Thread for GM's, How to get people playing PWI again

Options
NightRage - Raging Tide
NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Packs. We all love it and hate it. Love it cause items get obtained faster, hate it when you get tokens in your packs.

Hate it even more cause the "nerfs" they added to the packs to stop people from getting too much stuff or even stop the economy from inflating have ruined the economy for PWI.

First off if you dont have a lunar weapon in your pack it makes some of the packs damn right anoying, it's too random if your gonna profit or not.

Everyone is slowly moving off of this game and moving onto some kind of game that requires skill to do well.

My idea is .. leave the packs how they are you were on the right track, made it harder to get good items etc, but make the tokens more useless, so no-lifes who have nothing better to waste their mommy's money on can avoid a compensation, compensation tokens are totally ruining the economy for players. If I wanted to stand still barely being able to do anything and having to open packs all the time ... hey wait I already have to do that cause im a cash-shopper... now my packs just get tokens every 10 seconds.

Seriously, even if you resist the boutique it still beckons you to buy packs if you want to do well, not fun on a F2P player with our long coin-farming techniques.

So the solution = make tokens useless, so CS ****** can still do their thing, and maybe baddies will go back to being baddies??

--

Sorry I gave up here because that wall was too big to try to translate to pack issues. Anyway, tl;dr time.

tl;dr Nobody is coming back to this horrible game. You lost.
Post edited by NightRage - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This just in: Death of PWI announced. Nobody cared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh NightRage, it's like you never left us. >_>

...and that's ironic on several levels, I think. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont understand why you also go buy packs if you hate it this much. I believe your right when you say that the tokens are ruining the economy. Its just horrible atm. Prices of gold has gone up to 833k each few hours ago..
    If enough ppl would realize this problem, stop buy them, they maybe would actually take the packs back. They wont do that as long as they keep sell this much b:surrender I admit its tempting, but I never bought any pack not with ingame coin or with gold. And yeah it sucks seeing all those pack-buyers buying and reselling gold and packs...But hey, everyone his way off playing. Im happy you realize the problem, but Im still hoping more and more will realize it and stop their pack-addiction. Atm it nearly impossible trying to save ingame coin and buy gold with it.
    Make tokens useless..Well yeah.. But so many WC and so many catshops open to sell tokens. Their vallue wont go down this fast. Its almost unbelievable since there are tons of tokens of market lol.Unless GM's changed the NPC tokenprice if thats what you mean.
    One has to start giving the good example so gogo NightRage heal yourself from the packtemptation!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    2011-2012 will be a good set of years for gaming, no more will us *skill* loving players have to deal with...this, for *skill*, buying gear, buying refines, and button mashing to victory, or just letting your auto attack go 3 times to kill someone and watching your e-peen get larger.

eitherway, only thing i use tokens on has been mp food, only ever bought 10 hypers in my time playing, mp food should have always been in the game, as we all know how badly clerics burn mp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    Kipitei - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't really understand why people complain about packs. I mean sure its stupid and annoying but EVERY f2p game with cash shop has some kind of "lucky box/pack/present/basement dweller" that give 99% garbage and 1% chance to get super endgame stuff so people buy loads of them.
    Unless your playing the certain "whoa" named game you will have to deal with these kinds of things. Its horrible for the playerbase but its the only way mmos can make money nowdays when there are billon games out and p2play sadly doesn't work anymore.

That said though, I otherwise really like pwi's cash shop. It doesn't give a huge advantage to anyone in endgame because you can buy the gold. But its a really nice boost at low levels so people who have jobs&family can catch up to the rest of the playerbase faster.
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i <3 packs, they got me bout 600mil worth equipment and i opened like 100 of them when they first came (and got nothing out of them).. so i changed approach..

you just need to adopt to new situations..
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How to get people play PWI again?
    Add more endgame content , and fix some of the more annoying bugs.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • Grandisfanum - Sanctuary
    Grandisfanum - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How to get people play PWI again?
    Add more endgame content , and fix some of the more annoying bugs.

+1

The endgame got really boring. TT3-3 got unfarmable for average suqads, unless you have a bunch of 5.0 with you <_<. Delta is dead, fcc rules -.-, PK not worth with these heavy Cashshoppers. TW is the only fun except I'm facing a cashshopper XD. And Nirvana is for me as BM not so easy, I'm no 5.0 BM and won't go for it. I know that 5.0 will be somedays nerfed and I won't spend millions, to be nerfed in the future. I'm hoping to get something new with this Genesis Expansion.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How to get people back into PWI? Believe me, they don't even need to think about it.

Sure, you're probably pretty pissed at this game and quit a long time ago (or are still playing, yet pissed). Your best friends probably quit a while ago too.

I'm sick of this game aswell.

also inb4
    trolololol then what are you still doing here?
    If you were going to ask such a thing, here's the answer for you in advance: It's none of your business.

Anyway, it's still a sad fact that we (the complainers, the QQers, call it whatever you want) are nothing more than a minority in here.

For example, the pirates vs. ninjas costume sale. Nobody really cared about that as far as I've seen. Heck, I haven't seen ANYONE in a pirate costume since the free temporary versions on last year's halloween.

So, if you had to make a comment on the news post, what would you say? Something along the lines of ''LOL good job PWE, another useless sale nobody gives a damn about!''

And that's what most people posted there right?

...right?

Think again.

As you can see in the last page of comments (after the complaints about the servers still being down, so they couldn't play their precious game), there are more than enough people that will blindly follow PWE and swallow every ounce of **** that PWE puts out.

And then ask for more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Re-rolling new classes as a means of putting extra life into the game instead of end-game content, hur hur.

No really, if they wanted to get people playing again I'm sure they would have tried a year ago. b:embarrass
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont understand why you also go buy packs if you hate it this much.

I guess these what called human nature and their ability to tell lies to their own self. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As you can see in the last page of comments (after the complaints about the servers still being down, so they couldn't play their precious game), there are more than enough people that will blindly follow PWE and swallow every ounce of **** that PWE puts out.

And then ask for more.

QFT

But complaining all the time isn't all that better, imo.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wow BR Karthus is posting here too >.>
  • Sikex - Sanctuary
    Sikex - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This game actually used to be fun, but at 90+ it does get very repetitive and expensive. If you don't have the right gear (such as Veno's without a Herc being left out out) or the cash to blow, it can take forever to level with everyday being the exact same thing. I remember near the end of me playing, it was simply logging in, spending a ton on CS and BH, and logging off. That or spend a few hours doing FCC. Endgame content is by far repetitive and pricey to do.

Refining gear can be outrageous, and being lucky enough to find a Lunar Weapon in packs is a million to one. The best part of the game for me, like some, was TW but just like PK, only the cash shoppers come out on top. Ironic they fixed TW just in time. On Sanctuary, the moment Nefarious was starting to fall and other guilds were getting land and funds, the entire system was changed. So, making money fast in the game has become difficult. . I've also realized that 2x drops are quite a rare sight so that makes TT an even longer process.

With the new classes, I am getting drawn back in but then I thought back to all of the money I spent on my archer (and I don't think I'm wanting to do that again). Between aerogear, and fashion and mounts, charms, etc, it really added up. It depresses me to see this game spiraling out of control and going to those with the bigger wallets. When I first played this game, I really thought it was for me! D:

Anyway, I'm playing FW now I think. It's a lot better, and even the refining system is better and doesn't reset your gear. That game really is a PWI 2 and a lot better by the looks of it. (: Though, if PWI's Earthguard Seeker is anything like warrior, you all might see a new meaning to OP!
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm agreed but you have to remember that GM's only follow orders =P the bad of the story are dev'ils ...
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Closing troll thread.
This discussion has been closed.