Some things that new comers should know and the old people should remember

Options
ClericMD - Lost City
ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I am playing again this game and note that some people are missing some information so I make this post for tell them they some tips that all in pw should know:

Heal steal agro from mobs that are hitting you if you dont hit first, so if you want to run into a group of mobs be sure you use one aoe, if you dont make that them you will died b:bye.

Clerics are slow runing, even with holly path, so take your time and wait for the cleric be ready for heal you, before run into the next mob and the next and the next......

Dont overestimate you, known your limits, for god sake is imposible for a level 80 sin tank pole!!!!!!!!!

Hp,mana pots and hp, mana food are very usefull, use it!!!!

If you **** and died dont blame the others.

If you steal agro dont run like a headless chicken, only stop atack wait for heal and hope that tank recover agro fast.

Read the squad chat and pays attention to your squad partner says.

Some mobs explode went they died and make a lot of damage to some class (LA and AA armors users) so please wait for their get some heal before kill the next one that is near of them.

Sins can make invisible and avoid died the others races no!!!!

Yeah you have a level 101 pj good for you, but now you are playing a level 50 one so can you focus in this and stop say to others how they must play?

If you are a melee class pls use your skill, auto atack can save you some work but will take a lot of time of the other people kill the boss. Note. please read the next one:

I am glad that you can make 20k of critic damage but please can you try dont make that in middle of physcall aoe boss? in special went you are a squishy class that will died in 1 or 2 hits?, however if you want make that, please put yourself very far of cleric.

Venos dont need herc for be usefull, the game have a lot of good pets, and venos have debuff, reflect buff, can lure and are very good DD, so why is the reason of rejecting only because she has't got 60 mill for a herc?

Yeah melee class need less mana that others class but that dont mean that you dont need pots for a long run, so be sure buy some of they.

Sins can use bow for make damage went the situation requires it.

The forum have a lot of information about all class, skills, dungeon and more so take your time and read it

And the most important
Be respectful with your squad partnes, behind all character of the game there a human been.

If we all remeber this littles things life in PW will be more easy.
Post edited by ClericMD - Lost City on

Comments

• Wenomus - Dreamweaver
    Wenomus - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

I am glad that you can make 20k of critic damage but please can you try dont make that in middle of physcall aoe boss? in special went you are a squishy class that will died in 1 or 2 hits?, however if you want make that, please put yourself very far of cleric.

Errr, you dont decide when to crit-.-
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TOO MANY SPELLING ERRORS >.<!!!!!!

I coudln't even read past the first few lines T_T
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

LOL WHAT b:chuckle
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    OMG THE AMOUNT OF ERRORS IN THIS POST ABOUT KILLED MY EYES QQ. normally it doesnt bother me but this......*gouges out eyeballs then soak in eye cleaner* plz correct it some so it makes a bit more sense
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Only read the red text but seems like you had some good points.

It's just that sometimes a squad member isn't worth listening to, and out of respect for everyone else in the squad you should ask them to leave or just kick 'em. b:surrender
  • Alinelia - Sanctuary
    Alinelia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am playing again and see that some people are missing some information. So I'm posting this to tell them some tips that everyone in PW should know:

Heal steals aggro from mobs that that haven't been hit, so if you want to run into a group of mobs be sure you use one aoe, if you don't make sure all of them are hit you will most likely die b:bye. [This applies to newbie clerics not knowing that healing can draw aggro to you. If more than one monster is running toward the tank(or another player), make sure they are hit first. Otherwise you draw aggro yourself and will most likely die.]

Clerics run slow, even with holy path, so take your time and wait for the cleric. So they can be ready to heal you, before running to the next mob and the next and the next...

Don't overestimate yourself, know your limits, for god's sake it's impossible for a level 80 sin to tank pole!

Hp, mana pots, and hp/mana food are very useful. Use them!

If you **** up and die, don't blame others.

If you steal aggro don't run around like a headless chicken. Stop attacking, wait for healing, and hope that the tank recovers aggro fast.

Read squad chat and pay attention to what your squad partner(s) say.

Some mobs explode when they die and do a lot of damage to some classes (LA and AA users). So please wait and recover HP before heading to kill the next one that is near them.

Sins can stealth and avoid dying, the others races cannot!

Yeah you have a level 101 pj good for you, but now you are playing a level 50 one so can you focus in this and stop say to others how they must play?[Didn't understand this one. Think he means "Yeah you have a high level -insert class-, but that doesn't give you the right to tell a lower level player(with the same class) how to play it."(?)]

If you are a melee class please use your skills, auto attack can save you some work but will take more time to kill bosses. Note. please read the next one:[Well with high enough APS it makes skills take more time to down a boss, unless it's actually beneficial to use it. I.E. a sin using rib strike to slow down the attack speed of a monster or buffs/debuffs, of course]

I am glad that you can do 20k critical damage, but please can you try and not do that in middle of physical aoe bosses? Especially when you are a squishy class that will die in 1 or 2 hits? However, if you to do that please be very far away from the cleric.[Like someone already said you can't control when you crit. Also this applies more to the cleric making sure they are far enough away to avoid the AoE and still be in healing range. Well not 100% of the cleric's responsibility. If want to make sure you're healed, stay far enough away so the cleric avoids being hit really but within their range.]

Venos don't need a herc to be useful, the game has a lot of good pets, and venos have debuffs, reflect buffs, can lure, and are very good DDs. So why are you rejecting her only because she hasn't got 60 mill for a herc?

Yeah melee classes need less mana than magic classes, but that doesn't mean that you don't need pots for a long run. So be sure to buy some of them.

Sins can use bows when the situation requires it.

The forums have a lot of useful information about all classes, skills, dungeons, and more. So take your time and read it.

And the most important one:
    Be respectful to your squad partner(s), behind every character in the game there is a human being.

If we all remember these little things, life in PW will be much easier.

That's right I edited it for errors. There may still be some, but maybe people will stop complaining now. No, I'm not insulting the OP by editing this. I know English is not everyone's first language. I'm just making it more legible.
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TOO MANY SPELLING ERRORS >.<!!!!!!

I couldn't even read past the first few lines T_T

fixed. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    fixed. b:cute

b:chuckle

"Clerics are slow runing, even with holly path..." Well, I run 15m/s... But I got your point and ... ok, yes, its fine to wait if you need some heals, if not, I don't care.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I run 5.0m/s how slow are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am not sure but don't exploding mobs deal fire damage? It would mean that HA wearers are hit more than LA or even AA wearers...

Sins can stealth and avoid dying, the others races cannot! b:cry

Yeah you have a level 101 pj good for you, but now you are playing a level 50 one so can you focus in this and stop say to others how they must play?
    Agreed. Absolutely.

Venos don't need a herc to be useful, the game has a lot of good pets, and venos have debuffs, reflect buffs, can lure, and are very good DDs. So why are you rejecting her only because she hasn't got 60 mill for a herc? b:thanks I hate it when other venos laugh at my lovely scorpy really. Meanies b:cry

Hp, mana pots, and hp/mana food are very useful. Use them! Yes please, cleric screaming in BB "I don't have pots!" does not make things easier.

Why did I reply? Damned. b:shutup
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am not sure but don't exploding mobs deal fire damage?

i would actually like to know this, i tried testing it with alter marrow on my bm but i couldn't see a difference.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • tiggy217
    tiggy217 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    To OP your post screams on-line translator. You might wanna try to find a better one. Don't blame OP Looking at it my only thought was on-line translator.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Did somebody translated?
  • Alinelia - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Really I thought my post put it in plain, understandable English.
  • tiggy217
    tiggy217 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    After the first few post I quit reading. Got tired of people complaining about spelling and ****. I understood the OP. I was just saying that a good portion of the post looked like an on-line translator program translated it. I was just suggesting they maybe find another. I have foreign friends that use a translator to talk to me and a lot of time looks like the original post.
  • Alinelia - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I was really talking to Janus. I probably should have quoted him, lol. The complaining irritated me as well, which was why I took it and "translated" it as best as I could. Some of it is stuff that's good for a newbie to know. I figured if they could understand it properly, it'd work out a lot better.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Psh whats tanking for sins? pole? pfff 2 secs, that it. *note sarcasm* b:chuckle

A sin *high lvl* with decent gear and a good amount of def/hp can tank pole WITH a GOOD cleric. Else hp charm ****.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I am not sure but don't exploding mobs deal fire damage? It would mean that HA wearers are hit more than LA or even AA wearers...

The explosions are Physical. When I do an fb39 for someone like a barb, they usually only lose a reasonable chunk of their HP. But when I do it for someone like a wizzy, they die instantly (or survive with a sliver of HP left) after a single explosion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh and btw, when they go into a group of mobs and dont atk them, dont heal, let their blood run. Its fun.

Note how the fail lure will turn out blaming you for not healing lol. If you do heal, then they will say "cleric died when i was luring, noob cleric". So learn to know what your squad is doing.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Yeah they do. Anyone with TE can test it out.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

The explosions from the exploding mobs in fb39 deal more damage to me when I'm wearing my HA set than my AA set. It confused me a bit because I always thought the explosion was physical until I tested it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    To my belief, the exploding mobs deal both Physical and fire damage, similar to a Wizard's Blade Tempest.

The reason I believe so is: while using a fire immune spell on the genie, it says "Resist". But using Psychic Will on my Psychic cuts the damage extremely (60-70% or so).

And on my BM, the explosion deals the same no matter which marrow is used, while, if it was on physical damage, Magical Marrow would make me take a lot more damage than Physical Marrow.
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    stuff

This is General Discussion. The beginner's section is here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you steal agro dont run like a headless chicken, only stop atack wait for heal and hope that tank recover agro fast.

Though... in my experience, running like a headless chicken would be good, if you are dragging the monster which you have aggro on over to the tank. Meanwhile, stopping, standing there, and taking damage would be bad.

If the monster is standing, or running somewhere, where the tank can not attack it, the tank is going to have to waste some time getting to the monster. If you have an alt tank and too much aggro for the tank to pull off of you, that is one thing -- you should try to survive however you can then. But if you have a tank with aggro resetting skills, or a tank with a lot of aggro generating capability, and enough health and healing to be tanking, things will go much better for you if you introduce your monster to your tank.
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Some spelling errors but no big deal! There is a lot of good points in OP and I hope ppl will learn from it.

I think the problem is ppl will say, "Oh a Cleric in our party, gess I don't have to use potions, or watch my hp because thats is there job."

As a Cleric I understand your problem, and I think anyone who treats a Cleric like a tool should be left to die untill they understand they are not the centre of the game.

True that Veno's are great classes and without a Herc can do damage, tank some bosses, and even DD. (Lvl 96 Veno here W.Herc) I was kicked out of partys before I had my herc and thought it was unfair.

The best point Is behind every toon there is a human, this is a family game so play nice.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hp,mana pots and hp, mana food are very usefull, use it!!!!

[.

I'm pretty sure even a 5-year old knows that you have to use pots in videgames.
  • TrueAminta - Lost City
    TrueAminta - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you would think most ppl would know how to use pots but sadly to say this is not the case most times....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrueAminta- healer, TrueNicor- psy, TrueAzaril- veno
    LostCity- Leader of EvilWithN
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

LOL WHAT b:chuckle

Its funny because the brain will phonetically correct lines like this. So really I'm LOL WHAT at your post because I read that line as "If you **** up and die, don't blame others".

Idiot.