Best Class For Rank 8?

Options
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
So, which classes are strongest with Rank 8? Weakest?
"And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Post edited by BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur on

Comments

• MisaxXxMisa - Archosaur
    MisaxXxMisa - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1. psy
    2. psy
    3. psy
    4. psy
    5. psy
    6. psy

Psy wins b:victoryb:victory and hiiii BLOOD! :3
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi. Where's the link to the TB rank 8 gear? can't find it.

Since my wiz gear is done (contrary to popular opinion, I don't CARE if I'm the best geared wiz on the server, so I doubt I'm getting rank 8), a rank 8 BLOODVOODOO may very well be making an appearance in west gate soon . . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • EvilNiz - Lost City
    EvilNiz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    edited December 2010
    Options

er, filter at work is blocking that site.b:beatup Can someone cut and paste rank 8 for tideborn? b:beg
  • Calmatica - Raging Tide
    Calmatica - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So, which classes are strongest with Rank 8? Weakest?

Csers
    non-Csers

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]was fun but...[/SIGPIC]
  • rruud
    rruud Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    er, filter at work is blocking that site.b:beatup Can someone cut and paste rank 8 for tideborn? b:beg

☆☆Psychic's Wish Souldrill ▼

Soulsphere
    Used by character(s): Psychic
    Close Range
    Grade 14
    Attack Speed 0.91
    Attack Range 2.5
    Physical attack 798-976
    Magical attack 1070-1448

Maximum Magic Attack +154
    Maximum Magic Attack +154
    Critical Hit Rate +4%
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Csers
    non-Csers

I said which classes. Not which players.
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just wizards really... I don't recall the rank 8 armor name for tideborns so I can't look up stats, but Rank 8 is bad for venos and barbs, "meh" for clerics, and ok for archers. The rank 8 sin daggers has lower base attack and refines for less than the 1st cast nirvana daggers, so unless their armor/set bonus makes up for it, rank 8 is bad for sins too.

So really the classes left are wizards (which rank 8 is great for), and maybe psychics (can't find armor/set bonuses yet).
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    From best to worst.

1. Inserts caster class: especially for 8+ mag casters, which can be pretty useful. Better healing power and m.dmg with good channeling. (Seems psy would fit in as 2)
    2. Assassin: Higher DEX damage also interval bonus making them attack faster. IMHO this favours VIT/light armor sins.
    3. Barbarian: It is ok, but not really that worth the time to even bother, at least VIT and reduce p.dmg taken adds, yet 3 stars can gain a better bonus.
    4. Blademaster, pretty pointless, you get STR instead of VIT where it is easily gained from crafting normal equips, at least reduce p.dmg taken.
    5. Archer, dex is only a useful add. Interval for archer does not even really add much at all.
    6. Venomancer no defense bonuses are just flat out useless. Squishy veno = bad idea.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    From best to worst.

1. Inserts caster class: especially for 8+ mag casters, which can be pretty useful. Better healing power and m.dmg with good channeling. (Seems psy would fit in as 2)
    2. Assassin: Higher DEX damage also interval bonus making them attack faster. IMHO this favours VIT/light armor sins.
    3. Barbarian: It is ok, but not really that worth the time to even bother, at least VIT and reduce p.dmg taken adds, yet 3 stars can gain a better bonus.
    4. Blademaster, pretty pointless, you get STR instead of VIT where it is easily gained from crafting normal equips, at least reduce p.dmg taken.
    5. Archer, dex is only a useful add. Interval for archer does not even really add much at all.
    6. Venomancer no defense bonuses are just flat out useless. Squishy veno = bad idea.

Thats kinda what I thought, except for the Archer. I would have thought they would have been higher in your ranking, but I don't play them so idk.

So is this because all those 5 aps classes won't be able to beat robes AS easily (surely they will still be able to do it, just that if we get some hits in they may have to actually play a little more thoughtfully), OR is this really about rank 9?

And if its really about rank 9, do they really think all that many people are going to dump the thousands of $ into the game that R9 requires, not just for medals and chips, etc.to get the gear but to shard and refine? If those people are putting in thousands, wouldn't they be OP anyway? With or without R9?

I don't really get all the qq unless (like me) they have already put in lots of money to shard and refine the old 90/100 gear which is now inferior to R8. If that's the case, I kinda get it, but god, don't qq so much. R8 is only g12 pants and shirt, nice but not exactly enough to greatly tip the balance of power. And the G14 weapon is nice, but again is the difference in ACTUAL pvp damage that great? A few hundred points would be my guess after filtering through targets gear/defense.
  • cheapazz
    cheapazz Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And the G14 weapon is nice, but again is the difference in ACTUAL pvp damage that great? A few hundred points would be my guess after filtering through targets gear/defense.

it is for me since the lunar bow was about 60-70mils with good refines was up 2 90misl (+9 lunar bow) the gold was around 500K so i needed at least 120$ just for my weapon. now i can get a lot more for 107$ the refines arent going to be great. but is better than my 90 green Xbow ijs.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    cheapazz wrote: »
    it is for me since the lunar bow was about 60-70mils with good refines was up 2 90misl (+9 lunar bow) the gold was around 500K so i needed at least 120$ just for my weapon. now i can get a lot more for 107$ the refines arent going to be great. but is better than my 90 green Xbow ijs.

Right, but the difference between lunar bow and rank 8 bow both +10 is likely very, very small in terms of pvp.
  • cheapazz
    cheapazz Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Right, but the difference between lunar bow and rank 8 bow both +10 is likely very, very small in terms of pvp.

i know. ppl with +10 refines is going to own anyways...the R8/9 is going to make a big dif. for ppl like me. every1 is QQ cuz they spent trizibimillionzzz of $$ to get their r8.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Psychic, Wizard or Archer.

Personally I'd go for archer, biggest range out of all 3 = most fun in TW.
    Packs World International
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Psychic, Wizard or Archer.

Personally I'd go for archer, biggest range out of all 3 = most fun in TW.

nooooooooooo, wiz is most fun in TW, although I admit archer is probably a close second.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The real question is what classes is r8 better than nirvana for,
    armor:
    archer top, sin top, caster tops, psychic wrists (dependent on build), rest nirvana is better (lunar or tt dependent on preference)
    weapon(lets assume decent rolling and price relativity):
    umm... none? Maybe archer as secondary weapon if you already have nirvana

What classes is r9 better than nirvana? ALL
    Relative value of r9 vs price of warsoul at present? r9=25x better value for just the weapon, 10x better value for full armor set vs just warsoul weapon. However if all prices were equal, all r9 armor and orns+warsoul weapon far outweighs for almost all classes.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What classes is r9 better than nirvana? ALL

Veno r9 still blows. HA/AA mix is still better than full AA squishy butt with a laughable pataka (least useful magic weapon for any caster class).
    weapon(lets assume decent rolling and price relativity):
    umm... none? Maybe archer as secondary weapon if you already have nirvana

Wizard weapon is arguably better. But even if the above is true, the cost of r8 now is much cheaper than the cost of 1st cast or 2nd cast nirvana. ~72m vs. at least 200m for 1st cast, I'd say r8 weapons for casters is a much better choice in terms of getting your money's worth.
  • WizardCraft - Harshlands
    WizardCraft - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi. Where's the link to the TB rank 8 gear? can't find it.

Since my wiz gear is done (contrary to popular opinion, I don't CARE if I'm the best geared wiz on the server, so I doubt I'm getting rank 8), a rank 8 BLOODVOODOO may very well be making an appearance in west gate soon . . . . .

What are you going to do there ? Impress mobs with your gear? Rank 8 on PvE really ?WHAT a WASTE b:pleased
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What are you going to do there ? Impress mobs with your gear? Rank 8 on PvE really ?WHAT a WASTE b:pleased

I am quite sure I have more pvp kills than you, junior.

And I bet I always will

Filters 1 of 1 PvP
    Archosaur Server
    1. BLOODMYSTIC......100...1321 Wizard Archosaur
    2. BDoomed..............101...1023 Wizard Archosaur
    3. Proski...................100...927 Wizard Archosaur

And no, I didn't duel someone 1321 times.
  • WizardCraft - Harshlands
    WizardCraft - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

And I bet I always will

Filters 1 of 1 PvP
    Archosaur Server
    1. BLOODMYSTIC......100...1321 Wizard Archosaur
    2. BDoomed..............101...1023 Wizard Archosaur
    3. Proski...................100...927 Wizard Archosaur

I have 2 100+ Chars , 3 if you count one on LC. Thus , PvE junior you are dismissed. Not impressed at all , try harder.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have 2 100+ Chars , 3 if you count one on LC. Thus , PvE junior you are dismissed. Not impressed at all , try harder.

I didn't try to impress you, lol. Don't try to impress us with being on a PvP server. Noone's impressed. Certainly not by someone who trolls while hiding behind a lvl 70 alt (assuming I believe anything you've said, which I am not sure whether I do or not).

The point, since you've clearly missed it, was not to show me at #1, or to show how many kills I had.

It was to show that you had no freaking idea what you were talking about by your original post.

In that regard, I succeeded. With flying colors, in fact.

Now, your dismissed.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

The point, since you've clearly missed it, was not to show me at #1, or to show how many kills I had.

Who you trying to fool? Yourself? That was a blatant e-penor self-stroke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Who you trying to fool? Yourself? That was a blatant e-penor self-stroke.

Dude, you have no idea who you are talking to. I have said time and time again that I suck at pk. And I will say it again here.

I suck at pk.

Ok, smarty pants, now what was the point of my post? Exactly what I said it was: people damn skippy sure do pk on pve servers.

Fail more.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dude, you have no idea who you are talking to. I have said time and time again that I suck at pk. And I will say it again here.

I suck at pk.

Ok, smarty pants, now what was the point of my post? Exactly what I said it was.

Fail more.

Don't get your panties in a twist, just calling it as I see it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi i'm from a pvp server, i took down my nose at everyone who plays on a pve server because i am obviously better b:victory

such noob carebears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi i'm from a pvp server, i took down my nose at everyone who plays on a pve server because i am obviously better b:victory

such noob carebears

no one is better than anyone else
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Don't get your panties in a twist, just calling it as I see it.

Well, you see it wrong. Its not a new experience for you, I am quite certain.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, you see it wrong. Its not a new experience for you, I am quite certain.

Are you saying your words take on a whole new different meaning on their own, independent of what you intended them to be? Must not be a new experience for you, I am quite certain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Are you saying your words take on a whole new different meaning on their own, independent of what you intended them to be? Must not be a new experience for you, I am quite certain.

No, i am saying anyone that can follow a conversation as opposed to reading my response in a vacuum, or had any idea who he was talking to, would know your statement was false.

The fact that, after I point it out to you thrice, you still don't get it, says more about you than it does about me, just sayin'
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Blood if you know your right and he knows he's right just leave it at that
    Fail troll of harshlands