How do Clerics fare in PvP now?

Options
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Cleric
It's been over a year since I last played and was always pleased with the fighting spirit Clerics have, great PvE due to heals, your very own buffs, both physical and magical attacks, most wanted class for parties and excelent in PvP.

So has that changed in the past year? I mean with all those new classes and stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mikel_oru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We are still ok, but sins are kind of cramping our style. Mid/high APS sins jumping you from stealth is nigh impossible for any robe to survive. Other than that, it's much the same.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You're wrong about those sins. Not all sins go for the high aps, and not all sins are high lvl.

A good way to avoid sins massive attack combos and therefore death is to put plumeshell up constantly and wear Pdef ornaments.

The only way clerics fare well these days, is when they have very high hp (considering class), keep themselves constanly buffed, put plumeshell on as fast as they can OR.....

...use Apo pots and absolute domain.

Even a sin cant kill you when you're invicible for more then 7 seconds and you manage to run like hell. (not talking dueling here). A clerics best friend imo are holy path, AD and protection apos. They are dangerous, but not Godlike.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You're wrong about those sins. Not all sins go for the high aps, and not all sins are high lvl.

A good way to avoid sins massive attack combos and therefore death is to put plumeshell up constantly and wear Pdef ornaments.

The only way clerics fare well these days, is when they have very high hp (considering class), keep themselves constanly buffed, put plumeshell on as fast as they can OR.....

...use Apo pots and absolute domain.

Even a sin cant kill you when you're invicible for more then 7 seconds and you manage to run like hell. (not talking dueling here). A clerics best friend imo are holy path, AD and protection apos. They are dangerous, but not Godlike.

Plume shell is our golike defence but last 20 secs and has a 30 secs cooldown (if I remember correctly) and assasins can aproach you undetected and go for that 10 secs gap, anyone could easily think of that.

In any case I'm glad we're still good.

P.S. I don't play in PvE server anymore but I do log on Sanctuary for friends and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anthemyra - Archosaur
    Anthemyra - Archosaur Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Plume shell is our golike defence but last 20 secs and has a 30 secs cooldown (if I remember correctly) and assasins can aproach you undetected and go for that 10 secs gap, anyone could easily think of that.

In any case I'm glad we're still good.

P.S. I don't play in PvE server anymore but I do log on Sanctuary for friends and stuff.

^ that is when u use apoth
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yep sins pick on clerics alot but as has been said genie and apoth pots will help. Dont think its feasible to put up plume all the time as a preventative measure- better to domain then use plume shell during the immunity period.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Alasiah - Lost City
    Alasiah - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    While I think I am a pretty good healer, I am sad to say I am terrible at pvp.. but I am practicing with guildies and getting better. Anybody have any suggestions about gear or strategy? I am about 20% away from lvl 89 and plan on going demon. I definitely need advice on gear cuz I haven't been able to discuss it with clerics in game. Thanks!
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Genies and apoth. I'm guessing that apoth is some sort of potion that makes you see sins? and genies have some skill for that same purpose?

I was seriously thinking of making a sin since I like stealth but if there are things that will nullify my invisibility, I'll stick with my Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiffin - Heavens Tear
    Tiffin - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i am a pking cleric i do well adoiding the damn sins pop outs np uslay hv another sin but ,y hp is 2.3k and i do farly well in pk in HT we have a group of pkrs but not to many i need hlp getting genie advice for pk hlp?? thxb:laughb:cute
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i am a pking cleric i do well adoiding the damn sins pop outs np uslay hv another sin but ,y hp is 2.3k and i do farly well in pk in HT we have a group of pkrs but not to many i need hlp getting genie advice for pk hlp?? thxb:laughb:cute

I don't wanna sound offending but how can you PK with 2300 hp? My char in Sanctuary is lvl 73 and I have 2700 hp LA.

Oh and take a look here I think it has enough info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]