Soo...to r8 or not to r8?

Options
ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Psychic
What do you think about the armor?
About the weapon?

personally i view r8 as an offensive build (aka use it for tiger event!)
the weapon is better than the g13 nirv i have now :/
Post edited by ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eifie - Dreamweaver
    Eifie - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Don't give in b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Don't give in b:cry

tbh everyone is gonna run around with r8..and i dont even like the looks of the sphere xd
  • Eifie - Dreamweaver
    Eifie - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tbh everyone is gonna run around with r8..and i dont even like the looks of the sphere xd

Good D: I don't want to have to be disappointed in chu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What do you think about the armor?
    About the weapon?

personally i view r8 as an offensive build (aka use it for tiger event!)
    the weapon is better than the g13 nirv i have now :/

r8? hell no, r9 all the way, least thats my goal, and i already did the math, even as a nonCSer, i got a REALLLLLY good shot of gettin it by end of month if i merch 24/7 b:pleased
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
    edited December 2010
    Options
    meh r9 is too much for me, 850gold? i would rather refine to +12 :b
  • AHTl - Heavens Tear
    AHTl - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I just have my Rank VIII on psy and im thinking about rank 9 in an hypothetic future.

The Rank VIII is very dmging stuff, good for me, mad Demon Psy b:chuckle

Im thinking to go to 300 k rep during the month, but the Rank IX stuff cost too much for me at the moment.

I dont want to have regret not to have used this option to up rep ;)
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So whilst killing snowmen, I got a lucky drop in the form of a: "lol-I-can-see-your-stats" item. ODDLY ENOUGH, I found urDian standing around near South Archosaur and decided to use it on him.

He had Rank 8. He's working on Rank 9.

....I died a little inside.
  • Andrewhall - Raging Tide
    Andrewhall - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey i need some advice, I currently have +4 tt99 barrier soulsphere with saph gem, currently do around 12-16k+dmg on lvl 100 mobs, if i remeber right, around 20k on lvl 80-90 mobs. the main reason for me getting rank 8 would be the crit bonus, but also the extra dmg. Looking at the rank 8 wep it looks like it would do significantly ie 5k or more dmg per hit on average than my current tt99, im pretty much pure mag (think i have 10 vit). Can someone with the rank 8 sphere let me know wether it will do the extra dmg i want?b:thanks
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey i need some advice, I currently have +4 tt99 barrier soulsphere with saph gem, currently do around 12-16k+dmg on lvl 100 mobs, if i remeber right, around 20k on lvl 80-90 mobs. the main reason for me getting rank 8 would be the crit bonus, but also the extra dmg. Looking at the rank 8 wep it looks like it would do significantly ie 5k or more dmg per hit on average than my current tt99, im pretty much pure mag (think i have 10 vit). Can someone with the rank 8 sphere let me know wether it will do the extra dmg i want?b:thanks

i dont have r8 but since u dont have a nirvana/highly refined weapon put it in your bank and go r8. the difference in damage is huge
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have a +7 Catalyst Soulsphere (level 97 legendary) and it does less damage than my +3 rank 8.

And not just by a little bit, but by a significant amount. If I still had the extra magic points that I had with the Catalyst, I may have close to 15k max mag attack as opposed to 13k.

And rank 9 weapon makes me cry inside. Sure the armor has crit, but I'm a crit whoor; I wants it on mah weapon! **** channeling! b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Andrewhall - Raging Tide
    Andrewhall - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ty for the replys, exactly what i was hoping, that rank 8 will do significantly more dmg than my current wep, esp as ur 97 +7 wep prob does more than mine does at the moment, if we had same stats that is, it seems that ur not pure mag.. ty :)b:pleasedb:victory
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And rank 9 weapon makes me cry inside. Sure the armor has crit, but I'm a crit whoor; I wants it on mah weapon! **** channeling! b:spit

same, kinda bugs me we get -10% chanling on r9 wep when we dont need the chanling, also u seen the r9 ring? it **** has 1 less crit that r8 ring and no hp, only redeming factor for it is the giant att bonus but still b:cry
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
    edited December 2010
    Options
    same, kinda bugs me we get -10% chanling on r9 wep when we dont need the chanling, also u seen the r9 ring? it **** has 1 less crit that r8 ring and no hp, only redeming factor for it is the giant att bonus but still b:cry

u keep the r8 ring, r9 is extra
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    u keep the r8 ring, r9 is extra

ya i no, its jsut that r8 ring = ~66mil r9 ring = ~175mil and u get less crit aand no hp, the +5 def lv is ncie thoguh....
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ya i no, its jsut that r8 ring = ~66mil r9 ring = ~175mil and u get less crit aand no hp, the +5 def lv is ncie thoguh....

yeah, it's better for physical classes
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The ring and weapon are balla, everything else is garbage.

I'm tempted to get the full r8 set, the only reasons being:

1) Lol I got ****, wtf I'm a horrible hacking target and I hope they're enjoying their ~15mil profit.

2) Sick of not going red name and worrying about dropping ****, meaning that I always have to let white named BMs stun me first to start a fight with them. R8 never drops.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Honestly, the reason I might get the rank 8 set is to simply save hundreds of millions of coins on end-game armor and use those coins on refines instead. Before the rank 8 sale I was slowly working towards a Lunar Nirvana set, which would have cost about 600 mil to get 4 pieces of the Lunar armor and convert it to 2nd cast Nirvana. Rank 8 armor only cost ~103-114 mil for all 4 pieces depending on gold prices. I'm a frugal person in-game and it's a pretty good deal.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ty for the replys, exactly what i was hoping, that rank 8 will do significantly more dmg than my current wep, esp as ur 97 +7 wep prob does more than mine does at the moment, if we had same stats that is, it seems that ur not pure mag.. ty :)b:pleasedb:victory

Ohh, I'm pure mag. I'm so pure that virgins are jealous of me. Had 502 magic at one point, lost some because the 97 weapon gave me +19 mag. I can get up to 500 (505 if I ever hit 101) magic again if I restat some of my str (I have a surplus thanks to gear), but that's kinda expensive atm. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    for a psy w/o nv to not get rank8 weap is a sin...

+300max dmg...

KICKA$$...b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • AHTl - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would like your opinion about Boots to use.

My first idea was to use TT 99 ones : 25 M

My second idea was to make Lunar ones : 30 M + chips

My third and last one, was to make R8 ones : 20 M (+ X M to have the 4 th socks)

I'm pure Mag Mad Demon Psy b:chuckle

What's your opinion about that ?

A second question, i have seen a PSy 100+ with in all socks, Attack +1 ? Good but whats about our Soulforce in this case?
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would like your opinion about Boots to use.

My first idea was to use TT 99 ones : 25 M

My second idea was to make Lunar ones : 30 M + chips

My third and last one, was to make R8 ones : 20 M (+ X M to have the 4 th socks)

I'm pure Mag Mad Demon Psy b:chuckle

What's your opinion about that ?

A second question, i have seen a PSy 100+ with in all socks, Attack +1 ? Good but whats about our Soulforce in this case?

i would pick the r8 boots.
    they are the best both defense-wise and attack-wise.
    unless u have ~6dex points from a cape or something and u get +1%crit with the extra dexx from archangel.

20mil is the cheaper option and u can use the extra 10mil on better shards/refines.
    also i think it's guaranteed 3 sockets while the rest could be crafted with only 2.

however u wont be able to upgrade them to nirvana for better defense (neither sell them).
    if nirvana is out of question i would go r8.

personally i dont like any boots, they dont have good defense (besides nirvana and r9).
    the event boots have +2% which is nice though.

there are some oht boots with 3 pdef or hp stats but they are very rare (and it would be expensive to try and make them).

soulorce is only affected by refines, level and special stats on gear (currently only the r9 belt have +2500 soulforce). so he doesnt get any extra soulforce.
  • AHTl - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i would pick the r8 boots.
    they are the best both defense-wise and attack-wise.
    unless u have ~6dex points from a cape or something and u get +1%crit with the extra dexx from archangel.

20mil is the cheaper option and u can use the extra 10mil on better shards/refines.
    also i think it's guaranteed 3 sockets while the rest could be crafted with only 2.

however u wont be able to upgrade them to nirvana for better defense (neither sell them).
    if nirvana is out of question i would go r8.

personally i dont like any boots, they dont have good defense (besides nirvana and r9).
    the event boots have +2% which is nice though.

there are some oht boots with 3 pdef or hp stats but they are very rare (and it would be expensive to try and make them).

soulorce is only affected by refines, level and special stats on gear (currently only the r9 belt have +2500 soulforce). so he doesnt get any extra soulforce.

Thx to confirm my choice. I'll put a mule to buy 2 k tokens i need for the r8 boots.

I have in stock badge for r9, but it will stay a dream for a long time, long way to have all chips only for the ring...

Next investment for me is 99 neck:)