2»

Comments

• buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Very interesting information.

QQ no 5.0 seekers.

5.0 aps losing its effectiveness, bet the wizzys are happy. >:P

Mystics having multiple pets, who needs aps if you can control like 8 of them? b:shocked

Can't wait for more clarification though.

Supposedly it will happen in the next expansion AFTER the Eartguards. By then, all of those people will be max lvl with all the gear they wanted... loooong forgotten about PWI.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm so gonna say "fly my prettys!" with my mystic's horde. Seekers seriously use mirages for some of their skills though? That is so lame. Unless they add mirages to dragon points then its 40% less lame lol

I was really hoping that the new classes would have specialized weapons, but at least they are restricted to logical weapon types.

The new guild weapons intrigue me, especially if its better than my tt99 gold sphere. I don't mind if its worse than rank8+ or nirvana as long as it doesn't have another -chan add I have no use for b:chuckle

Mystics rez buff makes me very happy. Great for soloing, and in squad it should always go on the cleric so if they wipe cleric doesn't have to use a scroll or go to town. I heard it lowers xp loss too so everyone wins.

I can haz more Mystic infoz plox b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Finally a male summoner!
    and if u have to add mirages to skills ..i bet the skils are going to hit hard or help with great awsomeness.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Finally a male summoner!
    and if u have to add mirages to skills ..i bet the skils are going to hit hard or help with great awsomeness.

Uhh...
    nimh88 wrote: »
    16. Mystics do not have any skills that require mirages.

I'm also wondering how the "Seekers can only use their only weapons" will be done.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Mystic pets are the same level as their owner each time? b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ecatomb - Harshlands
    Ecatomb - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    9. Mystics can have two kinds of pets, one is "契约者" (contracted pet?), the other is a plant. In extremely cases, up to eight pets can be summoned at one time.
    I wonder if the Mystic pet could be like the one of a necromancer. Maybe it lost hp everytime.
    It should be really strange if they could get 8 pets (similar to venomancer) at same time.
    ecatomb.net/pwi/

Skill Database - Item Database - Character Simulator
    Baby Pet - Rare Pet - lvl100 Pet - Quest
    Screenshot of: Fashion - Mount - Armor - Weapon
  • Vortella - Archosaur
    Vortella - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Uhh...

I'm also wondering how the "Seekers can only use their only weapons" will be done.
    Probably by limiting the weapons that can be used with their spells.
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wonder if the Mystic pet could be like the one of a necromancer. Maybe it lost hp everytime.
    It should be really strange if they could get 8 pets (similar to venomancer) at same time.

Well, there is one important thing that is missing about all those "pets". All we know is that there are 7 kinds of "plants" that can be summoned all, + 1 controlling "pet". Now the question is "Are the plants mobile or stationary?". I myself assume they are stationary, and will function like totems (buffs, debuffs, HP/MP tanks, CC); but again, its only speculation...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Probably by limiting the weapons that can be used with their spells.

Wouldn't make a difference; after all, it's all about auto-attacking with those.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I'm on LC, but I don't think it matters THAT much. Are you saying that some major players, which do not TW for w/e reason will join the small factions for the wars to help them?

[giving an example of LC, where atm there are 2 factions owning the map (it's the weekend I can't check if anything major happened lately, but 1 territory of ThaClick doesn't mean anything to me)] do you think, just because they are "enemies", they're gonna.... leave their faction for the war to join the other (no name factions) for.... ummm.... to just have the opportunity to .. fight each other? If yes, then this will cause a MAJOR faction members turnover. Not sure if that would be the best... I see some interesting parts, but it sounds more like stress, a lot of plotting, spies, etc.

I think you miss the point of the allies system .. People will not need to leave their current guilds to help another guild attack a HQ. (This is separate from TW )
    If two factions are allied they can call people in from the said faction to help. Ie: 20 from Fac A + 20 from Fac B attacking Fac C's guild base (everyone will still be in 3 separate guilds )

Ofc the top guilds will not need to .. but opens the way for say the 3rd strongest Fac allying with the 4th and 5th so they can pool their members for guild HQ attacks ... yes you are right and hopefully there will be a bit of plotting etc :p
    What's in it for them? I guess the satisfaction of potential win over the big guys..

Well according to the information the acquired resources will be split between all victorious guilds. Ie: Fac A and B team up and beat C .. A and B both get 50% of the spoils.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Freakin Great Sounds like PWE is getting there ~edited~ together

GM's thats not my Orig post lol. Stop changing all my Stuffb:victory QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VitalRus - Sanctuary
    VitalRus - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If two factions are allied they can call people in from the said faction to help. Ie: 20 from Fac A + 20 from Fac B attacking Fac C's guild base (everyone will still be in 3 separate guilds )

There is one more thing: if people from Fac A and Fac B have no real experience of TW, they will lose combat against people from Fac C, who have such experience. Many people even from lvl3 factions on PVE servers have no experience of large-scale fight.

As much as I remember from JD, Guild A can send "invitation to combat" to Guild B, but Guild B can refuse, if they don't want to fight. If fight for guild base will be organized like that - then I'm gonna like it.

I don't want to take part in TW every week, but fight on guild base can be also fun (since Arena in Arch doesn't work b:cry).
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oke.. seems like the veno's just got screwed over. I hope mystics don't have skills like bramble, purge and amp :/ So veno's will still be wanted in squads...

Dont worry, Mystics wont get bramble or purge and amp, but Seekers will get a Quazi purge, and Psy's have bramble, and bm's sins have amp so :\

Further, if mystics get a working knockback in pvp.... will archers get it also? Since... well, they have a skill called "Knock back arrow?"
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think you miss the point of the allies system .. People will not need to leave their current guilds to help another guild attack a HQ. (This is separate from TW )

Ofc the top guilds will not need to .. but opens the way for say the 3rd strongest Fac allying with the 4th and 5th so they can pool their members for guild HQ attacks ... yes you are right and hopefully there will be a bit of plotting etc :p

Well according to the information the acquired resources will be split between all victorious guilds. Ie: Fac A and B team up and beat C .. A and B both get 50% of the spoils.

Well you see, I get the allies idea. My post was in response to yours, in which you talked about well geared players who don't TW... I thought you meant that they, as individuals (or a few of them), would join random guild to help them out. The quote I was referring to can be found below.
    Well they also mentioned a guild alliance system where guilds can " team " up to take on stronger ones.
    So you could have the Scenario of 2 non-TW guilds each sending their best 20 players to fight a top guild for their base.
    Now I don't know what server you play on, but on HT there are a lot of very well geared players who don't TW for w/e reason and if 40 of them them allied up ... they could make a potent force

You see, I know the new wars aren't supposed to be TW battles, but I see them being... like it.

I like the idea, though I already see some potential problems. (Sure we don't know much and most of the time we are speculating, but what if what we know is true and most people don't realize the flaws behind it yet?!?!?)

Ok, you said top guilds won't ally, because they don't have to. Whether that would occur or not does not matter. Faction 3,4, and 5 will ally against faction 1, x, and y, cool. MAYBE there is a chance of the battle being won by the allies from 3,4, and 5.

What happens if faction 1 allies with faction 23rd and 50th, and they fight against allies from faction 21, 51 and 234???????? Do you see my point yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There are two threads on the Chinese forums, one is started by a Dev., the other is by a forum Mod, both shed some interesting light on the new expansion.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1668091&extra=page%3D3

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1668637&extra=page%3D4&page=1

I am too lazy to translate everything, but here are the high lights:

1. Seekers will only be able to equip sword/blade (perhaps the new two-handed sword), and nothing else. (no 5.0 seekers?)

2. The new weapon enhancing stones will disappear when switching weapons. (bummer for bms?)

3. You don't need to have a territory in order to have a faction base.

4. Faction base wars will be limited to 40 participants on each side.

5. There's a blurb on 5 aps... not sure how to translate it, just going to paste it here:

Q:5.0什么的讲两句
    A:这是游戏发展到某个阶段所要面临的具有偶然性的问题,这个问题会通过后续的版本开发逐步使其影响变弱,继而变得不尖锐,这个后续版本也许是明年的大型资料片,目前正在考量各职业的持续成长方向及成长后的主要玩法。我想说的是,我们经历过很多阶段性的偶然问题,比如武器模型雷同、凤凰传奇、妖精抓蛋、****,我们跟很多老玩家一起经历了这些,但这些到最后都成了过眼云烟,我们还在这里。说到底,每个历史时期总会有主要矛盾,随着发展,主要矛盾会淡化直至消失,而留下的人就是变革的见证者。(这话讲得好烂)换种说法,我们会寻求不激烈不肉疼的方式淡化这个问题,只是还需要一些时间,让尽可能多的人不感到疼。(能理解的明白我说什么,不能理解的且随意理解)

My understanding is that 5.0 will not be changed in this expansion, but in the coming expansion, it will loose its effectiveness gradually. (new FB bosses having reflect skills?)

6. Mystic's skill "花溅雨" (aoe DD and knock-back) will work in PVP. (Holy smokes! knock-back in pvp?!!)

7. Mystic has a revive skill, but it works like the reviving scroll, so it will have a very long CD.

8. Seekers will be the pillars in TWs, they have physical and magic attack skills. They have a skill that will shift all negative effects back to the attakers. (wowsers!)

9. Mystics can have two kinds of pets, one is "契约者" (contracted pet?), the other is a plant. In extremely cases, up to eight pets can be summoned at one time.
    10. There will be new weapons only available at faction bases.

11. The new weapons have base attacks lower than rank 8 and nirvana, but has powerful add-ons. The add-ons are especially powerful for magic class, they are "是空前的" (unprecedented?). (an attempt to appease the wizards in the 5.0 age?)

12. There will be no new battling-Fbs in this expansion.

13. There will be no 10-men squad in this expansion.

14. Mystics can heal veno pets, and venos can heal mystic pets.

15. Mystic pets do not need to be trained, they can be summoned and will be the same level as their masters.
    16. Mystics do not have any skills that require mirages.

17. The new race does not have wings, their flying mount will be different than all the other races.

I think that's about it. b:laugh

Please don't tell me that this will replace venos..... b:surrender

And hopfully Mystic pets can lure or tank well.... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Q:5.0什么的讲两句
    A:这是游戏发展到某个阶段所要面临的具有偶然性的问题,这个问题会通过后续的版本开发逐步使其影响变弱,继而变得不尖锐,这个后续版本也许是明年的大型资料片,目前正在考量各职业的持续成长方向及成长后的主要玩法。我想说的是,我们经历过很多阶段性的偶然问题,比如武器模型雷同、凤凰传奇、妖精抓蛋、****,我们跟很多老玩家一起经历了这些,但这些到最后都成了过眼云烟,我们还在这里。说到底,每个历史时期总会有主要矛盾,随着发展,主要矛盾会淡化直至消失,而留下的人就是变革的见证者。(这话讲得好烂)换种说法,我们会寻求不激烈不肉疼的方式淡化这个问题,只是还需要一些时间,让尽可能多的人不感到疼。(能理解的明白我说什么,不能理解的且随意理解)

My understanding is that 5.0 will not be changed in this expansion, but in the coming expansion, it will loose its effectiveness gradually. (new FB bosses having reflect skills?)

Don't worry, I am fluent in GM speak, Dev talk, and also understand a bit of human marketing speak.
    Translation: They're keeping 5 APS and buffing up future bosses. because it makes good monies. o_O and by "gradually" it means they've done nothing and don't plan to do anything about it in the near future.'
    b:avoid

And use a genie SilverCleric.
    D:<

*Hamster away! poof*
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Jamie_Rebecc - Dreamweaver
    Jamie_Rebecc - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.w2i.wanmei.com%2Fviewthread.php%3Ftid%3D1668091%26extra%3Dpage%253D3

Translated version of page 1...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.w2i.wanmei.com%2Fviewthread.php%3Ftid%3D1668637%26extra%3Dpage%253D4%26page%3D1

Translated version of page 2...

Well this sucks! It sound like the venos are getting screwed over big time... Back to soloing everything I do >.> My poor nix and herc.
    Jamie_Rebecc 9X - Herced/Nixed venomancer of Dreamweaver
    Actual join date: 3/16/2009

Half way there on getting my beamhoof slicer b:dirty

Ex-Factions: Crusaders, Dynasty, HDT
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Uhh...

just like pills i guess. every other weapon will get a "elf-untamed-human-fish required class"
    no pumpkin head for meb:cry
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dont worry, Mystics wont get bramble or purge and amp, but Seekers will get a Quazi purge, and Psy's have bramble, and bm's sins have amp so :\

Further, if mystics get a working knockback in pvp.... will archers get it also? Since... well, they have a skill called "Knock back arrow?"

Veno's have a reflect, disabled in PvP. Psy's came along with a reflect that *gasp* works in PvP. Veno's reflect is still disabled. So i'm going with nope! Old classes will be screwed over with superior new classes.
  • qqthem
    qqthem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wohoo for 10 man squad :o
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    qqthem wrote: »
    wohoo for 10 man squad :o

erm i think q/a said no 10 man squads
  • towermaster1
    towermaster1 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They are not pets in the sense that each time a Mystic summoned a creature it is a different one and not a unique pet belonging to a Veno.

The summoned Mystic symbiotes/minions are determined by the Mystic skill level and MP.

For example, a Mystic summoned plant might last one minute before disappearing or earlier if the Mystic cast plant Immolation against the enemy.

Mystic have a skill that can draw power from their minions (depending on the type the benefits are HP recovery, bonus to magic attack or bonus to magical defense).
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As well as introducing two new interval items along with the Tideborn Expansion... Lvl 6 tomes and Nirvana pants. It was clearly intended.

And it appears their fix will be nerfing aps and giving wizards more powerful weapons to compensate for pve. This is gonna make pvp horribly imbalanced.
    Surprised face? Cause you can't possibly ever be wrong, am I rite?

Note that it said magic classes, not wizards, but then again that's just you and got used to it.

Now shoo and go argue with the devs (or call them idiots) and leave BS away from me.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sacrifical strike on my neon purgatory plz
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sacrifical strike on my neon purgatory plz

hmm i almost posted a 10 page of swear words toward this but i decided to be nice and say ****** hell to the *** dam ****** nooooooooooooob:angry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Surprised face? Cause you can't possibly ever be wrong, am I rite?

Note that it said magic classes, not wizards, but then again that's just you and got used to it.

Now shoo and go argue with the devs (or call them idiots) and leave BS away from me.

Stupid little man... where did I act surprised? The other casters *could* use a little more punch in their magic attacks, wizards, however don't. Of course, you wouldn't know this because you're probably using a +2 99 glaive or something. Again, your foresight proving just how horrible you are. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2010

ah well.. at least that leaves veno's with "all-in-one" x__X""

anyway, I hope no class will become obsolete because of the new classes :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hmm sounds interesting tw might become fun again if i read it correct, factions dont need land for base wars? so any faction with a base, small or large,b:victory can vs any other other faction, so the small factions dont have to face the large ones with 5mins rolls and no fun