I have a problem with alt+tab..

Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Support Desk
I play the game in full screen since my monitor is 15'' and can't efford to play in windowed mode (too small) but when I use alt+tab and return to the game, when I click with the mouse it takes me back at the desktop like the mouse pointer is on top of another program and not the game. The only thing I can do once I have pushed alt+tab is ctrl+alt+delete...

Any way to solve this problem? It's really frustating.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    play in windowed mode but drag your screen around till it fills the screen EXCEPT leave a portion for your taskbar - no more alt tabbing just click on the taskbar button to switch apps. you would only lose a small bit of height from the bottom of the screen depending on the height of your task bar.

you can even set task bar to autohide so you dont lose those extra pixels at the bottom of the screen.. leave 1 or 2 pixels clear at the bottom of screen to access task bar

this is what I do to get around the alt+tab hanging/glitching on laptops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    play in windowed mode but drag your screen around till it fills the screen EXCEPT leave a portion for your taskbar - no more alt tabbing just click on the taskbar button to switch apps. you would only lose a small bit of height from the bottom of the screen depending on the height of your task bar.

you can even set task bar to autohide so you dont lose those extra pixels at the bottom of the screen.. leave 1 or 2 pixels clear at the bottom of screen to access task bar

this is what I do to get around the alt+tab hanging/glitching on laptops

Yeah I know that, I hoped there was another way since the game gets a bit laggy in windowed mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /zus - Dreamweaver87
    /zus - Dreamweaver87 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm happened to me when i tried a new desktop theme.
    Try to change it and see what happens. otherwise idk
  • solbadguysrb
    solbadguysrb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have this same problem, is there any solution to this?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Run in Windowed mode, or add a a gigabyte or two of more RAM.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • solbadguysrb
    solbadguysrb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I want to run it in fullscreen, and 2Gb of ram is just fine for PW.. I played it in fullscreen without any problems before on even worse computer.