You make me feel like i'm in love.

Futurelord - Dreamweaver
Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Give it up for PWI Clerics! They make the game world go round.b:victory

So tell me Forum, have you recently had a "i love clerics" moment? Share your experience.b:pleased

Give us our new epic super duper i cant believe its not butter skill!
b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
Post edited by Futurelord - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My wife's best character is a cleric. I love her. I also have a cleric, which I liked playing. Would have probably liked it more if it were female. Yay for clerics!
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Give it up for PWI Clerics! They make the game world go round.b:victory

So tell me Forum, have you recently had a "i love clerics" moment? Share your experience.b:pleased

I'm in love with the best cleric ever so...
    These moments are not rare for me b:chuckle
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    Kipitei - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Not sure if this qualifies since I actually like being a cleric!
    Was doing bh51 with overall badly geared squad. At Wyv people were complaining that we couldn't do it because none could tank and someone said "it can only be done if cleric has GOD GAMEPLAY"
    Well I convinced someone to tank and we got it down without any deaths. And I'm not even a good cleric : D
    <3 being a cleric
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I love playing my cleric, and have a new respect for them now that I've leveled mine up more. Keeping idiots alive is the most frustrating task in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Best cleric moment?

FF 85-95, I invited a cleric friend of mine who I knew was experienced in the run. We got to big room boss. Barb went afk, I just said "w/e" and began to tank. Barb comes back and boss is at like 500k hp. He starts ******** in squad chat, and my cleric friend just states "Shouldn't of gone afk if you planned to tank. The BM is also a capable tank. b:giggle"
    Barb shut up at that point and came to DD the boss. I gave him tanking job back when we got the next boss since I hate that one anyhow xD.

Still my favorite moment was when a cleric, who I just squaded with, invited a barb into the squad for a FF run. This was when i was 80, so I didn't mind. Just started to FF so wasn't having too much concern with any class.
    We get to first boss, and I notice i'm tanking the thing.....I just go "ok...." the cleric is healing me and all that, so it's not a problem.
    It goes well till we get to the second boss. Everybody starts dropping like flies from the water DoT bubble and sleep. Cleric drops first, barb second, archer third, 2nd archer 4th, and the wizzy 5th. I'm sitting there with 5 bubbles in a row on me, 10 in a row sleep, just watching my HP charm go *tick* *tick* *Tick* *TICK*. After the cleric came back the boss killed her again. I just go "Mmmkay....." in squad chat, tell the barb to release so he can help. I come to find out the barb don't speak english.
    *XXXX (the barb) has been booted from squad.*
    *XXXXX (My barb friend) has joined the squad.*
    "Second boss." he comes and kills the boss while i'm still bubbled, and the cleric leaves.

I was laughing for 10 mins after that boss cause I found out right after the boss dropped dead the cleric had never gone father than the first boss, spoke no-english, and was a pure fail according to my barb friend who aparently FF'd with her before.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm full of appreciation to those who (successfully) play a cleric. It takes a lot, and they have to deal with a lot from people - something I'd never have the patience to deal with in game. I love my Cleric husband and couldn't be more grateful for all the help he has given to our guild-mates as well as myself. Personally, I couldn't love him more than I already do, no wonder he's my husband b:cute

As for specifics? Every time he saves a squad when our higher level cleric decides to play DD and forget his job. b:surrender
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I hate clerics, they are stupid, slow, they don't heal sins when they steal aggro (talking about the moment before boss slice them in two hits, yes), every time when anyone dies it is cleric's fault because cleric is there to keep people alive. And in addition to these annoying facts, clerics run away when few melee mobs are chasing them after heal aggro which makes the fight chaotic. So, clerics, please give up and let people use HP food instead of that pathetic IH.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:surrender i agree with poster above me... clerics suck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siriner - Sanctuary
    Siriner - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I hate clerics, they are stupid, slow, they don't heal sins when they steal aggro (talking about the moment before boss slice them in two hits, yes), every time when anyone dies it is cleric's fault because cleric is there to keep people alive. And in addition to these annoying facts, clerics run away when few melee mobs are chasing them after heal aggro which makes the fight chaotic. So, clerics, please give up and let people use HP food instead of that pathetic IH.

You mad? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oink!
  • Liyte - Lost City
    Liyte - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wish I had rolled an archer..
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I love partying with GOOD clerics. I don't particularly care to play one (but I think it's just because I've never leveled one high enough), and I more than despise bad/stupid clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I love partying with GOOD clerics. I don't particularly care to play one (but I think it's just because I've never leveled one high enough), and I more than despise bad/stupid clerics.
    The best part of being a cleric is knowing that there is no mob that can kill you. (Honestly, a properly geared cleric who knows when and how to use their 3 shields and heals can never die from a mob.)(....As a cleric it is crazy to have no vit, you dont need THAT much healing power! Learn to live(vit) alittle.b:laugh
    I wish I had rolled an archer..
    My build just so happen to be vit with a high chance to crit, mind you i'm still able to keep people alive. Yay crit gear!
    b:surrender i agree with poster above me... clerics suck

Says the lvl100 cleric agreeing with a lvl100 cleric...b:chuckle
  • $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dunno if this thread is ment serious but I gave up being cleric cause ppl these days dont even know the words "thank you".

Spoiled generation is spoiled.

Player: Buff me

Me: (Buffs him)

Player: .....

Me: Say ty next time, ok?

Player: F**k you noob
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • /Fox - Harshlands98
    /Fox - Harshlands98 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The best part of being a cleric is knowing that there is no mob that can kill you. (Honestly, a properly geared cleric who knows when and how to use their 3 shields and heals can never die from a mob.

o.O three sheilds..i only know of and have two. plume shell and wings of protection

b:pleased i love being a cleric mainly because its easy to get squads for nearly any instance andand its preety easy to grind and quest as sheild and heals can keep you alive.

b:pleased clerics are a vital part of the game..imagine all the other classes QQ if we left and they had nobody to revive or buff them b:laugh
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    o.O three sheilds..i only know of and have two. plume shell and wings of protection

b:pleased i love being a cleric mainly because its easy to get squads for nearly any instance andand its preety easy to grind and quest as sheild and heals can keep you alive.

b:pleased clerics are a vital part of the game..imagine all the other classes QQ if we left and they had nobody to revive or buff them b:laugh

Guardian light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Dunno if this thread is ment serious but I gave up being cleric cause ppl these days dont even know the words "thank you".

"Welcome to my blacklist."
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I loove being a cleric. :) When I'm on another character I get urges to heal myself and others, then get angry cause I can't find my IH button. Lol.

I like being able to keep my squad alive, and having demon res is even better since I don't have to worry about the usual horribly long casting.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wizzy or Sin are better healers to me.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I made a cleric with the intention of account stashing my mages gear on it. Needless to say after playing my cleric in many BH's I won't be leveling him to 100 any time soon.

Playing support and healing isn't for me. People crying for heals when they are at fault, and crying in general to the cleric is really annoying. However, my cleric does have level 1 res so I do get a laugh when I res a annoying person.

My cleric is a catshop mule now b:surrender
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2010

thankfully i never buff people that ask, just to avoid that, *that* being the no *thank you* bit, or the cheaky remark at the end, i only buff people in guild, friends list, or people that i res, or on the rare occasion, someone random that may look like they need a lil buff.

personaly though i always enjoy being a cleric, you know your always needed in a squad, unless that squad is a fully cash shoped to an insane degree squad, when im playing other chars though, i dont realy feel as useful as i could be, then again ive always played some sort of support role in games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Wizzy or Sin are better healers to me.

b:cry
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2010

b:chuckleb:cryb:cry

On the other hand, proud member of the hospital for dummies. :)
  • YaoiFanBoi - Raging Tide
    YaoiFanBoi - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I just love Cleric players :3 They have to do so much to keep everyone healed right, and most of the time they are a lifeline(well okay all of the time) during important boss battles. And whats not to love about them? They have such pretty pretty skills, so pretty pretty shiny shiny ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Thank you Nowitsawn for this cool sig :3
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    I loove being a cleric. :) When I'm on another character I get urges to heal myself and others, then get angry cause I can't find my IH button. Lol.

On my veno I made the heal shortcut same as IH on cleric (F4). Sometimes I really do heal my pet when somebody in squad is about to die. b:surrender

(Btw how can I quote more than one message in reply? )
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I would thank you, dearie. You're an awesome cleric. b:kiss
    If he was in PK, you should've went PK, slept him and pew pew him. b:laugh

As far as bad and good clerics go, I love clerics (not the dumb ones...). I even have a newbie cleric myself and plan on leveling her more, although I'm kinda regretting not making her on DW since they are expensive to play. b:surrender

Apparently, now tanks and clerics are not only one class... >.>
    On my veno I made the heal shortcut same as IH on cleric (F4). Sometimes I really do heal my pet when somebody in squad is about to die. b:surrender

(Btw how can I quote more than one message in reply? )

You click quote on the second one you want to include in your reply, copy it, then go to the first quote that will be in your reply and quote it, then past the other one. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    I just love Cleric players :3 They have to do so much to keep everyone healed right, and most of the time they are a lifeline(well okay all of the time) during important boss battles. And whats not to love about them? They have such pretty pretty skills, so pretty pretty shiny shiny ._.

I wanna spell that throw flowers on the boss and make him do a funny sneeze every 1 min, yay for funny skills!b:victory

On the other hand i don't get why tempest don't have a more powerful side effect, a 3 second slow is a little iffy to me...
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't like clerics b:angry
    They stand in a "i'm better then you" pose. >.>

Kidding, what would PWI be without clerics b:cute
    Perfect Fishie World?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • YaoiFanBoi - Raging Tide
    YaoiFanBoi - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wanna spell that throw flowers on the boss and make him do a funny sneeze every 1 min, yay for funny skills!b:victory

On the other hand i don't get why tempest don't have a more powerful side effect, a 3 second slow is a little iffy to me...

:o That sounds like Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts... that would be epic though b:thanks imagine the chaos in PVP... and allergy medicine in the boutique would make a good profit lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Thank you Nowitsawn for this cool sig :3
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Oh....earthguard mediation b:shocked

+ Thanks SerenityMare b:thanks
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Unfortunately as a cleric myself, I don't like them very much. You can't even get one to buff you before event. b:angry

<-- Doesn't use cleric for event.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
This discussion has been closed.