **** around in town. I do see tons of people advertising that they want to buy the items tho.

Being a lowbie is so stress free b:cryb:angry
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=JanusZeal - Heavens Tear;11260022 APS is OP[/QUOTE]

it is, thats why people roll APS toons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Being a lowbie is so stress free b:cryb:angry

Don't count me out because of my current lvl. Remember Ive been comming and going since beta. I'm just stateing the facts. RT don't have people QQing anywhere I have been and I've not seen anything on WC really about the sale other then people advertising they wanna buy the items from other players.

I took a bit of a break and come back not remembering my account info. Tho now I'm thinking someone **** my account. I know my login name. I have tried every pass I've ever used since B4 PW even existed and did the same with every email and nothing works.

I submitted a ticket and they was no help they said I must have the bloody email to that account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont think the OP knows what a dead game is...

You think the game is still alive because people log on daily to open packs? wow...just wow...
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont think the OP knows what a dead game is...

You think the game is still alive because people log on daily to open packs? wow...just wow...

You think the game is dead because a group of anarchists stated it?
    So if that group were to say the sky is red would you automatically think the sky is red?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't think the OP knows what a dead game is...

No I think it's alive because of all the people I see doing quest and everything else in game and not QQing. They cant all be Cashshoppers. These people are not opening packs. So sad how people on the forums think they make up the majority.

I'm sorry to tell you only a fraction come here. A fraction of that fraction is QQing. The rest are either staying out of it or telling the QQers how wrong they are. I'm sorry to tell you but your are the minority of the minority and you do not make up the majority.

Bottom line is there are still tons of non cashshoppers still playing and able to make it where you all have given up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also this time it's different, other things like packs may have pissed off some people and pleased others but really this sale has just pissed off almost the entire Pwi community, even the people who normally try to defend Pwi's sales or w/e are complaining and looking on in disgust.

That there, children, is an opinion stated as fact in the hope of impressing gullible minds.

I'm in a level 3 faction of zero- to minimal cash shoppers, very few with e-peen issues, and not a single player in the faction is displeased with the sale. They're all happy they could get (or at least aspire to get) good end-game gear without selling the house and the children.

The same goes for 8 out of 10 people in my FL.

So yeah, the people who are raging are those whose self-worth is injured by others being able to obtain some semblance of good rank 8 gear at a reasonable price. Your generalization is better described as a lie.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That there, children, is an opinion stated as fact in the hope of impressing gullible minds.

I'm in a level 3 faction of zero- to minimal cash shoppers, very few with e-peen issues, and not a single player in the faction is displeased with the sale. They're all happy they could get (or at least aspire to get) good end-game gear without selling the house and the children.

The same goes for 8 out of 10 people in my FL.

So yeah, the people who are raging are those whose self-worth is injured by others being able to obtain some semblance of good rank 8 gear at a reasonable price. Your generalization is better described as a lie.

on people with that kind of flawed logic pwe is making money atm

go spend your 72 bucks and and get 8rank. then rage (or repeat) in 2 months, because new update will make it crappy
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    go spend your 72 bucks and and get 8rank. then rage (or repeat) in 2 months, because new update will make it crappy

Anybody else remember when they released Nirvana, and everybody was like....

"LOLYAYULTIMATEWEAPONS! LET'SGOFARMSOME! LFBARB/WIZ/CLERIC FOR NIRVANA!"

And so everybody started actually WORKING for endgame gear? You know, actually putting time and effort into the game and working with other people to complete a common goal?(What a concept. Such a shame it's been murdered now.)

And when better gear comes out, and everybody is stuck on rank 8 and 9, you'll be hearing the rage from everybody who was stupid enough to fall for another keen moneymaking buisness move.
    PWE thanks you for being so gullible. Now they can use that for Christmas Shopping, and vacations in the Bahamas.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Anybody else remember when they released Nirvana, and everybody was like....

"LOLYAYULTIMATEWEAPONS! LET'SGOFARMSOME! LFBARB/WIZ/CLERIC FOR NIRVANA!"

And so everybody started actually WORKING for endgame gear? You know, actually putting time and effort into the game and working with other people to complete a common goal?(What a concept. Such a shame it's been murdered now.)

And when better gear comes out, and everybody is stuck on rank 8 and 9, you'll be hearing the rage from everybody who was stupid enough to fall for another keen moneymaking buisness move.
    PWE thanks you for being so gullible. Now they can use that for Christmas Shopping, and vacations in the Bahamas.

+1 again
    but i see some weird reply to counter these post though . . b:lipcurl
    Then the thread go on argue circle again . . b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    קלוג

I speak Hebrew, that is not a real word. Carry on...
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I speak Hebrew, that is not a real word. Carry on...

umm it is supposed to be yiddish not hebrew

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    umm it is supposed to be yiddish not hebrew

Not Yiddish either. Google Translate is completely unreliable with both languages. b:chuckle
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not Yiddish either. Google Translate is completely unreliable with both languages. b:chuckle

damn google translate

• Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    damn google translate

lawl XD
  • Belgarath - Heavens Tear
    Belgarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    on people with that kind of flawed logic pwe is making money atm

So let's talk flawed logic here for a moment:

If I get that rank 8, for approximately 75 million expenditure I'll be able to obtain a very nice 6% channeling ring, 6% channeling and excellent defenses I need, on a chest armor piece, and yet another 6% channeling on an excellent weapon, that would essentially close the key gaps I have in my gear today. I'm a cleric, for context, and pure PvE.

Now, no matter what new gear gets released, how exactly is it going to make this particular set of items less suitable for my needs? Will they be taking away that channeling I was saving up to get anyway? 2x Lunar rings = 60 million, 1x channeling weapon (Neon Purgatory or others) = another 60 million. I save money. I get what I need. I didn't rage when I could not afford the gear, I fail to see any reason to rage or spend again if new gear gets released.

Yes, if I measured myself merely on how much "better" my gear is than others, sure, I'd be using flawed logic to call others' logic flawed on this matter. However, I had a balanced childhood, and fortunately my insecurities lie in RL matters like job and family.
  • Belgarath - Heavens Tear
    Belgarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    An addendum to my previous post: I'm still going to wait for a few days in the hope that gold prices drop a wee bit, before getting myself Rank 8. If the price stays at the 1 million mark, I'll eventually go ahead anyway, before the sale ends.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they will add stones that only seekers will be able to craft to g15+ weapons

those stones will give you +over9000 magic attack

at beginning it will be costly, but after some time devs will add cheaper version to $ shop and everyone will be able to get them

then you will QQ, that you invested in g14 +12 weapon

• you101
    you101 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    These games are ONLY created to make $, the GM's don't give a **** about any of the players or what we think, or what we do in accordance to their decisions. Even after 2 years from closed and open beta, they are still changing things, not only little things, BUT BIG THINGS. When i say the GAME is dead, I don't mean people arn't going to be playing it ANYMORE, I'm trying to say the fun out of the game is GONE. I personally don't feel the fun in playing. They made everyone able to super level, no more pking cause EVERYONES in FC becoming lvl 100 in a matter of week(s). CSers get all the benefits, the more $$ you put in the game the more bad *** you are.... so no skill required at all to play pwi, just if you got tons of $$ to spend go for it you'll be the best. Rank 8 is affordable to anyone now that has 73$... gratz. This totally messes up the ENTIRE balance of the game, since rumors are interval caps are being reduced to 3.33............... well it was nice playing a bm. Never heard sooo many complaints about a game, its honestly sad. Just leave the game as it is and everyone will be satisfied, stop making so many changes to this GAME......
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    On other forum people conclusion is . . b:surrender

PWI situation : casual come on in - hardcore get out - cser trolled
    FW situation : casual not easy - hardcore welcome - cser new place to spent money

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    meh no matter what the situation no one will be happy, cuz is either too hard or too easy... frigging human nature to never be satisified with practically anything. the game evolves and technically with a game like this there is never to be a true "end game" gear.

as the game evolves so does the gear. eventually u'll see lvl 20 gear. the game is meant to change...however it's also human nature to despise change. no matter what happens pplz will never be happy with what they have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]