WraithTanker - Sanctuary
WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
million......in 1 hour. Enough Best of Luck Tokens came out for a grand total of 180 million coins.

b:shutup

EDIT sorry forgot a earlier token. So the total is 180 million coins

4.320 billion in 24 hours
30.240 billion in a week

if the 180 mil trend continues
Post edited by WraithTanker - Sanctuary on

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    And your point is?

Stop pretending TW money didn't have an effect.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    And your point is?

Stop pretending TW money didn't have an effect.

Your serious?

When I got TW pay it was for skills/charm i never had extra coins from TW. So please tell me how much did you get in TW pay?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sarcasm detection fail?

At least I hope he was sarcastic....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't get it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't get it...

He's referring to inflation and the amount of coins that are being put into the game due to packs.
    TW coin rewards had nothing to do with the inflation, and changing it to mirages will not make up for that.
  • Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver6
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver6 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    million......in 1 hour. Enough Best of Luck Tokens came out for a grand total of 180 million coins.

b:shutup

EDIT sorry forgot a earlier token. So the total is 180 million coins

4 320 billion in 24 hours
    30 240 billion in a week

if the 180 mil trend continues

Now factor in the 420 billion coins to buy the packs to "make" 240 billion coins NOTHING IS INJECTED INTO THE ECONOMY.

coin sink pwi method is coin sink.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If it makes you feel better I just NPCd like 11000 tokens so you can add 110m to that figure b:cute

Now factor in the 420 billion coins to buy the packs to "make" 240 billion coins NOTHING IS INJECTED INTO THE ECONOMY.

Packs are not created with coins. They are created by destroying gold. You trade your coins for the gold of another player (who gets your coins). The only coin sink is the 2% AH fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    He's referring to inflation and the amount of coins that are being put into the game due to packs.
    TW coin rewards had nothing to do with the inflation, and changing it to mirages will not make up for that.

Isn't there a thread discussing the same thing?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=924922
    *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    edited November 2010

where are u getting 420 billion coins from o.o;

U also realize I didnt take in account of the champ scrolls/scroll of tome/ anything else right.....
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010

The 420 billions coins (random number from ***/ssiN, dont know actual number) which bought the packs WERE NOT REMOVED from the economy, just shuffled to other players.

30 billion coins (projected rate, 180 million current count) IS INJECTED INTO THE ECONOMY.

Its not a coin sink, learn the difference between coins being added, removed, or just moved around.
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Not really, since they're not bought from NPCs, they just get transferred to another player, thus remaining in the system. The system does not mean your wallet.
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010

You think money "disappears" from the game just because you don't see your coin anymore after you buy something from another player? Lol you're an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    You think money "disappears" from the game just because you don't see your coin anymore after you buy something from another player? Lol you're an idiot.

People are funny, aren't they? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    edited November 2010

btw it is 30 billion is a week

30 240 is 30.240 billion the 240 being million. I got lazy to round it up
    edited November 2010
    btw it is 30 billion is a week

30 240 is 30.240 billion the 240 being million. I got lazy to round it up

Server wide people don't profit off of packs, and that's a fact. Do a select few have a good run and profit (yes), does 98% of the people who buy packs (no). It's a coin sink and it doesn't matter if you factor in every single item you get from them. Look up warrenwolfy's pack simulator and run them as many times as you can. Packs are designed to take about 10k-12k from you (on sale).
    edited November 2010
    Server wide people don't profit off of packs, and that's a fact. Do a select few have a good run and profit (yes), does 98% of the people who buy packs (no). It's a coin sink and it doesn't matter if you factor in every single item you get from them. Look up warrenwolfy's pack simulator and run them as many times as you can. Packs are designed to take about 10k-12k from you (on sale).

Actually I made profit after 100-200 packs more than I lost money.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010

It isn't. The coin you use to buy the packs goes to the player selling gold. How's that a coin sink? Yes, there are AH fees but those aren't significant enough to take away the amount of coin generated by best lucks. Even NPCing the tokens should bring more money in economy than what AH fees remove.

Profit? Rarely. Coin flood? Of course.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010

Packs don't sink any coin. It's the merchants giggling at idiots who think coin "disappears" when they spend it who sink the coin, 2% per gold at a time, sinking a SLIGHT bit of coin. EVEN IF every pack on the server was charged 2% tax, which it is not by the way because LOTS of cash shoppers just charge to buy the packs fresh off the boutique, the % chance you have of getting a TOBL and being able to cash in 10M from just two of them FAR outweighs the "10-12K" you are making a huge deal out of. NOTHING you buy from the BOUTIQUE is SINKING coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And who cares about more coins in the system? It's not like things are getting more expensive. This is not a real economy. Everything has gotten cheaper even with more coins. So everyone having more coins AND things get cheaper = win? Before you cry about "BUT GOLD GOT MORE EXPENSIVE!", that has nothing to do with "inflation" but is due to the company doing sale that set the value of gold. i.e. if you change in the boutique how much one gold can buy, you change gold's value and therefore its price related to coins.

LOL. (that's all)
    edited November 2010
    Simple, profit 9 times out of 10 goes back to buy packs so any "profit" just vanished b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's a coin sink and it doesn't matter if you factor in every single item you get from them.

/facepalm

Packs GENERATE coin. There is nothing about a pack that removes coins from the economy.

People can convert tokens into wines, npc them and create new coins. Perfect Tokens of Best Luck can be combined and exchanged for a 10 Million Big Note when sold to an NPC create 10m new coins.

Clearly you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Simple, profit 9 times out of 10 goes back to buy packs so any "profit" just vanished b:bye

Coins do not go anywhere. We are talking about more coin coming to the economy and you're talking about individual profits?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010

No one said it was profitable for each individual. But it is injecting coins into the economy at an alarming rate.

It is not a coin sink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

Yes it vanished from you ROFL. And where do you think those coins went? To NPC? Naah noway they went to other players who sold the gold.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010

Again, if you think that when you buy something off another player the coin you spent VANISHED from the game, you are an idiot. So if I sell 40 packs to you at 400K, earn 16M from it, buy a garnet gem for from another player for 16M, what impact did I just make on the server? If you said absolutely nothing, then you are right, but I have a feeling you thought I just sank 16M coin into the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    No one said it was profitable for each individual. But it is injecting coins into the economy at an alarming rate.

It is not a coin sink.

What alarming rate?

And who cares about more coins in the system? It's not like things are getting more expensive. This is not a real economy. Everything has gotten cheaper even with more coins. So everyone having more coins AND things get cheaper = win? Before you cry about "BUT GOLD GOT MORE EXPENSIVE!", that has nothing to do with "inflation" but is due to the company doing sale that set the value of gold. i.e. if you change in the boutique how much one gold can buy, you change gold's value and therefore its price related to coins.
    edited November 2010

LOL. (that's all)

They cut TW pay from coins to mirages to "help with inflation". But, as I show the tokens produce more coins than TW. If they really wanted to "help inflation" wouldnt they go for the biggest source?
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Don't buy that cut inflation ****. They took out pay to cut players' income, not inflation. There haven't been any inflation. Gold price stayed consistently around 400k when packs are in boutique for 1 gold in the year that packs been out. Gold price was set by what one gold can buy, while everything else gotten cheaper.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Better take away mirages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."