Sooooo

Options
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Wizard
Everyone out getting their rank 8?
"And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Post edited by BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur on

Comments

• Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    :O

Is the Rank 8 wep the Beamhoof Slicer, or is that Rank 9? And are there Rank 8 armours?

Oh, and erm: Including the Badges and everything, how much in-game coin do you estimate Rank 8 to cost? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Options
    :O

Is the Rank 8 wep the Beamhoof Slicer, or is that Rank 9? And are there Rank 8 armours?

Oh, and erm: Including the Badges and everything, how much in-game coin do you estimate Rank 8 to cost? :)

Rank 8 is like $73, lol.

You get a g12 top, g12 pants, g14 weapon and a nice crit/channel ring.

The beamhoof slicer is the rank VI weapon i believe.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    beamhoof is actually the weapon of the sages, but requires 35k rep so its known as rank6 weapon although technically it is not.

I'm not getting rank8, I'm peacing out after my last plat charm runs out (have 2 left)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People keep saying "ONLY $73" but really...isn't that an awful lot to spend on a free game?

Don't get me wrong; I've spend a bit on this game, but $73 for a digital item? Bit much if you ask me D: I feel disappointed now that I spend any money on this free game whatsoever.

Also...won't Warsoul be at a massive discount during this sale, too? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People keep saying "ONLY $73" but really...isn't that an awful lot to spend on a free game?

IDK, $6/month still cheaper than the $15 or whatever some other games cost. Not much more than a tank of gas or dinner and a movie nowadays, ijs.
  • Djavulen - Dreamweaver
    Djavulen - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    IDK, $6/month still cheaper than the $15 or whatever some other games cost. Not much more than a tank of gas or dinner and a movie nowadays, ijs.

What is the best class to get rank 8 too?

Do wiz be good with rank 8 or do -int still owns?

Anyway it feels like this game going to die after this sale lol. DW use to be full of people but it feels empty now :(
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What is the best class to get rank 8 too?

Do wiz be good with rank 8 or do -int still owns?

Anyway it feels like this game going to die after this sale lol. DW use to be full of people but it feels empty now :(

People say wizard, cleric, assassin, psychic and archer generally. I don't know, thats just what they say.

I personally think that rank 8 isn't all that much better than tt99 and lunar weapon, but people say the weapon is much better, idk.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i couldnt resist :(
    and the rank8 weapon unrefined is much stronger then my +7 IHRS( tt99) >_>

but thanks to this sale so many ppl gonna quit its all no more fun
    i like potato
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People say wizard, cleric, assassin, psychic and archer generally. I don't know, thats just what they say.

I personally think that rank 8 isn't all that much better than tt99 and lunar weapon, but people say the weapon is much better, idk.

Rank 8 has much higher base damage and higher refines, it actually has higher refines than a normall G14 would have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skysing
    skysing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    nah no rank 8 for me, already got nirvana set. Gonna follow Adroit, peacing out of this game after charm vanish
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rank 8 wep has lower refines than lunar and nv, but it has higher base than lunar.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rank 8 wep has lower refines than lunar and nv, but it has higher base than lunar.

thats news to me, I thought rank8 refines for higher than those
  • Djavulen - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats news to me, I thought rank8 refines for higher than those

So is rank 8 good for a wiz or is nirvana better?

And i have not seen 1 rank8 wiz yet today :(
    But rank8 clerics is everywhere lol
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So is rank 8 good for a wiz or is nirvana better?

And i have not seen 1 rank8 wiz yet today :(
    But rank8 clerics is everywhere lol

it kinda depends, being that 2nd cast nirvana has random stats (if you got the +20atk lvl stat, + like crit/magic something you could probably say that is better than rank8). Rank8 has higher base damage, auto 2 sockets, comes with a top/pants/ring, and has good stats. I went down the nirvana path solely because it was going to be cheaper being that I shared my wep via acct stash. Obviously I got totally jewed. You'd be crazy not to go down the rank path right now.. you could almost be at rank9 for the cost of what 2nd cast nv used to cost.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im sorry to hear that this games driven such an awesome wizard like Adroit out / :

I was feeling the same, but my friends are too amazing to just up and leave. Im gonna get my r8, Im not happy about having to do it.. it's a real copout, but not doing it makes me feel like I'd be just leaving myself behind.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I haven't even spent a dollar on this, just took advantage of the opportunity immediately and made out like a bandit. sold my 2 socket neon purgatory for 75 gold and... what then became my spare lunar ring for tons of dragon orbs to the same unsuspecting person

unbuffed: (+7 rank8 1 saphire gem)
    11,690 -> 14,128

buffed:
    13,000 min -> xxxxx

some examples of the damage:

sage glacial snare -> clean 10-11k crits on lvl 100 barbs -> gush crits 8-9k right after

dmg testing on a buffless lvl 100 cleric friend of mine... undine -> sage spark -> chi pot -> channel sage blade tempest -> frenzy -> extreme poison -> 37k crit

dmg testing on a 100 bm friend of mine in magic marrow... undine -> sage spark -> cloud eruption -> sage bids -> 12,500

b:thanks
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My original post I meant rank 8 armor not much better than tt99 ARMOR, but for weapon, after looking on pwcalc, holy bageeezus, +10 nature talker tops out at 2000+ before shards and mattk add? Yes please.

I am leaving my gear on this guy the same however and just going to use my underpowered (but bound) +10 IHRS with 2 icebournes. At least until rank 9 goes on sale for 45 silver this summer . . . .

Then again, I never geared up to be the best, just to be able to have fun.

BUT, my other wiz on sanctuary is going to be the newest Rank 8 wiz on the TW field. Only have 54% to go, then its gonna be "who the f*&k is that wizard and where did HE come from . . . . "

b:laugh

PS: NICE SIGGY PROSKI
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I haven't even spent a dollar on this, just took advantage of the opportunity immediately and made out like a bandit. sold my 2 socket neon purgatory for 75 gold and... what then became my spare lunar ring for tons of dragon orbs to the same unsuspecting person

unbuffed: (+7 rank8 1 saphire gem)
    11,690 -> 14,128

buffed:
    13,000 min -> xxxxx

some examples of the damage:

sage glacial snare -> clean 10-11k crits on lvl 100 barbs -> gush crits 8-9k right after

dmg testing on a buffless lvl 100 cleric friend of mine... undine -> sage spark -> chi pot -> channel sage blade tempest -> frenzy -> extreme poison -> 37k crit

dmg testing on a 100 bm friend of mine in magic marrow... undine -> sage spark -> cloud eruption -> sage bids -> 12,500

b:thanks

b:surrendermakes me wanna play again
    b:dirty9k gushes
    b:shockedi need to restat back to sage

Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Don't get me wrong; I've spend a bit on this game, but $73 for a digital item? Bit much if you ask me D: I feel disappointed now that I spend any money on this free game whatsoever.

Also...won't Warsoul be at a massive discount during this sale, too? :O

Price of warsoul during this sale 2990.

Price of warsoul after this sale 10-30k. :D
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sticking with my nirvana gear ty :)
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i had gold tt 99 wep +6 and i got me the rank 8 wep now, the minimum magic attack made a jump for like 3 k without any refines. so ye r8> tt 99
    it got same refine bonuses like a G15 wep, and i love the 4% crit on that wep, could have more magic on it tho ( mold 69 daggers for sin already grants 28 dex) .

well for the robe. dunno -6% channeling aint that important, but rank 8 is cheaper than tt 99 so ill go with that.
    since tt 99 chest is like 40 mil + tt 90 armor, tt 99 legs r like dunno 23 mil + tt 90 legs and wep well dunno the price of wep anymore, i had the godspeed, was like 5 mil+ tt 80 wheel + tt 90 wheel in total i think.

+ u get a wep.
    with gold prices at 950 k now (on HT) its alltogether 72.4 mil for legs, chest, and better wep + decent ring (another 4% crit)
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *** r8 i just +11ed nirv weap -_-
    did get r8 for sin though :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Djavulen - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol that 72 gold going to be about 700 dollar or more if i shall refine weap buy shards + bots and sleaves.

Only if i take the weapon and dont refine it it going to cost 72 dollars. And that is to much for a "free" game.

+ forsaken world soon coming b:victory
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol that 72 gold going to be about 700 dollar or more if i shall refine weap buy shards + bots and sleaves.

Only if i take the weapon and dont refine it it going to cost 72 dollars. And that is to much for a "free" game.

+ Forsaken World is run by PWE too how long do u think it will take to have same situation like here in PWI ?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sticking with my nirvana gear ty :)

Of course. Anyone that HAS it already would be silly to start over, i would guess.

Your level 82. How would that be any different than what you would have to do at 100 anyway? Your going to have to refine SOMETHING at level 100. So refine this instead. Same cost. Better result. Even refined to +3, this beats the pants off anything you would have likely gotten before.

So yea, that $73 isn't $700, unless that is what you were going to do anyway. And if that is the case, what are you talking about?
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

wats the foo talking about :O
    ate too much shrooms perhaps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

72$ (72mill with gold at 1mill each) for the rep
    2mill for the weap
    about 2mill for mirages to +4
    about 30mill for 2 icebourne gems

=

~106 mill for http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6d0b0b3e878035aa

this is a bargain compared to nirvana and lunar weap
    edited December 2010
    Options
    72$ (72mill with gold at 1mill each) for the rep
    2mill for the weap
    about 2mill for mirages to +4
    about 30mill for 2 icebourne gems

=

~106 mill for http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6d0b0b3e878035aa

this is a bargain compared to nirvana and lunar weap

30m for 2 icebourne? please go shopping for me fufu b:beg
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im seeing sapphieres for 5mill you need like 3 for icebourne ~.~
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im seeing sapphieres for 5mill you need like 3 for icebourne ~.~

I think you need 6 sapphire gems for 1 icebourne stone.

Ok, I KNOW you need 6 . . . .
This discussion has been closed.