(real) money making?

Purespiritt - Raging Tide
Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Generally people say f.e. ....
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125991&highlight=money+making

But this tips are not enought.
Actually when i save some money than all goes for skills (100-150k> for 1) + all the time i must buy potion,ammunition and sometimes new eq. I don't buy fashions or another "toys". 1,2 skills and i have few k coins leftb:surrender

Items don't drop so much,molds are very rare,dq selling in stal is worthy only by lvls 20-30 (backpack and bank increase).

Better sell herbs and generally resources or prefabricated from apothecary, wine?
When wine than which lvl...for bh 51,59 or??
Any idea for real making,(except Item Shop gold trading)?
Post edited by Purespiritt - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You won't get any of the actual stuff that people merchant, since that might create competition in those markets and lower their profits.

At your level (64), having lots of coin really isn't a problem. What's the problem is that you're probably doing 3 BHs a day, plus WQ and CS and possibly PQ. What this does is that you level up while only spending coin, not gaining any. For example, grinding an hour a day will usually cover your CS and BH expenses.

The real money makers in PWI are instances and merchanting. Farming 2-x or 3-x or Nirvana makes the most coin, if you have a dedicated party, in terms of running instances. As for merchanting, you'll only be able to merchant properly when you have like 10,000,000 coins.

If you want to make coins, don't spend much. I don't mean that you should fly everywhere, that's a waste of time. I mean that you should hold on some skills unless they're necessary for you to grind, not to mention not buying new armors until you can buy them without gong bankrupt.

You're an Archer, so as long as you got a good weapon, you'll do fine.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm.. I remember starting an archer without any support from my main and I ended up with around 7m when I was your level. Learned all the skills I could with whatever spirits I had. I remember just picking up DQs (after DQ nerf) and selling them. I also sold mats dropped by mobs and dug along my grinding places in AH. I don't know how some people could have so little coins...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm.. I remember starting an archer without any support from my main and I ended up with around 7m when I was your level. Learned all the skills I could with whatever spirits I had. I remember just picking up DQs (after DQ nerf) and selling them. I also sold mats dropped by mobs and dug along my grinding places in AH. I don't know how some people could have so little coins...

Well, nowadays people pretty much only do BH and CS and WQ to level as fast as possible. Problem is that none of those make any coin.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You got to tell me how you managed to get 7m at lvl 64 o_0
    I never managed to get above 500k; skills are expensive, mana pots/food too, repair costs, travel...
    And I'm grinding.
    I've never been lucky with drops in instances though; never got a single mold.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't get how an archer would need so many pots at that level.. not yet even at the level where one might wanna barrage stuff. Most normal mobs at this level you should kill before they even hit you -- often with just normal attacks, otherwise kb arrow a guaranteed kill especially with a mob w/defense or inc life status.

You should look into, if grinding is for you, how to more efficiently manage it as an archer (like using cheaper arrows/bolts).
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, I don't know about archers - but as a veno... I'd probably spent about that much, if you total up all my skills.

Actual cash in hand at that point was maybe 100k at a time, if I saved up.

My first big lump of cash came from using the free tickets in the supply-stash and trying the cube. Got a bunch of chips and an ecstacy card from it.

If you don't happen to get lucky (a single mold drop, or a -channel item can get you over the first 1m hump, too) then selling mats is a good steady way to make coin.

From there, it's been merchanting all the way, you can guarantee a slow return on your money by playing safe (crafting and selling crazy-stones, for example) or you can take a small risk and buy stuff that you hope will sell for potentially very large profits.

As a simple tip - see how cheaply you can buy some tokens, and look at what you can craft them into, and see what you can sell those items for to people in a hurry; other people also have that idea, so you can't always sell the same things - but sometimes you'll find a niche you can market.

I'm told that FB51 wines sell quite well outside of the FB itself. (! Who the heck wines 51!) - presumably people fly in and think "Oh, some wine, why not?"
  • Purespiritt - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Generally i play in PWI 2,3 time in week. I don't make 3x bh every day,sometimes i only collect herbs,check stal and auctions in game.
    This is my 2nd archer,I now somethings about skills and don't buy this unnecessary. My basic are frost arrow,knocback and stunnng skills + pasivs + STA.
    I have lvl 64 and play in this account from April so lvl slowly and know that skills are more important.
    I buy good eq for long time among other things molds and don't change this when i see somethings prettyb:chuckle
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ah.. the art of money making..
    everything in that "money making" is just a good advice..
    be patient, read between the lines, improvise, gather experience, keep close eye on market, try to predict future..

you cant expect to read 2-3 pages of text and become rich.. everyone would do it.. and everyone would have 200+mil coins.. ant you wouldnt be rich anymore..
  • Purespiritt - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I think that solution is easy - just farming... Espacially now when we have 2x dropb:victory
    Yes and be patient...b:tired