New wizard skill coming

BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Wizard
Ok, just heard a rumor that there is some new aoe wizard skill coming, probably with the next expansion. Anyone hear the same thing? Anyone know any details?

I was generally one to believe that they would never change the class no matter how much it needed it. Is it possible I am wrong? Me? Nah
"And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Post edited by BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If it's real will it cost spark ? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ok, just heard a rumor that there is some new aoe wizard skill coming, probably with the next expansion. Anyone hear the same thing? Anyone know any details?

I was generally one to believe that they would never change the class no matter how much it needed it. Is it possible I am wrong? Me? Nah

As to your first statement; where did u hear the rumor?
    As to your second statement; No. You being wrong is absolutely impossible.
    Lastly, why do we need a new aoe skill? 30 sec sutra! Sutra II! (tactic: scream for the stars and settle for the moon) ;)

or a stunbreak, maybe?
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    As to your first statement; where did u hear the rumor?

No where at all reliable.

But the rumor is in multiple places as well which makes me want to confirm it if possible:
    Also, if they're revamping the original six classes in the upcoming expansion, who to say knockbacks wont be installed? =P

Why I'm hoping someone who reads chinese can check that version of the game or something.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I heard it was doing to be another sleep skill.. but don't quote me on that.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah there was a thread about more skills, but it was hard to understand. The translation was sloppy.

I think it was actually the cleric that got a new sleep (Someone was complaining about it, and she was saying "Why do clerics need another sleep skill), but I couldn't figure out what the Wizard got..
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Yeah there was a thread about more skills, but it was hard to understand. The translation was sloppy.

I think it was actually the cleric that got a new sleep (Someone was complaining about it, and she was saying "Why do clerics need another sleep skill), but I couldn't figure out what the Wizard got..

Well I'll take another sleep skill over another aoe skill any day... And, you know elemental shell says "...10% chance to dispell all status ailments". That's never worked for me yet. That could be enhanced I suppose.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the new skill was supposed to be like a mini stun in a small radius around you which would reveal sins, for example, at the cost of draining mp

heard it from a girl who heard it from a guy who allegedly is "in the know" with the cn version

also (like everybody else) heard interval being nerfed at 3. something was actually (this part of the rumor hasn't surfaced) addressed and thought to be being implemented in the CN version. whether it detracts from business or not if brought here, after everybody claimed just cause the chinese had their mirage pay nerfed doesn't mean we would too, don't put all your eggs in 1 basket...you never know
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the new skill was supposed to be like a mini stun in a small radius around you which would reveal sins, for example, at the cost of draining mp

heard it from a girl who heard it from a guy who allegedly is "in the know" with the cn version

also (like everybody else) heard interval being nerfed at 3. something was actually (this part of the rumor hasn't surfaced) addressed and thought to be being implemented in the CN version. whether it detracts from business or not if brought here, after everybody claimed just cause the chinese had their mirage pay nerfed doesn't mean we would too, don't put all your eggs in 1 basket...you never know

i dont think they would ever nerf the aps system.
    they would loose a lot of money.
    now imagine u would be a dev, what would u prefer?
    1. more money in my wallet
    2. better and fair gameplay for everyone but less money in my wallet.

hell u can be sure they prefer the money
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    eyehaveyou wrote: »
    i dont think they would ever nerf the aps system.
    they would loose a lot of money.
    now imagine u would be a dev, what would u prefer?
    1. more money in my wallet
    2. better and fair gameplay for everyone but less money in my wallet.

hell u can be sure they prefer the money

The fault with your premise is that fair gameplay would result in less money. That's a debatable point. Most debatable.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The fault with your premise is that fair gameplay would result in less money. That's a debatable point. Most debatable.

That point is debateable, yes.

But what's even more debateable is whether or not a Dev has enough foresight to look to the future and see the possibility of people joining/leaving because of balanced/unbalanced gameplay.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Idk if that rumor is true but an aoe to detect sins would be nice, since they are the only class that can kill u by using surprise attacks in PK and kill u in a blink of an eye, so an aoe that could detect them would be nice, tho I heard Mythics and/or Seekers will have a buff that increase detection lvl on target and that they will be able to cast it on other players also, I also heard that there will be a new job (new kind of apotecary) and apos will last 1 hour long but these are just rumors. Anyway from what i have heard it seems that the new calsses wil be anti Tide Born ones and the new changes will make sins stop being so "OP"
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    id like a counter stun just like psychics have=> enemy gets stunned after hitting u
    edited November 2010
    Ugh, this isn't supposed to be a wish list, just to see if anyone had any information about it.

There are pointless "wish-list of new wizard skill" threads elsewhere.

/close please
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There are lots of rumors, most of em talk about a new sleep skill tho (finally dammit!....they could have done that before we had to pay 2m for our 79 skill!)
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
    edited December 2010
    sorry i should of retyped that point, from what i hear the origonal 6 classes are getting new skills and changes. The wizard one i hear was a small, close range aoe stun shield, kinda like psychics soul of stunning, that triggers when someone in pvp comes within range of it.

one more rumor . . . .
  • Testical - Harshlands
    Testical - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Where did all these rumors come from? Websites, Chinese forums, dreams? If this is not a wish list, then don't post without evidence because we don't want to get our hopes up and be disappointed afterward. b:cry

Raise your hand if you want a 1 spark sutra
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    /char************
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i heard that wizards get an invis skill in the expansion. and the g18 wep has a oneshot proc on it.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Idk if that rumor is true but an aoe to detect sins would be nice
    You already have one. Get Alpha Male and stick it on your genie. You can do it anywhere and it has the side-effect of knocking sins out of stealth. b:shutup
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    You already have one. Get Alpha Male and stick it on your genie. You can do it anywhere and it has the side-effect of knocking sins out of stealth. b:shutup

I've been working with Alpha Male, and it works pretty good against sins.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited December 2010
    source? I certainly haven't seen a trace of this new skill for mages, unless you're confusing it with the mystic skill.
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeh give us sauce D:
    And a translation of said sauce o.o
    Yum?
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i heard that wizards get an invis skill in the expansion. and the g18 wep has a oneshot proc on it.

I don't think a wizzy with a G18 weapon would need a proc to 1shot anything. Just cast gush and your done
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeh give us sauce D:
    And a translation of said sauce o.o
    Yum?

I'm not sure but... I think people confused one thing here. The "source" about this new skill was PW-classic site (the P2P version) where old classes will get new skills. If this is what people are thinking about then no new skills will be added to old classes here.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
This discussion has been closed.